Bill Clinton for Vice President - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Bill Clinton for Vice President

[Q]Bill Clinton
Few vice-presidential possibilities boast the accomplished resume -- or political baggage -- of former President Bill Clinton. Clinton studied at Georgetown, Yale and Oxford (as a Rhodes scholar) before returning to his home state of Arkansas. He taught at the University of Arkansas' law school for three years before, at 30, being elected the state's attorney general. Clinton later served six terms as Arkansas' governor (he won in 1978, lost a 1980 race, then was re-elected two years later), before defeating incumbent George H.W. Bush to become U.S. president, starting in January 1993. While federal law prohibits a person from seeking a third presidential term, the Constitution does not specify whether or not a former commander in chief can become vice president. [/Q]

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/spe...vp.contenders/

Oh boy!

Old 06-05-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Hmm what other possibilities are there:
- GWB / George Bush Sr. (It could be like Sanford and Son in the white house with some of the richest men in the country - it can't fail)
- GWB / Ronald and Nancy Reagan (Matching Neoconservatives with the Reagans is a plan that cannot fail, we would see Star Wars in space without the crappy ground based prequals)
- John Kerry / Bill Clinton (It would give Kerrry an easy way to distract the public if things go awry)
- John Kerry / Jimmy Carter (Arguably the sanest choice of the lot)

Both GWB / George Bush Sr. and John Kerry / Jimmy Carter offer the advantage of having VP's who can actually run for second terms should anything happen to the president.

Old 06-05-2004, 11:06 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

I think CNN may have it wrong:

[Q]Amendment XII

The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;--The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--the person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States. [/Q]
Old 06-05-2004, 11:15 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

I think the Sandford and Son idea is hilarious.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:24 PM
To highlight the operative portion of the above:

Quote:
But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

You mean, Clinton is eligible to run again??

Old 06-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:24 AM
No, he isn't. Since he isn't eligible to run for President, he may not be a Vice-President too.

Hillary may be.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

If a governer sits out four years, he can run again. Not true with President? Please don't get me started on Hillary, I despise that b**** SO much I don't want to talk about it. No wonder Bill ran to Monica
Old 06-05-2004, 03:02 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:24 AM
A President can run once more (thus, serving two terms in total).
Old 06-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

I guess they did that after FDR got in four times. I'd be easy to get a dictator or King in there that way. Now we need to limit the congressmen, same farts usually serve for life.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:41 PM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't think Bill Clinton will be a VP. I don't know why CNN even brought it up.

Melon
Old 06-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:24 PM
Quote:
The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;

And this did not apply to the current administration?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:04 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I don't think Bill Clinton will be a VP. I don't know why CNN even brought it up.

Melon
Exactly.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:27 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The whole thing is ridiculous. Kerry would never pick Bill Clinton as VP - or Hillary Clinton either, for that matter. He's not that stupid. It would be political suicide to do so.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I think the Sandford and Son idea is hilarious.
But in Sandford & Son the son was the smarter one. How about Smokey and the Bandit's Sheriff Buford T. Justice and his dumb son?