Bonoman, U2Bama, Diamond, Lemonite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!!

Melon, it's good to hear from ya. New philosophy, hmm...intriguing! In what way?

As for myself, I've just kept on plugging my website/multimedia development business...not many clients, but I am getting some contracts through my partnership with a graphic designer.

Musicwise, I've not listened to U2 a lot this last year. I do love "The Hands..." and mainly listen to ATYCLB and Zooropa (yes, I know!). Zooropa is nowhere near my fave U2 CD, but it is much better than my original appraisal. That song "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" is actually pretty deep. The groups I've been listening to the most are ASIA and ABBA and Tribe Of Judah (Gary Cherone's new band).

Yes, Bama, I caught the ELP reference, also. What is your fave CD? I liek "Black Moon".

martha said:
Brain Salad Surgery

:up:

Then Trilogy.

But you didn't ask me. :reject:

That's quite okay. I don't have Brain Sald Surgery, but I always thought it was a hilarious title.

Do you get into ASIA or John Wetton?

80sU2isBest said:
Yes, Bama, I caught the ELP reference, also. What is your fave CD? I liek "Black Moon".

I am going to take the easy route here and say that my favorite is Rhino Records' THE BEST OF EMERSON LAKE & PALMER. Altough with most prog-rock bands I have a favorite album that I like to sit down and listen to in one sitting (Pink Floyd's WISH YOU WERE HERE comes to mind), ELP has too many great songs that stand ontheir own individually, and the BEST OF collection is the perfect set. I also like the I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS EP. Have either of you heard Keith Emerson's Christmas album?

~U2Alabama

martha said:

And what's on the Best Of?

1. From The Beginning
2. Jerusalem
3. Still...You Turn Me On
4. Fanfare for the Common Man (single version, unfortunately)
5. Knife Edge
6. Tarkus
7. Karn Evil 9 (1st Impression Part 2)
8. C'est La Vie
9. Hoedown
10. Trilogy
11. Honky Tonk Train Blues
12. Black Moon
13. Lucky Man
14. I Believe In Father Christmas (original single version - with the choir and symphony instead of the piano closing)

~U2Alabama

hey 80s! I was wondering where you had got to. :) Nice to see that you're still around. I am still studying up at L'Abri and doing a lot of thinking along theological lines these days. :wave:

Oh fuck i thought we had ridded this forum with you!!!

HAHA

Hows it going, great to see you back. You might be able to bring a little levelheadenness to some of the debates around here.

SO what are your thoughts on Iraq?? HAHA

Back
Top Bottom