Bono/U2 are in league with Satan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Christians wonder why some people don't take them seriously.

It's just the extremists that bring a bad name to perfectly sensible people, IMO. That's true of any religion. There do seem to be a lot of nutters of all persuasions out there.

Bono's shades said:
Does anyone but me think the whole thing is just a huge joke and the creators are laughing all the way to the bank?

I kind of hope that's true. Because if these people seriously believe the crap they are spouting, I weep for humanity.

Ditto. I wouldn't be surprised to find it was all a hoax. Scarily enough, we're probably wrong!! :eek:

Last edited:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

oh, that...is...good...comedy...

I had to watch it twice. I'll be forwarding that link to a lot of friends.

Influenced by Oscar Wilde?? The horror!
But how could he not mention that Bono admits he held the hand of the devil (his secret lord and master)?
And Bono writes lyrics asking God why he's sleeping? That kind of satanic chanting will drive us all to the Dark Lord. It's almost as bad as the bible...From Psalm 44: "Wake up, O Lord! Why do you sleep? Get up! Do not reject us forever. Why do you look the other way? Why do you ignore our suffering and oppression? We collapse in the dust, lying face down in the dirt. Rise up! Come and help us! Save us because of your unfailing love."

Unfortunately, this guy certainly believes everything he's saying. I've talked to enough people who think this way to know they're serious. I can't imagine he's in this for the money. Maybe Joe Schimmel is making a living off of this, but there's no way he's getting rich. At least I hope not. There are a lot of these types of videos out there, certainly more than the market demands.

Ah well, I guess there are worse things in the world than thinking U2 are agents of Satan. And they're providing some high quality entertainment.

Bono himself has confirmed Jesus as his Lord and Saviour, and has never recanted. That alone tells me that, despite his flaws, he is a true Christian, far more so than his detractors.

If only the people who put up these silly websites would put their time and energy towards fighting the real problems of this world, we might actually make some progress. :shrug:

Heh. I liked the part about him talking about a cross and then not having found what he's looking for. Gotta tell you, that's been one of my favorites for at least a decade. I had to be about ten-ish when that song came out. I think. I just remember being very young and /really/ getting that song.

Kirk Cameron is in league with Tim LaHaye.
Next to the devil himself I don't know if there's a single character in the world of "Christianity" that is as Anti-Christ as Tim Lahaye.
It is really not for me to judge but this guy is as creepy as it gets.
Do some research on him and you'll find out.

BostonAnne said:
This video is ridiculous and I'm not even going to waste my time watching it. :madspit:

It is actually quite amusing. :yes:

I don't know what worries me more:

a) the people behind the clip completely mis-interpret the lyrics/messages behind U2's songs

or

b) the narrarater sounds stoned.

aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

cool cool

hmmm *hugs u2 cds and marches to hell*

oh whait.. i am an atheist

*hugs u2 cds and goes to school coz she is late already*

This is the e-mail I sent to them abuot it:

Hello,
I watched your video clip on your website today about U2 and how they are being used by the devil? I found myself chuckling throughout much of the seven minute video for a number of reasons. First of all I find it interesting how little things such as Bono's cross being upside down as being a Satanic sign. Also where the video uses Helter Skelter, a song the Charles Manson used as an anthem for his killings, you left out one key point that Bono says before they play the song. It's on the Rattle and Hum video you use so check it out. Bono says "This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles, so we're stealing it back." That is not Satanic, rather it is U2 restoring justice to a song that was taken and twisted. And U2 did cover a snippet (emphasis on snippet) of Sympathy for the Devil in the middle of Bad. U2 has and continues to have a wide range of snippets of songs from other artists during that song, including the song '40' by U2. The song '40' in fact is based on Psalm 40. I also find it interesting that you say that the Fly character is the Lord of the Flies which is Balazebub. Isn't this taking a character a little bit too far?
I was also deeply offended when you said that U2's music is even more blasphomeous than Marilyn Manson's. You need more information to back this up. Is it not normal for Christians to question God when going through a hard time? The song If God Will Send His Angels seems like a deep cry for God to make Himself present to Bono. And also there are dark times in the Spiritual Journey that it feels like God is dead and that he needs to Wake Up, as Wake up Dead Man suggests. I'm sure being world famous rock stars, the band sees a lot of things in this world that make them wonder whats up with God and why is He letting all of this stuff happen.
I also wonder how you could turn the song I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For into a song that is denying Christ. A deeper look into the lyrics will show otherwise. The line "I believe in the Kingdom come, where all the colours will bleed into one," isn't that very spiritual? Isn't that much more spiritual than many lyrics we hear on the radio present day yet this U2 song still continues to get regular air time.
Bono is heavily involved in work to eliminate poverty in the third world. A song like When I Look at the World addresses the church and encourages us to try and see the world as Jesus saw it and help the world, instead of just sitting there and clouding things with smoke.
The song Peace on Earth is about the crisis in Ireland between Protestants and Catholics. Growing up in Ireland, no wonder Bono has so many questions about religion. He has seen so much in the name of religion, so much blood shed and innocent lives lost. The song is an honest cry out to God, he is asking "Jesus to take the time, to throw a drowning man a line."Is there anything wrong with asking for God's help? Is there something wrong with expressing this through music?

It must be true.....I saw the views on this post were "666".........{wonder who that was...must get out my palantir to check this out}......now it is at "668".

:|

sniggirb said:
This is the e-mail I sent to them abuot it:

Hello,
I watched your video clip on your website today about U2 and how they are being used by the devil? I found myself chuckling throughout much of the seven minute video for a number of reasons. First of all I find it interesting how little things such as Bono's cross being upside down as being a Satanic sign. Also where the video uses Helter Skelter, a song the Charles Manson used as an anthem for his killings, you left out one key point that Bono says before they play the song. It's on the Rattle and Hum video you use so check it out. Bono says "This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles, so we're stealing it back." That is not Satanic, rather it is U2 restoring justice to a song that was taken and twisted. And U2 did cover a snippet (emphasis on snippet) of Sympathy for the Devil in the middle of Bad. U2 has and continues to have a wide range of snippets of songs from other artists during that song, including the song '40' by U2. The song '40' in fact is based on Psalm 40. I also find it interesting that you say that the Fly character is the Lord of the Flies which is Balazebub. Isn't this taking a character a little bit too far?
I was also deeply offended when you said that U2's music is even more blasphomeous than Marilyn Manson's. You need more information to back this up. Is it not normal for Christians to question God when going through a hard time? The song If God Will Send His Angels seems like a deep cry for God to make Himself present to Bono. And also there are dark times in the Spiritual Journey that it feels like God is dead and that he needs to Wake Up, as Wake up Dead Man suggests. I'm sure being world famous rock stars, the band sees a lot of things in this world that make them wonder whats up with God and why is He letting all of this stuff happen.
I also wonder how you could turn the song I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For into a song that is denying Christ. A deeper look into the lyrics will show otherwise. The line "I believe in the Kingdom come, where all the colours will bleed into one," isn't that very spiritual? Isn't that much more spiritual than many lyrics we hear on the radio present day yet this U2 song still continues to get regular air time.
Bono is heavily involved in work to eliminate poverty in the third world. A song like When I Look at the World addresses the church and encourages us to try and see the world as Jesus saw it and help the world, instead of just sitting there and clouding things with smoke.
The song Peace on Earth is about the crisis in Ireland between Protestants and Catholics. Growing up in Ireland, no wonder Bono has so many questions about religion. He has seen so much in the name of religion, so much blood shed and innocent lives lost. The song is an honest cry out to God, he is asking "Jesus to take the time, to throw a drowning man a line."Is there anything wrong with asking for God's help? Is there something wrong with expressing this through music?

:applaud:

Let us know if or when you get a response!!!

Back
Top Bottom