Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:
more uniquely British resolve:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London.

We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us. Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.
All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more.

How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city."

http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php

well said.

Some idiotic lefty Argentine picketeer is saying that he is not regretting the London bombing because they took our Falklands... :mad:

Talk about people with no brain.

*Shakes head*

I don't understand. Just a few days ago, London was filled with people helping out with a good cause, lots of celebration, hope, happiness.

And now a few assholes go and do this.

What the hell?

Good god...my condolances to anyone out there who have lost loved ones :hug:. And my condolances to the city of London in general. Nobody deserves this crap. Nobody. May those who were involved in these attacks get the punishments they deserve.

My thoughts are with those survivors, their families and especially the men and women in the emergency response services and hospitals who are saving lives.

"where there was, we'd tear them down, and use them on our enemies..."

i'l take this opportunity to pray for our common enemies, that they may come to see the error of their ways, that God will deal with them swiftly and justly, and that we do not forget our ability to forgive even in the face of "terror".

:(

thoughts and prayers to all of you in the UK.

take care of each other. stay safe.

U2@NYC said:
Some idiotic lefty Argentine picketeer is saying that he is not regretting the London bombing because they took our Falklands... :mad:

Talk about people with no brain.

It's pathetic how some people can't get over petty, old squabbles for just a second.

Axver said:
It's pathetic how some people can't get over petty, old squabbles for just a second.

No kidding. It's situations like that that can lead to a lot of this crap, hello, people ("people" referring to the general population of the world)!

Our focus right now should be on finding and punishing those responsible for this event, as well as helping people who have been affected.

Angela

Axver said:

Same comments came from the same kind of people on September 11th, arguing against U.S.'s oppression on Argentina...

Shallow people... :mad:

Irvine511 said:
more uniquely British resolve:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London.

We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us. Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.
All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more.

How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city."

http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php
:up:

speedracer said:

Fair enuf. There's some xenophobia at play. Terror attacks by "Islamists" against the western world have only been going on for 20 years or so, as opposed to the century-long crap in Northern Ireland.

yeah, but the IRA etc stayed pretty well in Ireland & Britain. the thought of them attacking NYC is almost laughable. whereas these Islamic fundamentalists are willing to attack anyone, anywhere, by any means including suicide.

I think it's pretty safe to say that right now Islamist terrorists are more of a threat to the free world than the IRA...

I don't see anything wrong with searching Middle Eastern people before they get on airplanes. :shrug:

Last edited:
At the same time, though, doing that will tick off Middle Eastern people. It's a lose-lose situation.

On another note, I always find it weird when I see headlines talking about how leaders condemn these kinds of actions. Well...yeah...? I would hope that most people would frown upon this kind of thing...

Angela

while this might be looking at a very, very dim brightside, The Economist had this to say:

What the attacks also show, however, is that well co-ordinated though the four explosions were, they were not terribly effective. Chance plays a big role in such attacks. The bombs in Madrid last year which killed 191 people might have killed many more had the station roof collapsed. The September 11th hijackings might have killed fewer than the eventual 2,752 had the twin towers of the World Trade Centre not melted down and collapsed. As The Economist went to press, the toll in the four London bombs was not clear, but the estimate of at least 33 deaths was thankfully far smaller than in Madrid. By the terrible calculus of terrorism, the attacks should thus be counted as a failure - sign of weakness, not strength.

and it wasn't a Dirty Bomb.

Moonlit_Angel said:
At the same time, though, doing that will tick off Middle Eastern people. It's a lose-lose situation.

I highly doubt a peaceful Middle Eastern person would be driven to mass murder because they got held up a few minutes too long in an airport...

Irvine, I have to admit, I was sort of relieved to hear the death toll was "only" 40 (or around there). That's an terrible thing to say, but there you go...

:|

My thoughts go out to all of those in London and their family and friends. I was there just 2 weeks ago so it hit me even harder. When someone came into work and told what happened everyone was shocked about what happened. It is so sad that these things even have to happen and that this kind of violence even exists in the world today.

VertigoGal said:
I highly doubt a peaceful Middle Eastern person would be driven to mass murder because they got held up a few minutes too long in an airport...

I don't think they'll do that, no, but it doesn't exactly help matters, because there's Muslims who are upset at the fact that people are wary of all of them because of the actions of a few.

Angela

Its a catch 22. Is it fair to be wary of all of them? No. Is it wrong of people to be wary? No. Any Muslem living in a free society should not complain when their bags are checked or profiled according to the law. I think they would be happy living free and have to go through some inconvieniences then have to live in the middle east. It is their own people that created this stereotype not the rest of the world. The day we have to even question a plainly clothed muslem in a public place is a very sad day. Unfortunately they created it not the rest of the world.

Rant over....

:shrug:. I just think if we're gonna check Muslims, fine, but then we should check everyone else, too, because other groups of people have been just as guilty of this sort of thing (Timothy McVeigh, anyone?).

Also, while I understand the wariness thing, at the same time it also makes me sad that people wind up being suspicious of their neighbors because of what a few idiots do. Maybe I'm weird for trying to keep my trust in humanity as a whole or something, I dunno, but I still hold it. I don't want to give up on humanity yet.

Angela

Hawkmoon04 said:
Its a catch 22. Is it fair to be wary of all of them? No. Is it wrong of people to be wary? No. Any Muslem living in a free society should not complain when their bags are checked or profiled according to the law. I think they would be happy living free and have to go through some inconvieniences then have to live in the middle east. It is their own people that created this stereotype not the rest of the world. The day we have to even question a plainly clothed muslem in a public place is a very sad day. Unfortunately they created it not the rest of the world.

Rant over....

If Muslims are checked because they're Muslims...then it is NOT a free society.
The rest of the world DID create this stereotype. The terrorists did not come out and say "All Muslims are terrorists." It's us who came out and said "All Muslims are suspect as Terrorists." Are all Irish in the IRA? Are all poor people trash? Are all blondes stupid? A group of people should not have to pay and pay and pay for what one (or a dozen) people who "looked" like them have done. Are all white guys paying for Timothy McVeigh?
The guys with bombs created the problems. Place the blame where it rests.

There...my rant is now over...

enggirl said:

The rest of the world DID create this stereotype. The terrorists did not come out and say "All Muslims are terrorists." It's us who came out and said "All Muslims are suspect as Terrorists." Are all Irish in the IRA? Are all poor people trash? Are all blondes stupid? A group of people should not have to pay and pay and pay for what one (or a dozen) people who "looked" like them have done. Are all white guys paying for Timothy McVeigh?

Thanks, well said.

That is the most sensible comment I have seen/heard in a long time.

enggirl said:

If you saw what I just posted and deleted, ignore it. I'll simply say that somebody needs a lesson in conditional probability.

Ive been searched a few times :shrug: It wasnt that terrible
They took my shoes and swiped the metal detector thingy over me, asked me a couple questions and let me go
If it were 19 year old white females that we're the "high risk" group then I would feel safer knowing that they were getting checked out

I don't like to use the Internet much at work for non-work stuff because the boss can spy on what we are doing, but I've been thinking of all the UK/London Interferencers all day. So now that's I'm finally home - :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

enggirl said:

I certainly do not think all Muslims are terrorists, however there is a faction of fundamentalist Islamic terrorists who are proving to be the largest threat to our country right now. The terrorists behind the 9/11, Madrid, and London bombings as well as the repeated targetting of peaceful Muslims in Iraq all have one thing in common- they're radical Islamists. I don't think it's unfair that our security is especially careful when it comes to Middle Eastern passengers on flying tanks of combustable fuel.

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. I have a Muslim friend who says her dad was searched briefly last time they were at the airport. According to her, it was a minor inconvenience and made them slightly uncomfortable, but he understood the intent and had no problems cooperating.

Difficult to think of anything to say at this time. Be safe, comfort each other, stand with each other and catch the bastards who did this. We support you now as you supported us then.

Her dad might not have any problem being searched, but he MIGHT have a problem being rounded up on a street where he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and thrown into Gitmo or disappear into an overseas torture camp without acess to a lawyer. There's reasoned response (airport security), and there's unjustified xenophobic hysteria (the Patriot Act, or large parts of it.)

I just hope that many Brits relaize that this attack on them probably wouldn't have come if their troops weren't still in Iraq. This could go either way. Blair will call the Spanish cowards for pulling out (he doesn't want to take the political blame for this any more than that gov't did) and try to stay the course, but I wonder what British public opinion will be now? Having resolve is one thing....suffering for a war you didn't start is another.

I'm responding to other's startements on here, but this is the only political statment I'll make for now. This is a national tragedy for the Brits, this dwarfs anything they've ever had to deal with, even as used to terrorist threats. The biggest attack the IRA made on Britian was killing a diplomat in an isolated attack. The Island itself isn't on a Northerm Ireland mentality--ir shouyld I say, a Bad Old Days NI mentality.

My thoughtsand prayers go out to the dead and missing, and may God (who is not a Republican, Democrat, or anything else) be with us all.

Has Bono made any statement about this yet? Will they cancel or delay the G-8 summit? I guess a certain Spoiled Rotten Billionaire Bastard (who doesn't give adamn aobut the poor Muslims he says eh cares aobut) can't stand the fact that London got the Games. Screw him.

Back
Top Bottom