Bono got a little carried away.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sallycinnamon78 said:

Dread, no disrespect to you or your opinions, but I think susanp6 gets the point.

No disrespect.....

But I do not think so.....

That's just rude and uncalled for. :eyebrow:She said she didn't mean to offend you or anybody else.

Any chance that we could get this thread back on topic at some point this century and play nice like good children??????

I was on topic....care to respond..........

Anthony said:
Ok, it seems to me that everyone's tone needs to be a bit more respectful. The thread's quite silly at the moment, and if everyone keeps lecturing/patronising/berating each other, I'm just going to close it down, which is boring.

Ant.

I vote for closing it....

The present logic of the thread:

If you are not happy with what Bono said....then

A) You are not a true fan.
B) You are not supportive of his causes.
C) You are close minded.

And now, after repeatedly having a certain member of this forum attack other members with veiled statements and misleading comments I am not allowed to say it stinks in here? And no my comments about the air qulaity were not directed at Susan in particular they stemmed from the continuous tone set by the member, who somehow almost always seems to get away with it.

this love is like a drop in the ocean" sounds like a possible misbelieving in god's abilities to carry us to eternal salvation

Or perhaps the love that we are currently experiencing or understanding is just a drop in the ocean.

There is so much more....

MadelynIris said:

Or perhaps the love that we are currently experiencing or understanding is just a drop in the ocean.

There is so much more....

knowing the extent to which Bono pulls lyrics out of his arse, do we really want to try and interpret something that could have so many meanings?
Who knows what he was thinking of when he made the lyric? It might not even have the same meaning now :shrug:

I really dont think Bono thinks he's the "little lord Jesus"
But it was kind of a dumb ass thing to say

Anthony said:
Ok, it seems to me that everyone's tone needs to be a bit more respectful. The thread's quite silly at the moment, and if everyone keeps lecturing/patronising/berating each other, I'm just going to close it down, which is boring.

Ant.

People seem to feel quite strongly about this subject.

It's illegal now to tell someone you feel they're coming across as being harsh towards someone else, in the midst of a discussion which is highly opinionated on all sides?:eyebrow: Really. :rolleyes:

Personally I think everything's been said in this ridiculous thread, so I'm bowing out. :wave:

Personally I think everything's been said in this ridiculous thread, so I'm bowing out.

Well, thats good, because highly opinionated or not, a modicum of respect never goes amiss. Strong feelings notwithstanding, being disrespectful is different to presenting your case strongly.

I for one can't believe that people stooped to such a level of disrespect over a topic that isn't particularly inflammatory. Really :rolleyes:

Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom