Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The people who are behind this are truly the lowest of scum and the most vile lifeforms on this planet.

Anyone who harms innocent civilians can rot in fucking Hell as far as I care.

Same here. I first I didn't believe it but now I just don't know what to say. Why would they do this? I hope to God that they didn't do this for the 2012 Olympics, I mean how stupid would that be? Man, this again proves that terrorism is a stupid and vile act. I pray for all those involved and may God be with you all.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there had been at least six explosions, but said the picture was still "very confused".

There was no official death toll but survivors of blasts at Edgware Road station and between Aldgate and Liverpool Street reported seeing piles of bodies.

Police at the scene of the bus blast also said several people had died.

- http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100...e-says-at-least-six-explosions-name_page.html

Piles of bodies? I feel even more sick.

Blair just said that it is a terrorist attack, and that he would leave the G8 to go to London, and get back this evening. He also said the G8 would continue to discuss the agenda that it was intended to.

I feel sick too. I have no words.

Axver said:
The people who are behind this are truly the lowest of scum and the most vile lifeforms on this planet.

I agree with you Axver, these people obviously have no conscience, they are sick and deserve to die :angry: I am sickened by this and my heart goes out to those who are affected by this tragedy :sad:

Last edited:
I hope nothing happens to Blair on his way back to London.

I would be really cautious if I were trying to protect him........

I'm interested in seeing how htis all pans out......

I know it probably makes me sound ignorant to the terrorist attacks of the last couple of years, but I really have never realised just how terrifying these things are on an emotional level. Now it's on my doorstep, i'm suddenly feeling the fear of what people at Ground Zero, the Madrid train stations and the everyday people in Iraq, Iran and Turkey must feel.

This is sick. It's all sick and it's all messed up.
I can't believe the world has come to this. That people have to threaten people and endanger lives to validate their existance and their twisted beliefs.

I had an interview at Kings Cross this morning - well, I was SUPPOSED to, anyway. Luckily I rescheduled beforehand.

I have some info about the number dead. I won't say where I'm getting it from, as it would get this person in deep shit. I hope you will trust what I say here. I obviously wouldn't lie about something this major.

This person knows for certain that 50 were killed on the bus, and so far 30 have been killed at stations.

:sad:

A swedish newspaper says that a doctor at the Aldgatestation believes there could be at least 90 dead there.
This just get worse by the minute. In the extra news a couple of minutes ago they said they are still evacuating people from the the tube. It must be hell down there, with all the narrow tunnels and the long escalators.

sallycinnamon78 said:
I had an interview at Kings Cross this morning - well, I was SUPPOSED to, anyway. Luckily I rescheduled beforehand.

I have some info about the number dead. I won't say where I'm getting it from, as it would get this person in deep shit. I hope you will trust what I say here. I obviously wouldn't lie about something this major.

This person knows for certain that 50 were killed on the bus, and so far 30 have been killed at stations.

I'm glad you rescheduled.
And that inside info is terrible. :sad:

sallycinnamon78 said:

:(

God, be with everyone.

I'm just sitting here in stunned shock.

I can't believe this happened. :(

I've just got word from some pals in London and thank God they are alright.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people in London.

anne_j said:
A swedish newspaper says that a doctor at the Aldgatestation believes there could be at least 90 dead there.

I saw the same figure on the BBC's website.

I hate how these things always unfold to be worse than initial reports too.

I don't know if it was something else, but when I went to that last site with the article,

I my antivirus picked up something. I don't think it has anything to do with the sit,e but just figured I'd say something about it

As far as London goes... I hope the best, and fear the worst...

It would seem that it was a very effective coordinated strike. The underground must be a bastard of a thing, having to flush out the smoke to get to survivours, just thinking about the sarin attack in Japan, they are some of the weakest parts of cities.

The domestic intelligence services probably have a hitlist of individuals who may have involvement that they would be rounding up, as they rightly should.

Axver said:

I saw the same figure on the BBC's website.

I hate how these things always unfold to be worse than initial reports too.

I sincerely hope it isn't that many. I feel really lousy that I can't say more about my source, but I CAN say that they know this first hand, in an official capacity... and this is stuff that the BBC will neither confirm nor deny as it isn't public yet. I'm therefore hoping that his report of 25 is closer to the actual number of people dead - unlike the media, this person isn't merely speculating. You're right though - this is just the beginning. :(

Axver said:

Damn right.

Last edited:
Until the smoke clears, both literally and figuratively, I don't think that the public can know the extent of the damage and what was involved in the attacks.

Don't feel lousy about not naming names Sally, your obviously not one to make groundless comments and it is certainly and tragically quite plausible.

I just heard from my sister who works right in the city and she's ok.. she works right opposite one of the underground stations hit and says the scenes are just terrible. How can anyone do this??

The police have just released this picture to the media...

London_blasts3.jpg

I just read a short interview with a swedish woman who was on board of the tubetrain at the time of the explosion (I don't know where). She told that people smashed windows with umbrellas to get air, and she saw people very severely injured.

Back
Top Bottom