Bono on CNN tonight said, about Bush Administation.. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2002, 02:12 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Bono on CNN tonight said, about Bush Administation..

after a few had commented to him, that, perhaps his celeberty is being used by the current administration, that he really wouldn't care, HOWEVER-
he DID NOT feel this was the case and that would be an innaccurate assesment and TRUSTS this administration and their motives.

Isnt it great Bono doesn't sterotype and THINKS "outside of the box?"
The man is AMAZING.

GO BONO!

diamond -My boy!

Old 06-05-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Sounds like a political response to me, diamond.

Old 06-05-2002, 11:24 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Diamond, "Thinking OUTSIDE the box"? Supporting a lame, Texas dumbass IS truly thinking outside the box.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:55 PM

Bono knows the means he needs to use to get to the ends he wants. He is not going to shoot himself or anyone else in the foot. But I also believe he does believe in people and that good will prevail~ it is this strong optimism in him that I admire.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:10 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Now THIS makes me giggle..
What you're implying is 1 of 2 things..
That
A) Bono is gullible-NOT!

or
B)-
Bono is LYING to cover for folks like-
Condi Rice
Colin Powell
GW
Senator Frist
Senator Hatch
John Kasich.
ect..

I think he is being sincere, for the rec.

You people amaze me.
I love you though.

Olive you are correct-Bono is a great optimist, and I predict he WILL make a difference.
Peace
Out-
Diamond
Old 06-05-2002, 12:15 PM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 09:55 PM

I think Bono's discovered it's truly best to remain apolitical in these causes. And to be open to all sorts of solutions.

Flexibility with heart and mind!

Go!! B-Man!!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 12:56 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by drumkeeran
I think Bono's discovered it's truly best to remain apolitical in these causes. And to be open to all sorts of solutions.

Flexibility with heart and mind!

Go!! B-Man!!!!
Exactly right Drum..
and what is great is he takes each indivual on, one by one , on a case by case basis.
Granted he leans to the left 70 per cent of the time, but he loves ALL people regardless of political ideaologies-my point.

N

DB9
Old 06-05-2002, 02:40 PM   #8
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 02:55 AM
Re: Bono on CNN tonight said, about Bush Administation..

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
HOWEVER-
he DID NOT feel this was the case and that would be an innaccurate assesment and TRUSTS this administration and their motives.

And you have touched on the topic that makes soooo many liberals mad.. That people.. Black/White, Liberal/Conservative, Jewish/Protestand, People trust this man, people just don't believe the shit that will fly from the mouths of Tom Daschle or D. Gephardt.

L.Unplugged
Old 06-05-2002, 02:46 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

My point exactly, Brother Lemonite.
Where's the toleration from the lovely Liberals here?
Oh I forgot we are damaged goods in their world.

Out-
DB9
Old 06-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Can't speak for the others, but I wasn't being a "liberal" in my comment (that Bono's response was a political one--but maybe 'diplomatic' would've been a better choice of words). All I meant is that he has a mission and therefore chooses his words carefully in order to garner support from all sides and offend none. I think we are unlikely to know what he really thinks of the Bush administration one way or the other and that's as it should be. I wasn't insinuating that he was lying, that he really hates Bush, or anything of the like--just that I for one take all such comments from him with regard to both Republicans and Democrats with a grain of salt.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:04 PM   #11
Refugee

Local Time: 06:55 PM
I'm sorry I missed that.

I don't think it's any of our business what Bono really thinks of the Bush administration. What he says publicly is important of course, and what he says with the president and his advisors is very important but we really won't ever know what Bono really thinks of President Bush. There's too much riding on his honest opinion - if he thinks bush is *S$(*(* then he can't say that or he would be shooting himself in the foot for it, because he needs them!!

If he thinks Bush rocks, then he risks alienating a lot of U2 fans, who are left wingers and get pissed off about these sorts of things.

Just my .02
Old 06-05-2002, 09:04 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Nope sorry, Joyful and October.
No sale.

You are sadly mistaken.
Bono has went outta HIS way TOO many times to say he genuinely likes some people in the THIS administration.
And know HE IS NOT playing possum either.
Deal with it.

diamond
Old 06-05-2002, 10:36 PM   #13
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 02:55 AM
This brings me to a very .. well. .. just a good ol thought

Listening to liberals cringe at the thought of Bono actually liking Jesse Helms, or Sec. O Neil.. or others in teh administration, brings me to a thought, something that I really have no real need to express, except just to get it on the record, for when other people accuse me of various positions or what not (The accusation of HATING palestinians comes to mind)..

When I read of Bono liking conservatives or rather.. Republicans, I don't think twice about it, (In the political context). . Maybe he likes these people, maybe he doesn't .. Either way it doesn't matter and to be honest, I dont' care.. I'm not here saying, "HOW COULD SEC O NEIL ACTUALLY LIKE HIM".. That is irrelevant.. At least in what Bono and the politicians are working for, What matters are Ideas.. That is how I look at things, Here in this forum, I wouldn't consider other people (Liberal Democrats) to be 'enemies', to be 'evil' or to be people I dislike.. What I do comment on, what I will make fun of (Unless a person is using 'smileys' or words like 'drivel' and 'pithy', or other excursions into the ROGETS.. then it's just begged for), and what I will drop virtual shits on are Ideas. Ideas I think are wrong, Ideas that I think need to be abandoned and punted in a nice swift drop kick.. Not the people that have these ideas.. just the ideas themselves.. And apparently Liberals just have the hardest time doing this, They can't.. Just check some of the Rush Limbaugh threads (Which people will respond by citing Michael Moore).. so I tell you to check the George W threads..

So with that, I maybe wanted to enlighten ya'll.. or maybe force ya to face it.. as to why you get so upset with Bono actually having 'friendly' feelings towards Conservatives, but that does not mean in any way that Bono shares teh same Ideas as these Conservatives.. Or maybe I'm just giving you guys and girls too much credit to think that that's the issue at hand, and not that you just really hate the fact taht Bono could like a 'conservative'... I mean, hell, I'm waiting for the time I can go out drinking with Zone Listener.. Hahah.. that'd be fun as hell.. but I guarantee you that here in this political forum we're going to be at each other's throats thumbing through our Thesaurus for the latest synonym of 'Pile of Shit'..

And you know.. I was thinking about this as I was just in the shower, and It's not just liberals.. Republicans do it as well (I say republicans to emphasize their Party first focus rather than Idea focus).. So Liberals are not the only ones to blame.. Shame on myself for even thinking of jumping into partisanship.

Your Friendly neighborhood Jackass,
L.Unplugged

Diamond.. still waiting for ya to get on Rush... I was listening today for ya..
Old 06-06-2002, 12:44 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:55 PM

Sometimes, as a conservative U2 fan, I feel like a palm tree in Alaska.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:51 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Sometimes, as a conservative U2 fan, I feel like a palm tree in Alaska.
I understand this phenomenon boss.

DB9