Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thoughts are with you people in London and the UK.
It doesn;t look good at all... :(

Fuck those bastards who did this!!

Take care..We have to carry eachother ONE

I am also sure that this will make London much stronger and that they will host the best Olympic games in 2012...

Unfortunately, what we have to admit, based on what happened in NYC, DC, Madrid and, now, London, is that no place is safe and that these bastards have access to wherever they want.

I don't know if I should mention this but I just heard talk on ITN of decapitated bodies being recovered from the Edgeware Road tube station :( :sad:

U2@NYC said:
I am also sure that this will make London much stronger and that they will host the best Olympic games in 2012...

Unfortunately, what we have to admit, based on what happened in NYC, DC, Madrid and, now, London, is that no place is safe and that these bastards have access to wherever they want.

Yes, that's the danger of an open and free society. But we can't give that up, that's our way of life, that people are allowed to move around freely. If we do the terrorists win. That's my humble opinion.

That is true and that is the price of freedom ~ it can be used to attack those very societies, preserving those freedoms while defending ones country from such a threat is the only real course of action.

enajh2 said:
I don't know if I should mention this but I just heard talk on ITN of decapitated bodies being recovered from the Edgeware Road tube station :( :sad:

I am so angry and sad....
The scary thing is. There was a speech from Bin laden I think once where spain, Uk AND The Netherlands were mentoined...
So we are next? The world can be a lovely place but a horrible place at the same time...

It's pretty obvious that suicide bombers detonated their devices when other trains passed right by. There is but a couple of feet between the trains at most so the damage would be significant. Not withstanding that the trains were derailed at great speed!

enajh2 said:

Oh God.
The tear baracades have just come down.
This situation is just getting all the more horrific.

Last edited:
When I heard about this, I immediately thought of everyone in the UK who posts on here. I'm glad ya'll are ok. I am really sickened to hear about this. It makes me incredibly sad. When will it be enough for these jerks? What is the point of it all?

:sad:

enajh2 said:

:( Oh goodness. That's horrific.

From the UK here,however not from London,my prayers go out to you all where ever you are on this tragic day

Please, do not post tallies of deaths until they have been confirmed... last thing we need is to have another Fox News Channel here in Interference.

Thanks.

I found out about this when I read Pax's latest journal entry. I am relieved that many of our English Interlanders have checked in with us and are safe. I'm glad you changed your appointment, Sallycinnamon :hug:.

There are no words for how damn disgusting and horrific this is. Yesterday the people of London were so happy about getting the Olympics, and now, this! And falling during the G8 summit, when the leaders are talking about trying to make a better world....

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm so sorry to see this happening to our friends in the UK and I will pray that it's not as bad as we might think.:hug:

I had a thought while watching the news. They were monitoring the various radical islamic websites and talking about the cheering that they were doing. I was almost thinking or wondering if it is best the media doesn't cover it like they do. It seems to be part of their motivation to have westerners glued to their t.v's in horror.

U2@NYC said:
Please, do not post tallies of deaths until they have been confirmed... last thing we need is to have another Fox News Channel here in Interference.

Thanks.

I agree with you completely, if the information offered is inaccurate. What I was saying was a fact, as opposed to guesswork (to a limited point, obviously, not being there myself).

One of my relatives is central in the investigation, and has been throughout. That's hardly Fox News style, as it is official. I probably shouldn't have said that at all, but as noone knows who I am anyway, I don't think I'm getting him in trouble. I'll shut up now anyway just in case!!
:|

Sorry if that sounded snappy - it wasn't intentional. I haven't slept in 2 days and I think all our nerves are shot to hell right now.

Back
Top Bottom