Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Minority Islamists, Minority Progressives, Majority of Apathy.
sadly, I guess you're right

Old 07-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #302
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 06:16 PM
I just think its funny that we have hundreds of thousands of 'white christian' or 'white jewish' or 'white anything' serial killers, bombers (like oklahoma etc), rapists, terorists, pshcyo army people who have killed a ZILLON times more people then any muslim yet they are now feared more then any one else.

its sad, disgusting and basically pathetic. Being muslim or looking middle eastern would be hell right now, and i feel for them, especially as like 99.9999 percent of them have nothing to do with these militia groups (such as we dont have anything to do with white supremist groups) yet seem to be all clumped in together.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #303
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:16 PM
Who is clumping? I see no clumping!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #304
Refugee

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Minority Islamists, Minority Progressives, Majority of Apathy.
if you are saying that the majority of muslims don't care if london gets bombed, you are wrong. thats inhuman to even think that-- 1.2 Billion Muslims exist, thats 1 in every 5 people on the planet, you can't brand them as not caring. The only thing about previous terror attacks is that some Muslims were in denial that a Muslim could perpetrate an attack but I have NEVER heard any Muslims that I know who are apathetic towards victims in crimes like this.

please stop the negative bullshit and lets build bridges, not push people farther apart

and no-- i'm not a progressive muslim, i'm a traditionalist, so.. you should restate that as

Minority extremists, minority progressives, majority traditionalists

islamist doesn't equal extremist!

Old 07-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #305
New Yorker

My prayers go out to all Londoners and to any Interferencers who may have been in harm's way today. We're like a family here and I just hope that none of us was injured or worse. I am so saddened by what happened today, but London is a great city and I'm sure Londoners will rise to the occasion and be strong. Such a shame that the G8 is going on and the leaders are talking about what they can do to help people less fortunate and poverty stricken and here these cowards are killing civilians. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
I just think its funny that we have hundreds of thousands of 'white christian' or 'white jewish' or 'white anything' serial killers, bombers (like oklahoma etc), rapists, terorists, pshcyo army people who have killed a ZILLON times more people then any muslim yet they are now feared more then any one else.

its sad, disgusting and basically pathetic. Being muslim or looking middle eastern would be hell right now, and i feel for them, especially as like 99.9999 percent of them have nothing to do with these militia groups (such as we dont have anything to do with white supremist groups) yet seem to be all clumped in together.

Yes, people have committed murders in the name of religion in the recent past in places like Waco, Northern Ireland, etc. But over the last few years, al-Qaeda and other "Islamist" terrorist groups have pretty much declared war on the entire civilized world. That's why so much attention is being brought on these attacks.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #307
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:16 PM
Apathetic in terms of ideology, not sympathy. Any society has it's middle ground majority. Surely around the world the vast majority of people who are going about practicing their religion in a traditional manner and living their lives peacefully without ideological concerns one way or another count. 1.2 Billion people living their lives out, working for a living, worrying about survival and too often without massive ammounts of education. Regular people.

Quote:
islamist doesn't equal extremist! (the word islamist implies that there is something in our religion and those who are following it correctly are the ones who are pulling the terrorist attacks, which is bullshit!!!)
They are a political movement which manipulate religion to their ends, this movement ~ from Muslim Brotherhood to Al Qaeda is labelled as Islamist. These movements which at their softest levels advocate theocracy and at the extreme level advocate violence as inherently wrong in that they do not allow for very much individual freedoms. Imposition of such governance on entire populations is the opposite of progressive movements ergo the dichotomy.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

well, they're collected from all over, but i did like them.

not to be too crass, but these people must really have a death wish if they're going to be picking fights with the Brits and the Yanks.
Still... I understand your patriotism and everything, but a lot of damage has been done in NYC, DC, Madrid and London and still no answer has been found.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #309
Refugee

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Apathetic in terms of ideology, not sympathy. Any society has it's middle ground majority. Surely around the world the vast majority of people who are going about practicing their religion in a traditional manner and living their lives peacefully without ideological concerns one way or another count. 1.2 Billion people living their lives out, working for a living, worrying about survival and too often without massive ammounts of education. Regular people.
okay sorry about that tirade then, but it needed to be said nonetheless.. i'm enraged by these damn terrorists

but most importantly everyone's thoughts and prayers should be with those families who lost love ones
Old 07-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #310
War Child

Local Time: 07:16 AM
Whether they are Christian, Muslim, or whatever I'd be afraid of anyone who is violent.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #311
ONE
love, blood, life

What a study in contrasts.......Yesterday the joy that came with the announcement of London being chosen for the Olympics in 2012 and now this
I am glad everyone from here appears to be safe and sound.
My prayers go out to all Londoners........
Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 AM   #312
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Yes, people have committed murders in the name of religion in the recent past in places like Waco, Northern Ireland, etc. But over the last few years, al-Qaeda and other "Islamist" terrorist groups have pretty much declared war on the entire civilized world. That's why so much attention is being brought on these attacks.
i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)

2. I have a muslim friend who is stared at, belittled called a terorist and many other names when she is shopping in a local mall. She was even spat on by and older woman (though that incident did happen two years ago)

all im saying is, a few islamic extrmeists kill a few thousand people and suddenly we're killing middle eastern people left right and centre. thats all.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #313
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 08:16 AM
I'd just like to say i am so proud of the way that the Emergency Services reacted today and also the way that Londoners carried on as normally as possible.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)
When was the last time we heard about a white person crashing a plane into a building? When was the last time a white person blew up a bus? or beheaded someone on tv?

If I get on a plane, I'm gonna be suspicious of people in full muslim garb. I can rationalize with myself all I want but I will still be suspicious. If something happened on the plane and the men did not get searched, their would be an outcry as to why something was not done.

It sucks that this is happening to innocent people but I'd rather be safe.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #315
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

eg

2. I have a muslim friend who is stared at, belittled called a terorist and many other names when she is shopping in a local mall. She was even spat on by and older woman (though that incident did happen two years ago)

all im saying is, a few islamic extrmeists kill a few thousand people and suddenly we're killing middle eastern people left right and centre. thats all.
Item (2) is certainly unacceptable. Item (1), sadly enough, makes sense. Have you ever been held up in an airport while some 8-year-old kid or some 92-year-old lady was being searched? Don't you think this would be rather annoying?