Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
enajh2 said:
The police have just released this picture to the media...

London_blasts3.jpg

I am speechless.

German newspaper Der Spiegel says an organisation called Al Qaida Europe has claimed responsability for the attacks.
This is so sick.

From the Guardian:

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air ... It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air, I think it was the number 205. There must be a lot of people dead as all the buses were packed, they had been turning people away from the tube stops. We were about 20 metres away, that was all."
Belinda Seabrook, who was on a bus travelling from Euston to Russell Square, London
"The explosion seemed to be at the back of the bus. The roof flew off and went up about 10 metres. It then floated back down. I shouted at the passengers to get off the bus. They went into Tavistock Park nearby. There were obviously people badly injured. A parking attendant said he thought a piece of human flesh had landed on his arm."
Raj Mattoo, 35, who was standing on a street corner near Tavistock Square

"I was walking along. There was a whole crowd of people around the bus. The next thing I knew I was on the floor. There was shedloads of glass raining down. Someone fell on me and someone fell on him. For a moment I thought I was going to be trampled. I picked myself up and everyone was running. There was glass everywhere. We ran into a building and a security guard was saying 'get in, get in'. Then the security guard said 'get out' which was a bit scary." (When asked about the possibility of a terrorist attack): "I saw the bus ripped out at the back ... it couldn't have been anything else."
Unnamed eyewitness in Tavistock Place area

"People were running this way panicked. They knew it was a bomb. Debris flying all over, mostly glass."
Jay Kumar, owner of a news agent near the site of the bus blast in Russell Square

"I have been in the military and I've never heard anything like it before. But the whole incident was screened by trees in front of the hotel which maybe protected us from any blast."
Chris Gladysz, hotel worker, Tavistock hotel

"There was a big blast followed by the sound of people screaming. I rushed to the window and it was just unbelievable. From what I saw the top half of the bus had been blown off. And people were wandering around in a daze."
Unnamed woman, Tavistock Square

"I was coming out of a café and turned round and saw a massive explosion from the middle of the road. I was certain it was the bus. My first instinct was to run."
Eyewitness Richard Routledge, on Great Woburn Street

"I got off the train, walked off about five paces. There was a huge, I mean a huge, explosion which appeared to come from the back end of the train or the tunnel. Everybody just froze - what the hell's going on? Then everybody walked out of the station quite calmly ... There was no pushing. I went upstairs and got out. It was then you think how lucky you are."
Michael Searle, had just got off a Circle Line train from Victoria to Liverpool Street

"Everything was normal. Suddenly there was a massive bang, the train jolted. There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying."
BBC worker, Jacqui Head, who was on a Piccadilly Line train at King's Cross

Sources: Guardian Unlimited, Press Association,

anne_j said:
German newspaper Der Spiegel says an organisation called Al Qaida Europe has claimed responsability for the attacks.
This is so sick.

They should keep their middle eastern politics where they belong.
In the middle east.
They cannot expect western civilians to understand or tolerate their so-called 'frustrations'.
Especially after something like this :angry:

WildHoney, I am glad your family are accounted for too :hug:

They have now changed it, they say the organisation doesn't claim responsability but that they support the attacks.
Doesn't make one bit of difference in my mind.

anne_j said:
They have now changed it, they say the organisation doesn't claim responsability but that they support the attacks.
Doesn't make one bit of difference in my mind.

Anyone who supports these attacks is in the same category of worthless, lowlife scum as those who actually did it.

There's no room on this planet for such detestable wankers.

WildHoney said:
I am so glad all my family are accounted for:hug:

Mobile networks are completely down but they've eventually got messages through. I'm so glad my hubby isn't working today as he'd be in the middle of 3 blasts.

One of the BBC's correspondents suggested that the government may have shutdown the networks to prevent further devices being detonated by remote! :|

Proceedings in the Commons is now suspended but Charles Clark, Home secretary will make a statement from the Commons shortly..should be on News 24

I used to work opposite Aldgate station. I'm so glad i moved out of London. Although i won't let these ba:censored:ards stop me going there.

I can't believe that people would be so cold and unhuman when world leaders are discussing the prospect of taking a big step to ending World Poverty. All in the name of their "God".

Not to take away from London, but it is really cool that I can get info from all over the world and all these different perspectives. Great site this is.

-----------------------------------------------

I heard something called the "ring of steel" on the news? I'll have to find out more about that later

,............ :|

I just woke up and heard this... unbelievable. I am tired, truly saturated, of all these terrorist attacks...

I hope that everyone is safe and well.

Police superintendent has just said that Kings Cross is now fully evacuated :up:

Crime scene investigators are now at work to preserve and record evidence

Charles Clark is speaking now

WildHoney said:
I used to work opposite Aldgate station. I'm so glad i moved out of London. Although i won't let these ba:censored:ards stop me going there.

I can't believe that people would be so cold and unhuman when world leaders are discussing the prospect of taking a big step to ending World Poverty. All in the name of their "God".

What they do doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the word 'God', even if it is in commas.
They're just using a scapegoat to justify their desire to destroy life and intimidate people.

It is scum like this who are the reason why my Muslim friends can't walk down the street without having abuse thrown at them.

For Honor, I completely agree :up:

Last edited:
WildHoney said:

I totally agree.
One could criticize many things about the G8 and the leaders. But this time they are actually on a path to do someting very very good, both about poverty and the climate. To try to stop that is just... I don't know what to say.
Innocent people. What have they done? Huh?

I don't understand the mentality of these cold-hearted pricks and I don't think I ever want to.

beau2ifulday :hug:

I just want to say how glad I am to see you here!! I'm at the hub waiting to see my friends' names pop up.

All my prayers and energies go out to you and your country.

One of our guys from the states, from New Jersey is giving us a recap,,,,,,,,, interesting. He was there in person, and it sonds like he was part of a medical team.
ABC10news

From what it sounds like, London did well. They were prepared and organized. ANd it looks like they are still doing well.

You know what I am always worried about?
Like, what if the terrorists let of another bomb right now?
The'yd get a lot of people...

I' holding my breath until Blair gets back to the G8 conference, or [erhaps, until it is over.............

hmm........ :|

Last edited:
If they had bombed yesterday, they would have killed a lot more people. No offense meant...With the G8 summit and Olympic thing
These sick bastards are definantly trying to say something...

Back
Top Bottom