Bono gets respect he deserves on radio program.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chain

The Fly
For those of you who missed it. National Public Radio had a segment praising our boy for his work to Drop the Debt. They also treated Bush and Helms with courtesy for their contributions. Much different than Limbaugh?s trash last week.
Make sure your radio is properly set away from ignorant Bono bashers. (EIB)

Chain-
I wrote Rush a scathing email exposing his inaccuracies and ignorance.
I titled my piece- Blubberbutt-(not really) , rather-'Rush ,YOU are absolutely WRONG re. BONO a life-long Republican's point of view.'
Anyhow, I dont think he'll be making such statements in the future.

Sincerely
Diamond

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Chain-
I wrote Rush a scathing email exposing his inaccuracies and ignorance.
I titled my piece- Blubberbutt-(not really) , rather-'Rush ,YOU are absolutely WRONG re. BONO a life-long Republican's point of view.'
Anyhow, I dont think he'll be making such statements in the future.

Sincerely
Diamond

Mr. Diamond,

Three cheers for you,

Switch over to your local NPR station, your Republican tax dollars help to support. Mr. Hewson and our President get treated with common courtesy there.

The "Bono Factor"
When rock star Bono talks about foreign aid, politicians listen. Even Sen. Jesse Helms has met with the U2 lead singer -- about poverty in Africa. And President Bush shared the stage with Bono last week when he announced an increase in aid to developing countries. NPR's Kathleen Schalch reports.

The segment is available in real audio http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/cmnpd01fm.cfm?PrgDate=03/21/2002&PrgID=2
scroll down to Bono Factor

chain

My dad told me about this. He was really amused. Apparently he doesn't believe me when I tell him these things about Bono. He liked the interview.
smile.gif

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Chain-
I slip over to National Public Radio often for "balance".
I like gathering my information from lots of different sources.
I cannot over do it though, I dont wanna wake up one day hugging trees.

Diamond

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 03-21-2002).]

Emily,

Yeah , for your pop, he sounds o k to me.
Maybe, next time he will believe you.

Diamond,

Trees not sexy?

Have another brew.

just kidding

chain

For example, the rumor that 5 billion dollars over 3 years will do anything to alleviate Africa's suffering.

Although some rumors do have a basis in truth: for instance, that 5 billion is a cheap price to pay for votes from a constituency Bush wouldn't normally appeal to.

Back
Top Bottom