Bono's silence is strange and disappointing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:

LMAO!!!! Again, my apologies for getting involved in an inappropriate discussion. I haven't been posting in this forum very long. I'm embarrassed.

You didn't do anything that requires and apology or being embarrased! Everyone has been drawn into an off topic discussion here at one time or another...its not a crime :)

:hug:

Bono's American Wife said:

You didn't do anything that requires and apology or being embarrased! Everyone has been drawn into an off topic discussion here at one time or another...its not a crime :)

:hug:

Thanks. I haven't been posting here very long so I didn't know. I'm generally against wars, but not always if it's a :censored: like Slobodon Milosevic. Gosh, I detested that guy! Truly one of the Dictators From Hell. I hate dictators in case you can't tell. I'm glad he's in the Hague where he belongs.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this up again, but there is an interview from today that gives some insight into the Iraq situation imo.

THR: You saw firsthand how terrorism tore apart Ireland. What are your thoughts on the United States' current terrorism crisis?

Bono: These are nervous times -- that's clear. I think people often say that you first have to learn lessons from history, but history is just a bunch of screw-ups. But there are some screw-ups to learn from. I think perhaps the way terrorism in Ireland was encouraged by a very over-the-top British response in the '70s and '80s is a good example. You had 300 active service members of the provisional IRA around that time, and they sent in 30,000 troops and interned everybody who was suspicious without fair access to trial lawyers. Internment was the thing that actually grew the military wing of the IRA movement. It would be wise at this moment in time to think about the mistakes that were made. Irish people have a little bit of experience with terrorism, and America has none.

Scarletwine said:
"You had 300 active service members of the provisional IRA around that time, and they sent in 30,000 troops and interned everybody who was suspicious without fair access to trial lawyers. Internment was the thing that actually grew the military wing of the IRA movement. "

Whoa, is anyone else reading btwn the lines here?

Bono speaks some serious sense sometimes! oops MOST times! :yes:

:up:

gabrielvox said:

Whoa, is anyone else reading btwn the lines here?

Bono speaks some serious sense sometimes! oops MOST times! :yes:

:up:

Yes indeed. The guy knows something about terrorism, eh? It's scary when you think about it.:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom