Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #331
Refugee

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
more uniquely British resolve:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London.

We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us. Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.
All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more.

How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city."

http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php
well said.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Some idiotic lefty Argentine picketeer is saying that he is not regretting the London bombing because they took our Falklands...

Talk about people with no brain.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:14 PM
*Shakes head*

I don't understand. Just a few days ago, London was filled with people helping out with a good cause, lots of celebration, hope, happiness.

And now a few assholes go and do this.

What the hell?

Good god...my condolances to anyone out there who have lost loved ones . And my condolances to the city of London in general. Nobody deserves this crap. Nobody. May those who were involved in these attacks get the punishments they deserve.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:14 AM
My thoughts are with those survivors, their families and especially the men and women in the emergency response services and hospitals who are saving lives.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #335
Babyface

"where there was, we'd tear them down, and use them on our enemies..."

i'l take this opportunity to pray for our common enemies, that they may come to see the error of their ways, that God will deal with them swiftly and justly, and that we do not forget our ability to forgive even in the face of "terror".
Old 07-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #336
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

thoughts and prayers to all of you in the UK.

take care of each other. stay safe.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #337
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC
Some idiotic lefty Argentine picketeer is saying that he is not regretting the London bombing because they took our Falklands...

Talk about people with no brain.
It's pathetic how some people can't get over petty, old squabbles for just a second.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
It's pathetic how some people can't get over petty, old squabbles for just a second.
No kidding. It's situations like that that can lead to a lot of this crap, hello, people ("people" referring to the general population of the world)!

Our focus right now should be on finding and punishing those responsible for this event, as well as helping people who have been affected.

Angela
Old 07-07-2005, 02:03 PM   #339
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Same comments came from the same kind of people on September 11th, arguing against U.S.'s oppression on Argentina...

Shallow people...
Old 07-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #340
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
more uniquely British resolve:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London.

We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us. Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.
All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more.

How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city."

http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php
Old 07-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

I'll second that. Well said, to the person who wrote that .

Angela
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 PM   #342
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Fair enuf. There's some xenophobia at play. Terror attacks by "Islamists" against the western world have only been going on for 20 years or so, as opposed to the century-long crap in Northern Ireland.
yeah, but the IRA etc stayed pretty well in Ireland & Britain. the thought of them attacking NYC is almost laughable. whereas these Islamic fundamentalists are willing to attack anyone, anywhere, by any means including suicide.

I think it's pretty safe to say that right now Islamist terrorists are more of a threat to the free world than the IRA...

I don't see anything wrong with searching Middle Eastern people before they get on airplanes.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

At the same time, though, doing that will tick off Middle Eastern people. It's a lose-lose situation.

On another note, I always find it weird when I see headlines talking about how leaders condemn these kinds of actions. Well...yeah...? I would hope that most people would frown upon this kind of thing...

Angela
Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #344
Blue Crack Supplier

while this might be looking at a very, very dim brightside, The Economist had this to say:

What the attacks also show, however, is that well co-ordinated though the four explosions were, they were not terribly effective. Chance plays a big role in such attacks. The bombs in Madrid last year which killed 191 people might have killed many more had the station roof collapsed. The September 11th hijackings might have killed fewer than the eventual 2,752 had the twin towers of the World Trade Centre not melted down and collapsed. As The Economist went to press, the toll in the four London bombs was not clear, but the estimate of at least 33 deaths was thankfully far smaller than in Madrid. By the terrible calculus of terrorism, the attacks should thus be counted as a failure - sign of weakness, not strength.

and it wasn't a Dirty Bomb.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #345
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
At the same time, though, doing that will tick off Middle Eastern people. It's a lose-lose situation.

I highly doubt a peaceful Middle Eastern person would be driven to mass murder because they got held up a few minutes too long in an airport...

Irvine, I have to admit, I was sort of relieved to hear the death toll was "only" 40 (or around there). That's an terrible thing to say, but there you go...