Bomb factory found in Baghdad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
It seems that finally some progress has been made to combat the attacks in Iraq! :up:

From the BBC website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3862435.stm

Troops raid Iraq 'bomb factory'

US troops in Iraq say they have uncovered a bomb-making factory in the south of the capital, Baghdad.

[. . .]

"First Cavalry Division Soldiers recently uncovered a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) production site as well as a large weapons cache in southern Baghdad," the US military said in its statement.

"Soldiers from the 1st Battalion 8th Cavalry Regiment discovered four potential VBIED vehicles in various stages of completion and three safes containing more than 12m Iraqi dinars ($8,750) and various documents and ledgers."

Also found during the raid were:

* Five AK-47 rifles

* approximately 500 rounds of ammunition

* timers

* computer boards, wires

* a sight for a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.

"Three individuals were taken in for questioning," the statement said.

On another raid, US soldiers found "partially assembled improvised explosive devices, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, eight RPG [rocket propelled grenade] rounds, approximately 50 pounds of C-4 explosives, TNT, five blasting caps, one detonator and other various munitions".

"The soldiers detained 30 individuals found at the site," the statement said.

Eighteen more people were detained in raids on eight other locations.

They are suspected of involvement in bomb attacks that have killed two soldiers in the area.

"The soldiers believe they have captured the financier, the explosive device manufacturer, the spotter, and the triggerman," the statement said.

I think that especially those arrests in the last paragraph are of great significance. I mean, without the financer and the manufacturer there's not much left. Hopefully...

C ya!

Marty

I hope this screws those damn terrorists big time. Unfortunately, I think there are probably bomb factories all over Iraq. Unfortunately it's not very hard to make explosives. I just read on my ISP's news that al-Sadr isn't going to knock his lethal shenanigans off. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

While it might be true that there's much more all over Iraq, I do think it is a significant blow. I mean, the site had four car bombs, rocket launchers, various other explosives, etc. That's a lot of potential damage that has been prevented.

C ya!

Marty (currently listening to (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding :|)

Popmartijn said:
While it might be true that there's much more all over Iraq, I do think it is a significant blow. I mean, the site had four car bombs, rocket launchers, various other explosives, etc. That's a lot of potential damage that has been prevented.

C ya!

Marty (currently listening to (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding :|)

Oh, sure. This is great. You have good taste in music, too, that's one of my all-time favorite songs.

Back
Top Bottom