Blast Reported at Yale University Law School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Blast Reported at Yale University Law School

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

NEW HAVEN, Conn. ? An explosion was reported in a mail room at the Yale University law school, a city spokesman said.

James Foye, a spokesman for Mayor John DeStefano, said he had no immediate information about any injuries.

The FBI in New Haven said members of the agency's terrorism task force were sent to the scene.

Smoke could be seen rising from downtown.

The incident came as the nation was on elevated alert for possible terrorist attacks and several hours after President Bush ? a Yale alumnus ? visited the state to speak at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy graduation ceremony in New London.

-----------------

I'll have to make sure not to walk through Harvard University for a little while, as I walk through it all the time. :|

Melon

melon,

i turned on CNN.

this is the lead story on Drudge. report.

Drudge is so full of shit a lot of the time.

CNN is saying no one was hurt. No one was in the room. the building was empty.

it seems like a significant explosion.

I don't think it has any Ai-Quida or foreign ties, just my guess.

Oh I should mention this came from the Associated Press. Who knows where they got it from. I guess we'll find out why in the coming days.

Melon

I'm not sure what Drudge has to do with this.

Given the current terror alert status, any explosion around the country will make the breaking news headlines. The possibility of any ties to terrorist activities is clearly secondary.

the story is developing

i was typing in rel time as the story was breaking.

drudge has nothing to do with this other than that
drudge linked to the same ap story. (have you ever noticed how many of Drudge's stories are bogus or blown up)

this reasons behind this incident, hopefully will be resolved in coming days.

unlike the anthrax murders of 2001.

initial reports on msnbc say it appeared to be a pipe bomb. this is, of course, completely unconfirmed. still pretty damn scary though.

what the hell does this have to do with drudge, the anthrax attacks, or anything else like that?? you know... this probably has nothing to do with al-qaeda... and most likely will end up as nothing more than a disgrunteled employee/student/former student/employee. but why in the blue hell do some people find the need to drag politics into absolutely friggin everything? with the nation on edge as it is, do you realy blame the 24 hour news channels for pumping this shit up? i was watching foxnews when the story first broke... it wasn't until it was reported by a local new haven station that it was a bomb that went off that they went right to direct coverage... up until that point, even though they knew some sort of explosion went off, they were still talking about nothing more than the peterson case

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom