Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #316
Refugee

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

When was the last time we heard about a white person crashing a plane into a building? When was the last time a white person blew up a bus? or beheaded someone on tv?

If I get on a plane, I'm gonna be suspicious of people in full muslim garb. I can rationalize with myself all I want but I will still be suspicious. If something happened on the plane and the men did not get searched, their would be an outcry as to why something was not done.

It sucks that this is happening to innocent people but I'd rather be safe.
thats a very sad thought then indeed. i've worn a "muslim garb" many times, as well as virtually every muslim i know. the 9/11 terrorists were dressed up in shirts and ties. and the IRA didn't wear muslim garbs.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:28 AM   #317
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
General rule of thumb when trying to kill a lot of people is too blend in.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
General rule of thumb when trying to kill a lot of people is too blend in.
Yeah, it's rather unlikely that terrorists would dress in a manner that sets them apart. But still, it makes logistical sense to "randomly" search young-to-middle-aged Middle Eastern males at a higher rate than others. You can't search everybody.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #319
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Well, in terms of Northern Irish terrorists, it is interesting to me that Loyalist groups were rarely referred to as 'Christian Terrorists', even though many claimed to be Biblical Christians and there were even a number of preachers involved in the Loyalist terrorist movement.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #320
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
But racial and religious profiling is wrong, just think about the internment camps for Americans of Japanese decent during the second world war.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #321
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Quote:
But racial and religious profiling is wrong, just think about the internment camps for Americans of Japanese decent during the second world war.
Interestingly Edgar Hoover seemingly opposed that. But we digress!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy
Well, in terms of Northern Irish terrorists, it is interesting to me that Loyalist groups were rarely referred to as 'Christian Terrorists', even though many claimed to be Biblical Christians and there were even a number of preachers involved in the Loyalist terrorist movement.
Fair enuf. There's some xenophobia at play. Terror attacks by "Islamists" against the western world have only been going on for 20 years or so, as opposed to the century-long crap in Northern Ireland.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #323
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Yeah, it's rather unlikely that terrorists would dress in a manner that sets them apart. But still, it makes logistical sense to "randomly" search young-to-middle-aged Middle Eastern males at a higher rate than others. You can't search everybody.
you just contradicted yourself

and yes, racial profiling is uncool and it will eventually degenerate into a Rwanda
Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000

you just contradicted yourself
Bzzzt. Try again.

One can change one's clothes, but it's really hard to change one's face.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I don't like racial profiling any more than you do, but there's a difference between searching someone at the airport and dragging them into an internment camp.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #326
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy
the fact is that people are afraid of what they don't know. the media is western controlled, and they are all christians themselves, so they wouldn't brand it as christian terrorism because it would be degrading to themselves. but when it comes to a religion they don't know they will happily brand it as that.

today the egyptian convoy to iraq was killed-- even muslims are getting killed by these people

and london has a lot of muslims in it, i'm pretty sure even innocent muslims were injured and/or killed in those bombings

Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #327
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Bzzzt. Try again.

One can change one's clothes, but it's really hard to change one's face.
Rwanda
Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Rwanda
Ok, this is getting really off track. bcrt2000, please pm me and we can discuss further.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #329
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

the fact is that people are afraid of what they don't know. the media is western controlled, and they are all christians themselves, so they wouldn't brand it as christian terrorism because it would be degrading to themselves. but when it comes to a religion they don't know they will happily brand it as that.

i think a difference is that while an IRA individual might set off a bomb in the name of a united Ireland (for lack of a better word), what we understand as an Islamist terrorist sets off a bomb in the name of God, or perhaps in the name of Muslims. the distinction of one being a Muslim/Islamist terrorist is a distinction made by the perpetrators of these acts themselves, not necessarily the media.

however, i do think it's fair to note that after Oklahoma City, we didn't bomb militia training camps in, say, Michigan or Wyoming or Montana.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #330
Blue Crack Supplier

more uniquely British resolve:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London.

We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us. Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.
All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more.

How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city."

http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php