Blasphemy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:
Jesus was a carpenter. What to bet he hit has finger with a mallet? I bet he screamed "ME"

hehehehehehe :D...

I do agree with Maycoksean.... commandments are made for our benefit (they are so simple!), and I really think that if one of them asks us to avoid using the name of the Lord in vain, is because we may want to keep it as something special, and for me to say the lords name is to bring His presence, but that's just me, I won't get offended because someone said "oh my God" or something like that.

I read somewhere that names used to have a deeper meaning than they have today.

sometimes when I pray I say "Chuchito" instead of Jesus, because I see Jesus as a friend and "Chucho" is a kind nickname for the guys named "Jesus". When I was little I was told that I can name God as "dad" because he's my father, and so on. Our relationship with God (or the lack of it) is beyond names.

as always this is a matter of respect, respect for the spirituality of others and their relationship with the world and God. I don't think any of us are in the place to tell others what to believe.

I do see a difference between an "oh my God" and a racial slur. The first one although it is not the best expression to be said, but to the ears of many people is a phrase thrown to the wind, but racial slurs are attack against someone's integrity. besides, How would we keep a good relationship with God if we aren't capable to keep a good relationship with other human beings? Unfortunately we have done worse things than screamming "oh my god" in a roller coaster, against other people :|

Last edited:
Muggsy said:
sometimes when I pray I say "Chuchito" instead of Jesus, because I see Jesus as a friend and "Chucho" is a kind nickname for the guys named "Jesus". When I was little I was told that I can name God as "dad" because he's my father, and so on. |

Taht's a cool story. I like that.

The Jews have a Hebrew word for "daddy" that is often also used when referring to the "daddy" quality of God: Abba (not the "Dancing queen" Abba ;) )

Back
Top Bottom