Bob Dole should be ashamed of Bob Dole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STING2 said:

Guess who's father was accused of "war crimes" and "date Rape"? George Bush Sr. in 1992. Accusations by liberal groups accused the former president of strafing civilians in World War II and raping a date.

Interesting side note, Ted Sampley, founder of Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry, has smeared John McCain's record in Vietnam and George HW Bush's service in World War II.

I agree, I hate mud-slinging too, I don't care who does it. Let's face it, politics is pretty dirty stuff. None of these people are exactly role models.

It's not just politics where all this crap goes on....any system where power is involved. Business, hollywood, you name it. There's always dirt going around, it just seems more concentrated and blatant in politics.

I also like the tone of the first letter, with a person asking if John Edwards (only a first term Senator) will be able to replace him should Kerry not be able to be president anymore. Kerry was sworn in on 6 January 1999, which almost 6 years this November. Bush became governor of Texas (his first ever political job) in November 1994. In November 2000 he was elected president. This is also a time-span of 6 years.
You know what could happen when somebody with 6 years of political experience gets to be president. If you don't think that is enough experience because Bush fucked up these four years, choose Kerry because he has more experience. If you think that is enough experience, you don't have to hold it against Edwards and you know your vote is safe with Kerry. Should Edwards need to take over, then you know he has enough experience for it. :D

C ya!

Marty

If you ask me, Dick Cheney's heart problems are a heck of alot more dangerous than Kerry's cancer is. Kerry has a 95% chance for a full recovery from his cancer. Dick Cheney, by contrast, has had several heart attacks and is at considerable risk for more. The thing that makes heart attacks, or to use the more technical term, myocardial infarction, dangerous is that some of your heart muscle is dead due to a lack of oxygen reaching the cells. If you lose too many of these cells, you're toast. It's the same exact thing with a stroke, except that's the brain.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2105781/

For Shame
A leaked video reveals what Bob Dole really thinks about Bush's tactics.
By Chris Suellentrop
Posted Friday, Aug. 27, 2004, at 4:26 PM PT
Democrats now have an unlikely ally in their quest to prove that Bush has a history of these kinds of dirty tricks: Bob Dole. No one has done more to lend establishment respectability to the falsehoods being peddled against Kerry than Dole. The former Senate majority leader and 1996 presidential nominee of the Republican Party made several demonstrably false statements about John Kerry's war record this past Sunday on CNN's Late Edition before saying that "not every one of these people can be Republican liars. There's got to be some truth to the charges."

But Dole also made another statement that day, one that hasn't been aired until now. Of McCain's charge to President Bush during a 2000 debate?"You should be ashamed"?Dole told Wolf Blitzer, "He was right." Dole made the remark off-air, while CNN broadcast the Kerry ad called "Old Tricks," the one featuring McCain's 2000 debate remarks. The campaign stopped airing it recently at McCain's request.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom