...blood...boiling.....angry......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Marko:
Melon: As I said, I don't understand THOSE homosexuals that act in that way, and I think that THEY ARE twisted. But I appritiate all other "normal" gay people that difer from me or you only by their attraction to same sex. I didn't say that I think all gays are twisted - i used the word THOSE more times, so I think it came to missunderstanding.

Well, okay. I'm glad that misunderstanding is taken care of.

However, I still don't think that the "effeminate" gays or the "butch" lesbians are "twisted" either. Who defines what is "masculine" or "feminine"? 250 years ago, men tied to the monarchy walked around in makeup, wigs, tights, etc. in imperial France. Even our founding fathers walked around in very girly looking wigs, but both the American Revolution and the French Revolution did a good job of destroying these cultural aspects of "masculinity," which, rather than being defined by monarchies, it was then defined by the working classes, which simply couldn't afford to live so lavishly.

So, simply, I think they should be accepted as-is. I don't quite understand why some people are the way they are, but they are perfectly capable of functioning in society and are happy. What else can one ask for?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom