Blame the Locals!!! - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040

It seems that promoting his agenda on the Court is more important to him personally, than saving lives.
Unfortunately, it is this type of speculation that we can now expect here.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:24 AM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama

But ignoring that, we blame Bush for the failures and choose to ignore the other agencies' shortfalls , because, well, it's FYM and it's more fun to do that.

~U2Alabama
No one has said the other agencies aren't to blame. I don't think any of this is "fun" either.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:27 AM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Why is it only speculation, chest thumping, and the blame game when people disagree? A lot of people are genuinely upset about this.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:28 AM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

No one has said the other agencies aren't to blame. I don't think any of this is "fun" either.

Now is the time to focus on helping the survivors, I don't blame anyone right now but at some point I do want answers, mostly for the people who are survivors and so that we can be better prepared in the future. I shudder to think about a massive terrorist attack and how prepared the govt really is for that. I have to think the terrorists have noted this as well
Old 09-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #125
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Sadly, the partisan board at FYM does not seem to care that there are SO MANY POPLE WHO FAILED the CITIZENS, they would prefer to blame Bush than look at the entire picture.

If someone, anyone, from the administration would actually speak about this without relying on those damn talking points, I would be willing to listen. But to just repeat "we're no going to play the blame game, now is not the time " is just infuriating to me. I hate it when they sound like they are all reading from the same script.

And I know it's selfish, but if the mayor of NO gets thrown in jail or sued or whatever over this, it isn't going to help me when the next storm hits Florida. Absolutely, he has to be held responsible for his actions (or lack thereof), but FEMA is seriously screwed up and right now I have no faith that they will help in time when needed.

And what about all the Mississippi officials? There was trouble down there too. Why isn't anyone calling for Governor Barbour's head like they are for the governor of Louisianna?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #126
War Child

Quote:

Well, to be blunt- there is very little speculation left. His and his administrations actions this week speak far louder than the cripted speeches that comes out of Rove's office.

You know what pisses me off? That the man can spend 40 minutes bereaving the chief justice in public- he hadn't shown a fraction of the same bereavement to the people of the gulf coast to this point. THEN- the one thing that I think speaks volumes about this whole tragedy- that did anyone notice Bush hadn't cared one single iota enough to fly the flag at half staff!?

This is one of the biggest symbolic gestures a presidency can do. No- he totally forgot- and so now we fly the flag at half staff because of Rheinquist and "conveniently" -a week later- Katrina victims.

Utterly, completely dispicable.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:14 AM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Why is it only speculation, chest thumping, and the blame game when people disagree? A lot of people are genuinely upset about this.
Only? I guess that is just one of the FYM games we play. Take a comment to the extreme.

Upset or not, the hyperbole found in a number of threads does not add to the conversation.

I sincerely doubt many would want to live to the standards they create in their threads here in FYM.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 AM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Only? I guess that is just one of the FYM games we play. Take a comment to the extreme.
I'm not playing any games here. I never posted before this whole mess in FYM. This has really made me angry.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:25 AM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm not playing any games here. I never posted before this whole mess in FYM. This has really made me angry.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come down on you like that. I realize you are upset about the suffering in the wake of Katrina and the slow response to remove that suffering.

I've been in FYM a long time and notice the patterns used in the discussions. Too often people will interpret a post and then slam the interpretation. Rarely do we get a request for clarification. It is my own fatigue of this place.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:30 AM   #130
War Child

Let's all remember that there is absolutely no justification for the blame-game as its called, because clearly everything is running so smoothly now that accountability is a back-burner issue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090601994.html

So far, Thorson said, the State Department has denied Sweden's request for flight clearance. "We don't know exactly why, but we have a suspicion that the system is clogged on the receiving end," he said. "But we keep a request alive all the time, so we are not forgotten."
Old 09-07-2005, 06:32 AM   #131
Refugee

Quote:
Even if they were not able to get 100,000 people out under those immediate conditions (understandable), what about their ability to send IN food, water, medical help and security?

This should have been put in place at the moment the decision to house thousands of people in the Superdome was made. A hurricane evacuation plan for hurricanes/flood should have been something that a city like NO should have been able to execute in their sleep
I've heard that the FEDS basically had to FORCE the govenor and mayor to call for a mandatory evacuation on Saturday, and neither of them wanted to do it.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:34 AM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

I've heard that the FEDS basically had to FORCE the govenor and mayor to call for a mandatory evacuation on Saturday, and neither of them wanted to do it.
Source?

I really would like to read this article.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:39 AM   #133
War Child

Quote:

There is going to be hell to pay by the mayor and the governor in this tragedy.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:41 AM   #134
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:

Well I can't think the decision to force people out of their homes into circumstances that could be worse isn't easy. But this still doesn't have much to do with your original comments.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 AM   #135
Refugee

Quote:
But this still doesn't have much to do with your original comments.
Which comments?