Bombing in Istanbul!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I've just read on my ISP's news that 23 people have been killed in a bombing on two Jewish synagogues in Istanbul. Damn terrorists. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:|

headache is right...I think this is just a preview of what's to come over the holiday season.

I think you're right headache. :censored: The Turks pointed out that not only did this happen on the Jewish Sabbath it also happened during Ramadan. There will be more senseless attacks and violence. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Despite this atrocity, I still plan to go to Istanbul to see the art and culture of a great city. One of my art teachers has been there and she says I should go.

A local Unitarian Universalist minister and political activist has e-mailed every political activist--including yours truly--in town and asked that we have an action protesting the brutal attack on these synagogues. I'm certainly game to the idea. It's hard for me to think of a worse sin than bombing or destroying any house of worship, be it a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, etc, etc. The Ku Klux Klan carried out about 20 bombings of African American churches in Birmingham, culminating with the infamous Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963. The atrocities of Istanbul remind of us of our experience with the Ku Klux Klan atrocities. We are sending word of our protest to both the Turkish and Israeli embassies.

There's just been another bombing in Istanbul!! This one reportedly took place near the British Embassy, and fifteen people were killed. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I am going to change my avatar back to the Hagia Sophia museum in Istanbul when I get the chance. It's just symbolism but I want to protest these attacks.

this is so fucking stupid

unfortunately I think this kind of shit will go on until there are two people left in the world and even then they'll just be shooting each other

as Nick Lowe and later Elvis Costello once sang, 'what's so funny about peace, love and understanding?'

Someone who was in intensive care in a hospital in Istanbul after the November 20 bombing died yesterday (Wednesday), pushing the death toll to 30. Four other victims are still in intensive care units. I hope they recover. :sad: :( :sad:

Back
Top Bottom