Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry - i've just realised how inconsistent that response was with what you posted.
I'm watching the news at the moment - they were reporting that the bombers died in the blast. I was thinking of that when I was typing.

Axver said:
I don't understand the mentality of these cold-hearted pricks and I don't think I ever want to.

it's not cold-heart. IMO it's ignorance --one of the worst thinh in the world.

the people who carried the attacks were all very young (19-22 years old) and all British...

it's absurd... the went against the very people they meet everyday...

the thing that shocks me is that 4 young boys can decide to die and to kill with NO REASON AT ALL.

I don't think terrorism can have an explanation on any justification. But I feel so scared because I can't understand what these people want. I mean, the ETA, or the IRA, they used to place bombs because they want their independence. What is Al-Qaeda asking, apart from blood, tears and pain???

lady luck said:

I don't think terrorism can have an explanation on any justification. But I feel so scared because I can't understand what these people want. I mean, the ETA, or the IRA, they used to place bombs because they want their independence. What is Al-Qaeda asking, apart from blood, tears and pain???

To kill the infidel and create a soley fundamentalist Muslim world. That's what's particularly scary about them to me. While the unhappiness the broader Muslim world feels with America and allies might be appeased by political solutions like pulling out of Iraq or ending our support of Israel, it wouldn't matter to the core of Al Queda. Their aims are more religious than political. That's why in Iraq they're not only targetting US and Iraqi troops, but also any barber that will shave a man's face! While many terrorist groups realize they need the support and sympathy of the public, these guys aim to kill as many civilians as possible. Of course you're just as dead, no matter which type of terrorist killed you, but these kinds scare me cos I can't see any possible solution to the problem. Other than doing the best we can to prevent situations that lead to kids getting involved in this type of stuff.

Today a suicide bomber blew up 20 kids in Iraq. Now what the hell is that going to accomplish?

VertigoGal said:

That's what's particularly scary about them to me. While the unhappiness the broader Muslim world feels with America and allies might be appeased by political solutions like pulling out of Iraq or ending our support of Israel, it wouldn't matter to the core of Al Queda[...]

While many terrorist groups realize they need the support and sympathy of the public, these guys aim to kill as many civilians as possible.

Now there's something we definitely agree on! Well said, VGirl.

Ok, here's the latest from the BBC on these 'Middle Eastern' terrorists:

Police sources have indicated the fourth bomber was almost certainly Jamaican-born Lindsey Germaine, who lived in Buckinghamshire.

He is understood to have lived in the house in Aylesbury which was raided by forensic experts on Wednesday night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom