Bono and Bush ironically have similar struggles..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terrorism = bad = must be stopped.

Solving the Middle East problems in "a few months" = possibly the silliest thing I have ever heard.

What's so confusing about this?

anitram said:
Terrorism = bad = must be stopped.

Solving the Middle East problems in "a few months" = possibly the silliest thing I have ever heard.

What's so confusing about this?

I never implied nor suggested that the Middle East conflict would be or could be resolved in a few short months.
Some of you tried to spin my original statement that way.:)--

(see below)

"GW -
cannot get France, Germany and Russia on board to deal w/worldwide terrorism that has conragated to Iraq.
This is sad, where countries will not do nothing or choose to sit on the fence thereby giving fanactical lunatics a false sense of security while more innocents die..where the problem can be solved in a few short months."

I said or implied that IF allies of the USA united against fanactics in Iraq this would be a good start and a first step and suggested how it must be a struggle for President Bush.

What's so difficult in understanding that?:)

DB9:wink:

Last edited:
No, you clearly said that if they allied, the problem could be "solved in a few short months."

anitram said:
No, you clearly said that if they allied, the problem could be "solved in a few short months."
Yes the problem within the boundries of Iraq, yes correct.:)
:hmm: I searched this entire thread looking for where i said- 'GW has asked Germany France and Russia to go to Israel and take up arms against terrorists there..and you know what? I couldn't find it cuz I never made such a statment.:)

Solving the Mid East crisis is a whole other topic Im afraid.:|

Anyway thank you for your contributions to this thread
Anitram.:wink:

DB9

Last edited:
You're welcome, diamond. :wink:

And what I was talking about earlier holds - you can't solve Iraq in a few months either, even if the whole globe participated. But I found a really good quote, I think, that explains why, so enjoy:

I have a good friend in the east, a good singer and a good folk singer...who comes and listens to my shows and says you always sing about the past, you can?t live in the past. And I say to him, I can go outside and pick up a rock, that?s older than the oldest song you know and bring it back in here and drop it on your foot. The past didn?t go anywhere. It?s right here, right now.
- Utah Phillips

That is a good quote, But the problem is we are still throwing those rocks.. Never ever forget our history becasue it is why we are here today. There is much to be said for pride.. but much to be said for forgiveness trust. me.. I know all to well..
Ya can't hold people responsible for the mistakes of their ancestors .ask the Irish.. ask the Africans.

We have to stop passing down a legay of anger and start finding solutions

As for Bono .. hey diamond I agree with you on more celebrities should be helping out on this.. but they have to believ it to.. I think Bono wants people who are gonna be involved not just be.. But too don't worry I have a feelin Bono has something up his sleeve.. maybe something in the works...

I think too Bono is cautious on what he calls on his friends to do.. but when he does they listen and they support .. look at edge.. Beyonce.. so watch out for something to happen on that end.. hey may just be waiting to get the biggest exposure.. he is a smart man .. very smart and that compiled with his compassion. well...

Katey-
thank you for your kind words..:)

As for Bono and Bush I think they caan learn from eachother and carry eachother if need be..
world1.jpg
0,1020,171302,00.jpg
story.n.ireland.jpg

Nobody ever thought the 2 fellows in the last pic would ever get along as well...

DB9

Last edited:
Katey said:
That is a good quote, But the problem is we are still throwing those rocks.. Never ever forget our history becasue it is why we are here today. There is much to be said for pride.. but much to be said for forgiveness trust. me.. I know all to well..
Ya can't hold people responsible for the mistakes of their ancestors .ask the Irish.. ask the Africans.

We have to stop passing down a legay of anger and start finding solutions

Agreed. It's been proven that holding these grudges hasn't solved squat. Time to learn from the past and move on.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Agreed. It's been proven that holding these grudges hasn't solved squat. Time to learn from the past and move on.

Angela

Oh, I agree. That's what makes this stuff so damn frustrating. Lingering ethnic hatreds. Unfortunately government reforms and such can only do so much, and then the rest has to be in the people's hearts.

Katey got it right..:)

"Ya can't hold people responsible for the mistakes of their ancestors .ask the Irish.. ask the Africans.

We have to stop passing down a legay of anger and start finding solutions."

I think we as God's creation need to stop having 'rocks for brains' join hands and move forward.

DB9

Indeed it up to the people and what they hold in their hearts. Unfortunately sometimes fear stops us from doing what is right. I've known people involved involved in civil disagreement who just have thes heavy hearts filled with anger .. but they don't know why. From my own example still have family and friends who still today have the protesant catholic divide that dates back to their ancestors. When I ask them why they still continue this fight .. I get a lesson on history and I see how it is just carrying on legacy that is going no where. It can be hard when you have a family and a history that has held these issues for so long.. eventually someone has to say enough is enough I refuse to be consumed by the past this is just stupid.

I respect my ancestors but I also realize that they made some really bad choices

Moonlit_Angel said:

Absolutely.

But the fact remains, this will not change overnight and it is naive of us to assume that it will.

I find it interesting that France, Germany, and Russia won't give more money to fight AIDS in Africa. It seems like whatever the US is for, they must be against, even when it means making the world a better, safer place. :|

anitram said:
Absolutely.

But the fact remains, this will not change overnight and it is naive of us to assume that it will.

Very true. It takes a long time to get rid of anger and pain that have been dwelling in people since practically the beginning of time.

Case in point, look how long it took for racism to dwindle in its intensity in this country (and even so, there's still a few areas where it occurs to this day).

But I still have hope that things will be better someday.

Originally posted by verte76
Oh, I agree. That's what makes this stuff so damn frustrating. Lingering ethnic hatreds. Unfortunately government reforms and such can only do so much, and then the rest has to be in the people's hearts.

Yep, and I honestly think that most people in this world would love to do something to change this stuff, because most people in this world are good people...but it's like Katey said, fear and not knowing why they're fighting definitely plays a big part-that's absolutely right. Today's generations have heard so many different reasons as to why they're fighting the other side, and the problems have gotten so complex. And they're scared to make changes, because they'd be some very big ones that everyone would have to adjust to, and a lot of people have difficulties adjusting to big changes (look at how Europe reacted after the fall of the Wall, for example).

So, like you said, verte, it's in the people's hearts, but how can we motivate people to overcome that fear and lack of understanding?

I've had discussions with my dad about this stuff so many times, and my god, some of the things people have killed each other over...:tsk:...such petty, trivial things. How did our world get to the point where it was considered wrong to practice a different religion or be a different skin color or have a different sexual preference or what have you? Where did we go wrong?

Angela

wolfwill23 said:
I find it interesting that France, Germany, and Russia won't give more money to fight AIDS in Africa. It seems like whatever the US is for, they must be against, even when it means making the world a better, safer place. :|

Good point and very revealing.
:

DB9

Back
Top Bottom