Bono's interview with Brian Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Yes this was posted in EYKIW

I'm hoping we can have a more "humanitarian-minded" discussion of it here, as that thread turned into a "discussion" of the new album, (which was clearly not the focus of this interview)

This interview made me want to read "On The Move" which I looked for in a bookstore a while back, but it was sold out.

I should probably order it online.

Thuoghts about this interview, the book if you've read it?

When you take a step back and consider it, it is pretty amazing what the ONE and RED campaigns have accomplished so far, in their relatively short space of time.

Nice little interview there. :up:

It is incredible what Product (RED) is doing. Sounds like they have bigger plans this next year.

Being a bad little U2 fan, is Product Red more of an awareness thing or a real humanitarian money generating thing?

BonosSaint said:
Being a bad little U2 fan, is Product Red more of an awareness thing or a real humanitarian money generating thing?

"a bad little U2 fan", haha, give me a break. if you have a true desire to understand and participate that's more than enough.

my understanding is that RED is a real, practical way for companies to get involved in assisting the effort, in a for-profit manner. ie: good works and good business can go hand in hand.

in short, my understanding is: ONE is awareness raising, RED is fund-raising.

I think the most interesting part of the interview is when he says the coronel called him on ideas about the war on terror...

If this is true it's a testament on how clueless this administration is on dealing with the war on terror.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think the most interesting part of the interview is when he says the coronel called him on ideas about the war on terror...

If this is true it's a testament on how clueless this administration is on dealing with the war on terror.

true, and how spot on Bono has been in "marketing" these efforts as, in part, prevention of future conflicts.

i can't imagine Bono lying about something like that. and he's probably one of the more popular and clear-thinking "friends" bush & co. have at this point.

He has mentioned this colonel in several interviews so far. I'm sure it's true (you might call me naive now ;)).

dr. zooeuss said:

i can't imagine Bono lying about something like that. and he's probably one of the more popular and clear-thinking "friends" bush & co. have at this point.

I didn't mean to allude to any lying, just if that's exactly how it went down or was it exagerated...

Unfortunately, I can't find the link to this interview any more. But I did find this:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&bra...s:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

Pretty cool.

I remember a lot about Bono consulting on GWOT, espcially how to address it in Africa. How to approach Africa from a National Security point of view.

Bono is highly respected in our government, and believe it or not in our intelligence community and state department for his GLOBAL INFLUENCE.

Yep... Anti Christ? lol.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I didn't mean to allude to any lying, just if that's exactly how it went down or was it exagerated...

yeah, good point, he's not a liar, but 'storytelling' is something entriely different. (btw, i didn't mean to allude to you alluding to lying)

MadelynIris said:
Unfortunately, I can't find the link to this interview any more. But I did find this:

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&bra...s:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

Pretty cool.

I remember a lot about Bono consulting on GWOT, espcially how to address it in Africa. How to approach Africa from a National Security point of view.

Bono is highly respected in our government, and believe it or not in our intelligence community and state department for his GLOBAL INFLUENCE.

Yep... Anti Christ? lol.

Wow, thanks for posting that link. Nice to see him reporting some hard facts and following up on results. That makes a huge difference in continuing to get people's attention and support, imo.

I think that whole thing must've been Bono snagging the cameraman after the snl taping, totally unrehearsed. Don't often see him lose his train of thought like that, but it was good nonetheless. :up:

Back
Top Bottom