Bill Maher- America, Stop Bragging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one who thinks Bill Maher is a bit self absorbed? I get the feeling the only opinion he values is his own and that anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. I have never once seen him concede a point on his show to anyone! I still watch him though and I think he's pretty funny...

Abomb-baby said:
I have never once seen him concede a point on his show to anyone! I still watch him though and I think he's pretty funny...

Interesting, I have the opposite view. The thing I like about Bill Maher is that I feel he honestly wants the truth regardless of who has it. I've seen him concede a point to a number of guests. I think it's one of his strengths that he can say to someone he disagrees with in the heat of a debate, "ok, fair enough" or "good point" or something like that. But he definitely has a huge ego and thinks he's right most of the time.

Abomb-baby said:
Am I the only one who thinks Bill Maher is a bit self absorbed? I get the feeling the only opinion he values is his own and that anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. I have never once seen him concede a point on his show to anyone! I still watch him though and I think he's pretty funny...

this from an O'Reilly fan?

:wink:

An O'Reilly fan? Oh come Irvine, you can do better than that...its been so long since you got my feathers ruffled. Youre gonna have to try harder than that...:wink:

Who the hell said I was an O'Reilly fan? I guess because I don't drink the preferred flavor of kool aid in here I'm an O'reilly fan? BTW, I said I still watch Maher and think he's funny. Do I have to agree with everything he says, no. Do I think he's pretty damn smug most of the time, yes.

I did say "if that's the case" I don't know if you are or not. Regardless you still haven't answered the question, who?

And by the way I don't like kool aid.:wink:

Abomb-baby said:
Who the hell said I was an O'Reilly fan? I guess because I don't drink the preferred flavor of kool aid in here I'm an O'reilly fan? BTW, I said I still watch Maher and think he's funny. Do I have to agree with everything he says, no. Do I think he's pretty damn smug most of the time, yes.

i'm sorry -- i totally have you confused with someone else!

(similar name ... the Israeli woman who posts from time to tome)

Hey, no worries Irvine! BTW you are probably one of my favs on here although I rarely agree with you...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom