Bill O'Reilly for President.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LPU2 said:

Even if AB is pulling our legs, there are many good, honest people out there who don't see the manipulation and dishonesty. And if you don't see it, he can indeed come across as a fair and balanced broker for the people. He's EXTREMELY good at what he does. But what he does, more than anything else, is manipulate and mislead.

This is why I have trouble writing him off as just a businessman and good at his job- of course he is both of those things. But I honestly believe he is *hurting* our country and that he knows exactly what he's doing only makes it worse in some ways.

Bluer White said:
There's a pretty good thumbnail of O'Reilly on Wikipedia. A pretty accurate description of many of his positions, and much of it is cited from his books.

http://en. wikipedia .org/wiki/Bill_O'Reilly_(commentator)

interesting ... i just read the article, and it's surprising how moderate his positions actually are, they are staunchly Right of center, no question, but when taken in total, he's hardly in the same league as, say, Limbaugh or Hannity, so i think that says volumes about his self-described "bloviating," divisive, attack-dog style that causes so many people to think he's more extreme than he actually is, like some kind of avenging angel of the working class. he's a more entertaining, less book-learned Pat Buchanan.

Irvine511 said:

interesting ... i just read the article, and it's surprising how moderate his positions actually are, they are staunchly Right of center, no question, but when taken in total, he's hardly in the same league as, say, Limbaugh or Hannity, so i think that says volumes about his self-described "bloviating," divisive, attack-dog style that causes so many people to think he's more extreme than he actually is, like some kind of avenging angel of the working class. he's a more entertaining, less book-learned Pat Buchanan.

True, but with Limbaugh and Hannity, you know exactly where they stand. O'Reilly casts himself as a fair and balanced independent, who doesn't spin and doesn't do personal attacks. I made myself laugh just typing that.

Sure there are issues that make him appear independent. Yes, we all know he's against the death penalty, but do you ever see a show where the venom and anger comes out on that issue? Nope. And you never will.

Yes, he says he thinks global warming might be a reality, but do you ever see a show where the venom and anger comes out on that issue? Nope. And you never will.

He says he doesn't support republican or democrat. But remember his scathing attacks on Bill Clinton? With Bush, he might disagree with him, sorta, but it's always, "here's what Bush needs to do to improve his numbers." Can you imagine him saying that about Clinton? Or any dem for that matter?

I can go on and on....

AchtungBono said:
Although I am not an American citizen, and therefore not eligible to vote, I am officially starting my OFP campaign (O'Reilly For President).

I don't know anyone else who is as honest and committed to the truth as Bill O'Reilly. I am an addict of the "Factor" and after seeing his segment on Neil Cavuto's show tonight I am more convinced than ever that O'Reilly would be one of the best presidents EVER - both in terms of hard-hitting policies and personal integrity.

O'Reilly ROCKS!!!!

A.Bono,

He speaks well but a few years back he was caught up in a sex scandal and lost a lot of respect from some folks and became fodder for others who already opposed him.

dbs

LPU2 said:
I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, but I really believe that AchtungBono's view—if he or she is being honest, of which I'm not yet convinced—is exactly why Bill O'Reilly is so scary.

Even if AB is pulling our legs, there are many good, honest people out there who don't see the manipulation and dishonesty. And if you don't see it, he can indeed come across as a fair and balanced broker for the people. He's EXTREMELY good at what he does. But what he does, more than anything else, is manipulate and mislead.

Damn straight.

VertigoGal said:

This is why I have trouble writing him off as just a businessman and good at his job- of course he is both of those things. But I honestly believe he is *hurting* our country and that he knows exactly what he's doing only makes it worse in some ways.

I know what you mean. It's the incredible cynicism of it that just sickens me.

Check the Location column, it's quite obvious that the thread starter doesn't live in the US.

And from the Forum Rules:
What constitutes a post or thread worthy of being closed, deleted, or edited by the forum moderators?

Topics that are dragged on or 'bumped' up for no legitimate reason or to start a fight/get a rise out of people...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom