"Bomb Mecca"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would certainly be a disincentive from killing their way to the next life. It definitely should be covered by free speech. It won't happen.

Axver said:

I've only seen him on Australian TV once. Heard plenty from the American media online though. I can't believe this guy is a federal politician.

I was going to say that he'd get laughed out of the country if he ran in Australia, but then I remembered that this is the country that elected Pauline Hanson to a seat in federal parliament. :|

Yes....that was/is frightening......Hitler in a skirt!

fly so high! said:

Yes....that was/is frightening......Hitler in a skirt!

I take comfort from the fact she would never get elected in Melbourne.

Damn Ipswich bogans! :mad:

I love that 6 years down the track polititions are trotting out the 'WHEN WE GET ATTACKED AGAIN! OMGZZZ ITS IMMINIANT!!!'

wow lets keeep all the dumb hicks scared clutching their rifles and pointing them at every turban person who puts his bag on the ground for more then 5 seconds.

I hate this seemingly love of keeping everyone terrified, its so egocentric, like WOAH america is still a vitcim. Its like, sorry you gave up being victims a loooooooooooooooooong time ago. You're the terrorists now! How many innocent people out there are scared shitless by the next thing the us admin will pull out of its arse and do. IE just what this tool said they'd do :tsk:

I saw him on one of the Republican debates, he scared me. I don't think anyone takes him seriously, other than like minded citizens wherever they may exist-in some pockets somewhere I suppose. To take what this guy says and extrapolate to it somehow representing some widely held views of Americans is really stretching it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw him on one of the Republican debates, he scared me. I don't think anyone takes him seriously, other than like minded citizens wherever they may exist-in some pockets somewhere I suppose.

Let's not forget this guy is actually a US Congressman so he's been repeatedly ELECTED. I can only imagine in horror what his district is like.

The nutcases need to be represented too.:wink: Seriously, he's more than a little frightening. Just keep him on the fringe.

dazzlingamy said:
I love that 6 years down the track polititions are trotting out the 'WHEN WE GET ATTACKED AGAIN! OMGZZZ ITS IMMINIANT!!!'

wow lets keeep all the dumb hicks scared clutching their rifles and pointing them at every turban person who puts his bag on the ground for more then 5 seconds.

Expect it to reach a higher level the closer we get to the election.

That's what happened last time, and Americans bought it.

I'm not so sure how far on the fringe this clown really is. He was elected to office by his GOP constituents. And how much different is a politician who says we should bomb Mecca from the one who invaded Babylon and plunged Baghdad into utter chaos and despair. Who was re-elected by the GOP so he could have 4 more years to finish his war. :huh:

And Halliburton has profited nicely from all this, haven't they Mr. Vice President.

A_Wanderer said:
It would certainly be a disincentive from killing their way to the next life.

Hmmm....that sounds rather like the kinds of arguments Islamicist terrorists used in justifying the 911 attacks (i.e., 'America is being punished for what it might do in the future').

Interesting to note what neo-cons and the Islamofacists have in common - their willingness to consider pre-emptive strikes.

But I thought that it was for crimes commited in the past, and the crimes being commited in the present; I have yet to see the Bin Laden tape calling it against crimes commited in the future.

The concept of punishment for a suicide terrorist becomes one of collective punishment since they are not around to suffer the concequences, it is a good reason not to pursue it.

I just think its the height or utter 'he cannot connect the dots' type thought. A few bad seeds come up with a plan to do something to america (yet let me stress....NOTHING has happened in 6 years, and NOTHING will probably happen in the next 6) so lets turn around and blow up something that oh a billion people worship just to show these few bad seeds a lesson not to mess with the U S A!!!! oooooooogAAAAAAAAAH!

And this man is elected? Faaaaaaaaark me!

dazzlingamy said:
(yet let me stress....NOTHING has happened in 6 years, and NOTHING will probably happen in the next 6)

and those of us who live in cities that are under legitimate threat -- NYC, DC, London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, LA -- don't share your optimism.

i agree with you disagreement of many of the tactics of the current administration, and i agree with your assessment of this administration's need to swing their dicks in the breeze, but i don't agree that there isn't a legitimate threat from islamist terrorism, a threat that has been exacerbated by this administration's incompetence.

and Americans -- especially those in said urban areas -- felt very deeply for the Londoners and Madridians and the Aussies killed in each respective attack.

everyone agrees that this particular Congressman is an idiot. but let's not use that as proof that everyone who thinks that, yes, the world is a dangerous place is likewise an idiot.

Last edited:
and every time i step on the Metro, i hear a kindly voice telling me that, if i see an unattended item, i should alert someone.

honestly folks, the threat is real. trumped up, politically manipulated, used by bad people to further their power. all that is true.

and so is this:

no_30_bus.bmp

Irvine511 said:
and every time i step on the Metro, i hear a kindly voice telling me that, if i see an unattended item, i should alert someone.

I heard those same warnings in London in 1977. It shames me that my country has conducted itself in such a way to be in the same situation.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to examine the causes of this behavior as well as the symptoms?

And for the record, Steve was in London that day. When the airline agent assured me he'd made his flight for Prague, he was mildly surprised when I broke down.

i'm a little bit more leery than you to put the blame for the possibility of a bombing of public transportation squarely on the shoulders of the US. while the occupation of Iraq has clearly made us less safe, there are people who want me dead regardless of the international actions of the US. however, i do agree with addressing the causes of said behavior, though we need to guard against the symptoms.

i do think it will happen again, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom