Bono on CNN tonight said, about Bush Administation..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemonite said:

Now this may all be nice and true, however Elevated's Comments just seem to mirror the at times shaky confidence these Republicans are having at the moment.

Lemonite:

My confidence is NOT shaky in the African Aid issue. In fact, it has been building over the past 3 years. Do you think Bachus would take some of the unpopular positions he takes in international affairs if he did not have confidence in them? The thing is, he has been there, seen what is going on, and wants to improve the situation, as do Bono, Sachs, Bush, possibly O'Neill, etc. A better international business climate will ultimately mean a BIGGER and better business climate for all of us. I am confident of that. Well-versed opinions from shock jocks and former tabloid tv anchors should not influence foreign policy; experience, evidence, and economic common sense should.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:

Lemonite:

My confidence is NOT shaky in the African Aid issue.

~U2Alabama

Excellently said.. I was just calling someone out who seemed to be sort of justifying their position to themselves.. Just calling the BS as I see it from people I think might be fooling themselves (Mistakenly or with Due Reason) or trying to fool us (In General)... That's it..

L.Unplugged

oliveu2cm said:
Bono knows the means he needs to use to get to the ends he wants. He is not going to shoot himself or anyone else in the foot. But I also believe he does believe in people and that good will prevail~ it is this strong optimism in him that I admire.

I agree with what you have to say Olive!

Bono plays politics very well. Remember earlier this year he was with French Pres Chirac selling Debt Relief to him. Went on about what a good man Chirac was. The same guy that Bono got up on a stage in Paris a few years earlier, in front of an international tv audience, and called a 'wanker'.

U2Bama said:
Sometimes, as a conservative U2 fan, I feel like a palm tree in Alaska.

Don`t worrie U2Bama, the perma-frost layer is already starting to melt. You be fine in a couple of years.

U2Bama said:
A better international business climate will ultimately mean a BIGGER and better business climate for all of us. I am confident of that.
I agree
now to find some politicians (and voters) on this globe who are able to think beyond short term success

TylerDurden said:
Bono plays politics very well. Remember earlier this year he was with French Pres Chirac selling Debt Relief to him. Went on about what a good man Chirac was. The same guy that Bono got up on a stage in Paris a few years earlier, in front of an international tv audience, and called a 'wanker'.

:yes:

Exactly Tyler. Like oliveu2cm said, he?s a wise man.

Fucking pigs

Bono still messing up with fucking politics , shit , why not to record some new music goddammit !!! Irish bubble mouth !!!!!

diamond said:
I hope Bono never finds out Im a 'wanker'
A PenisFace yes.
Wanker no:D

thank u-

-diamond-:sexywink:

:dance: :cool: :wave: :cool:

Damn, are you the one who sends out those e-mails with the subject, enlarge your penis with 3-4 inches ?

Re: This brings me to a very .. well. .. just a good ol thought

Lemonite said:
I mean, hell, I'm waiting for the time I can go out drinking with Zone Listener.. Hahah.. that'd be fun as hell.. but I guarantee you that here in this political forum we're going to be at each other's throats thumbing through our Thesaurus for the latest synonym of 'Pile of Shit'..

Hey - don't use my username in the same breath of "pile of shit" - :eek:

I promise you soon - we will be able to hang out and have a beverage. Got Irish tickets? I can jump on an early morning South Bend flight for free!

bonos just being a politician and kissing ass. its sickening but it is for a good cause.

almost everyone outside of the us is petrified of dubya, and with his latest remarks at the un, i dont think thats gonna help his cause at all.

dubya is a wanker and bono knows it.

Bear-
Bono loves you
I love you
Bono likes GW ok
and
a few selective Conservatives also:)

You must accept this for your life to b complete:sexywink:
That said, a few left leaners volunteered to me that they liked GW's speech at the UN while chatting w me on AIM.

-diamond-

Zoomerang96 said:
bonos just being a politician and kissing ass. its sickening but it is for a good cause.

almost everyone outside of the us is petrified of dubya, and with his latest remarks at the un, i dont think thats gonna help his cause at all.

dubya is a wanker and bono knows it.

I think its what you said, Zoom.

I also do think he is able to talk to people with a different political viewpoint, without hating them.

We all can learn from the "other side" from time to time. And if its only to learn what motivates them - - or us.

Danospano said:
Diamond, "Thinking OUTSIDE the box"? Supporting a lame, Texas dumbass IS truly thinking outside the box.

LMAO:lol: :lol:

Honestly bono cares about the issue not the politicians. If he has to make some alliances, he'll do that. what makes me laugh is the fact that everytime bono make a seemingly neutral comment that is yet to even be played out, about bush or any republican diamond gets an orgasm :lol:

Last edited:
arun-
plez b quiet. if u think bush is that inept common sense says he woulda still been upset w bono when he used to harrass his pappy durring zoo tv days..when u were in your prepuberty days;)
Bush isnt.
Hes ok w Bono and like it or not after watching several hours of CSPAN w Bono talking about Bush and this Administaration..get over Bono genenuinely likes a few Republicans..bush being one:)

Bono never liked Reagan-you r right there BUT he was a lot younger than too.

Word
Peace
Out

-diamond-

diamond said:
arun-
plez b quiet. if u think bush is that inept common sense says he woulda still been upset w bono when he used to harrass his pappy durring zoo tv days..when u were in your prepuberty days;)
Bush isnt.
Hes ok w Bono and like it or not after watching several hours of CSPAN w Bono talking about Bush and this Administaration..get over Bono genenuinely likes a few Republicans..bush being one:)

Bono never liked Reagan-you r right there BUT he was a lot younger than too.

Word
Peace
Out

-diamond-

I have no problem with Bush and Bono getting it on in a love fest I jsut think it's funny the way you react to it

Mr HipHop-
I still think u r ok even when u choose to call names.;)

thank u-

DB9:dance: :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom