Bobby Kennedy...40 years later. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
just got done watching Bobby again and it's just a big hole where he should of been. What truly tragic loss to the world. Can u imagine what our country would of been like had he lived... It's beyond thinking and words for me.
Amen.... U2F4

HHmmmm.....I forgot was this a theater movie, or made for TV? It wasn't too long ago,? A few years? I think my sis & I saw it, but not sure.

Down through the years I've imagined that parallel America. RFK was far from perfect. In "my" parallel America, i wonder what he would of thought of the feminist movement (I am proud to be a feminist). Would he have been able to understand? He might, perhaps, after a drubbing here & there, and fierce fencing with the best wordsmiths and speakers in the feminist movement.
Still in "my" paprllel America, things would have been "rearranged" from how it has so far ended up here.

I believe from snippets of stories told by people who knew him, he begain to gain some more concrete understanding of how African-Americans were treated in the USA before JFK died. It was the tradgedy of his brother's death that really increased his empathy level to really open his eyes to the various kinds of circumstances of different groups of people suffering in this country, and around the world.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 12:12 PM
My favorite Kennedy. Its not too late to seek a newer world.

bobby kennedy