Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
VertigoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: I'm never alone (I'm alone all the time)
Posts: 9,860
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Minority Islamists, Minority Progressives, Majority of Apathy.
sadly, I guess you're right
__________________

__________________
VertigoGal is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #302
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 06:16 PM
I just think its funny that we have hundreds of thousands of 'white christian' or 'white jewish' or 'white anything' serial killers, bombers (like oklahoma etc), rapists, terorists, pshcyo army people who have killed a ZILLON times more people then any muslim yet they are now feared more then any one else.

its sad, disgusting and basically pathetic. Being muslim or looking middle eastern would be hell right now, and i feel for them, especially as like 99.9999 percent of them have nothing to do with these militia groups (such as we dont have anything to do with white supremist groups) yet seem to be all clumped in together.

__________________

__________________
dazzlingamy is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #303
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Who is clumping? I see no clumping!
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #304
Refugee
 
bcrt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,271
Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Minority Islamists, Minority Progressives, Majority of Apathy.
if you are saying that the majority of muslims don't care if london gets bombed, you are wrong. thats inhuman to even think that-- 1.2 Billion Muslims exist, thats 1 in every 5 people on the planet, you can't brand them as not caring. The only thing about previous terror attacks is that some Muslims were in denial that a Muslim could perpetrate an attack but I have NEVER heard any Muslims that I know who are apathetic towards victims in crimes like this.

please stop the negative bullshit and lets build bridges, not push people farther apart

and no-- i'm not a progressive muslim, i'm a traditionalist, so.. you should restate that as

Minority extremists, minority progressives, majority traditionalists

islamist doesn't equal extremist!

__________________
bcrt2000 is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #305
New Yorker
 
U2FloridaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,842
Local Time: 02:16 AM

My prayers go out to all Londoners and to any Interferencers who may have been in harm's way today. We're like a family here and I just hope that none of us was injured or worse. I am so saddened by what happened today, but London is a great city and I'm sure Londoners will rise to the occasion and be strong. Such a shame that the G8 is going on and the leaders are talking about what they can do to help people less fortunate and poverty stricken and here these cowards are killing civilians. It just doesn't make sense.
__________________
U2FloridaFan is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,572
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
I just think its funny that we have hundreds of thousands of 'white christian' or 'white jewish' or 'white anything' serial killers, bombers (like oklahoma etc), rapists, terorists, pshcyo army people who have killed a ZILLON times more people then any muslim yet they are now feared more then any one else.

its sad, disgusting and basically pathetic. Being muslim or looking middle eastern would be hell right now, and i feel for them, especially as like 99.9999 percent of them have nothing to do with these militia groups (such as we dont have anything to do with white supremist groups) yet seem to be all clumped in together.

Yes, people have committed murders in the name of religion in the recent past in places like Waco, Northern Ireland, etc. But over the last few years, al-Qaeda and other "Islamist" terrorist groups have pretty much declared war on the entire civilized world. That's why so much attention is being brought on these attacks.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #307
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Apathetic in terms of ideology, not sympathy. Any society has it's middle ground majority. Surely around the world the vast majority of people who are going about practicing their religion in a traditional manner and living their lives peacefully without ideological concerns one way or another count. 1.2 Billion people living their lives out, working for a living, worrying about survival and too often without massive ammounts of education. Regular people.

Quote:
islamist doesn't equal extremist! (the word islamist implies that there is something in our religion and those who are following it correctly are the ones who are pulling the terrorist attacks, which is bullshit!!!)
They are a political movement which manipulate religion to their ends, this movement ~ from Muslim Brotherhood to Al Qaeda is labelled as Islamist. These movements which at their softest levels advocate theocracy and at the extreme level advocate violence as inherently wrong in that they do not allow for very much individual freedoms. Imposition of such governance on entire populations is the opposite of progressive movements ergo the dichotomy.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




well, they're collected from all over, but i did like them.

not to be too crass, but these people must really have a death wish if they're going to be picking fights with the Brits and the Yanks.
Still... I understand your patriotism and everything, but a lot of damage has been done in NYC, DC, Madrid and London and still no answer has been found.
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #309
Refugee
 
bcrt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,271
Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Apathetic in terms of ideology, not sympathy. Any society has it's middle ground majority. Surely around the world the vast majority of people who are going about practicing their religion in a traditional manner and living their lives peacefully without ideological concerns one way or another count. 1.2 Billion people living their lives out, working for a living, worrying about survival and too often without massive ammounts of education. Regular people.
okay sorry about that tirade then, but it needed to be said nonetheless.. i'm enraged by these damn terrorists

but most importantly everyone's thoughts and prayers should be with those families who lost love ones
__________________
bcrt2000 is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #310
War Child
 
MaxFisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 776
Local Time: 07:16 AM
Whether they are Christian, Muslim, or whatever I'd be afraid of anyone who is violent.
__________________
MaxFisher is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #311
ONE
love, blood, life
 
shari schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sconnie
Posts: 11,102
Local Time: 02:16 AM
What a study in contrasts.......Yesterday the joy that came with the announcement of London being chosen for the Olympics in 2012 and now this
I am glad everyone from here appears to be safe and sound.
My prayers go out to all Londoners........
__________________
shari schultz is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 AM   #312
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Yes, people have committed murders in the name of religion in the recent past in places like Waco, Northern Ireland, etc. But over the last few years, al-Qaeda and other "Islamist" terrorist groups have pretty much declared war on the entire civilized world. That's why so much attention is being brought on these attacks.
i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)

2. I have a muslim friend who is stared at, belittled called a terorist and many other names when she is shopping in a local mall. She was even spat on by and older woman (though that incident did happen two years ago)

all im saying is, a few islamic extrmeists kill a few thousand people and suddenly we're killing middle eastern people left right and centre. thats all.
__________________
dazzlingamy is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #313
Blue Crack Distributor
 
WildHoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Posts: 78,383
Local Time: 08:16 AM
I'd just like to say i am so proud of the way that the Emergency Services reacted today and also the way that Londoners carried on as normally as possible.
__________________
WildHoney is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy


i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)
When was the last time we heard about a white person crashing a plane into a building? When was the last time a white person blew up a bus? or beheaded someone on tv?

If I get on a plane, I'm gonna be suspicious of people in full muslim garb. I can rationalize with myself all I want but I will still be suspicious. If something happened on the plane and the men did not get searched, their would be an outcry as to why something was not done.

It sucks that this is happening to innocent people but I'd rather be safe.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 07-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,572
Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy


i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)

2. I have a muslim friend who is stared at, belittled called a terorist and many other names when she is shopping in a local mall. She was even spat on by and older woman (though that incident did happen two years ago)

all im saying is, a few islamic extrmeists kill a few thousand people and suddenly we're killing middle eastern people left right and centre. thats all.
Item (2) is certainly unacceptable. Item (1), sadly enough, makes sense. Have you ever been held up in an airport while some 8-year-old kid or some 92-year-old lady was being searched? Don't you think this would be rather annoying?
__________________

__________________
speedracer is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com