Blair gets his day in court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Came across this article in the NZ Herald and it got me to thinking, what is the criteria for being brought up before an international tribunal.
Could Bush and or Blair really go on trial for making a monumental mistake?
(If this has been discussed then point me the way)

Blair gets his day in court
Friday January 12, 2007

LONDON - They would be excused for changing the channel at 10 Downing St when a new satirical drama about Prime Minister Tony Blair airs.

Britain's Channel 4 has unveiled details of The Trial of Tony Blair, in which Blair faces war crimes charges over the Iraq conflict in an imagined, not-too-distant future.

The film, to be screened next week, is set in 2010 and sees Blair (actor Robert Lindsay) on the brink of extradition to a war crimes tribunal, plagued by nightmares about the war and fears that he will be killed by a suicide bomber.

"I gather Mr Blair is very concerned about his place in history. This film is my idea of where that place might be," writer Alistair Beaton said.

At a pre-screening on Wednesday, Lindsay said he had made the film because he was "seriously angry" with Blair over the "illegal" Iraq war.

In the film, former United States President George W. Bush is shown in rehab after being discovered comatose at his ranch.

Blair is convinced he will be offered a top job at the United Nations or in the US administration as an adviser to new president Hillary Clinton.

But instead his former celebrity friends - U2 pop star Bono, actor Kevin Spacey and Microsoft tycoon Bill Gates - refuse to return his calls and the US abandons him.

- AFP

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10418780

Back
Top Bottom