Bill Clinton for Vice President - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2004, 05:44 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:53 AM
Yes, let's bring the Clintons out to scare the horses again.

I don't even know why people talk about Hillary either. I admit no great knowledge of the Democratic Party or its workings, but I've never seriously heard anything to suggest Hillary Clinton will ever run for president (or get the nomination if she does).

In fact if memory serves me well, the Kennedys are about the only example of a family putting multiple members forward for national leadership in America (and alas Robert got shot too).

Eleanor Roosevelt perhaps, but she wasn't running for office.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:45 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

And GWB of course. How could I forget him?

Old 06-06-2004, 06:06 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Well, the Roosevelt's have to be included. You don't only have Franklin, but also Theodore (brothers, IIRC) who both were president.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:10 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

I believe that FDR was Theodores fifth cousin.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:19 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Say what you want about Bill Clinton but the fact remains that he was one of the best presidents the United States ever had.

Actually, now that I think of it, he's the first "celebrity" president, isn't he?.....lol.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Bill Clinton was not a bad president but he certainly was not one of the best the US has ever had. In regards to being the first celebrity president in an age of mass media think again, its JFK.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 PM
I can't wait for his book I hope to go to a signing too

Is anyone else going to read it?

When I think about all the Clinton negatives, compared to what we have now, I'd much prefer Bubba
Old 06-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #23
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I believe that FDR was Theodores fifth cousin.
Yes they were very distant cousins. Theodore, born in 1858, was old enough to be the father of FDR, born in 1882. I don't think they ever knew each other that well either. Eleanor was a cousin of FDR's as well as his wife. It happened in the European royal families all the time in those days, why not?

Other family members who have been President:

John Adams and his son, John Quincy Adams

Benjamin Harrison was a nephew of William Henry Harrison (the guy who died after only a month in office)
Old 06-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Clinton can't run as veep since he can't run as president. I personally have felt, since 2000, that in 2004 the Democrats needed some sort of break with the Clinton Administration--even though I personally liked Clinton. No one is going to please all of the people all of the time. Life simply isn't like that.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:28 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Even Bozo the clown would make a better president than the mental midget occupying the White House now.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Please don't get me started on Hillary, I despise that b**** SO much I don't want to talk about it. No wonder Bill ran to Monica
Not to change the subject, but why do women (and men) hate her so passionately? This woman I work with even went so far as to say "someone should kill her" When I ask her why, she said anyone who would stay with that cheating husband of her's doesn't deserve to live. This makes no sense to me.

This thread amazes me since just yesterday I was talking to someone and wondering if a former Presidents could be a VP. And yes I plan to read his book while I'm on medical leave from knee replacement surgery nx month. That is if I can afford his 900 or so page book.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:51 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Hillary Clinton represents a complete detachment from the conservative "dominant hegemony." She is educated, has short hair, works, has an opinion of her own, and is not a trophy for her husband. This is the unconscious reasoning as to why people want to "kill her," because they want to kill the hegemonic shift that is currently and slowly happening in this nation.

Compare this to other recent first ladies like Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush, or Laura Bush, where the only appearances they make are on their husband's shoulder or take on "harmless" causes, like anti-drug public relations or literacy. Now don't take this as a knock against Mrs. Reagan or the Bush wives; they are different first ladies and should not be compared to Hillary Clinton, who is now a senator! She was the most headstrong first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt, so it should be of no coincidence that both are latently referred to as "lesbians" by their detractors.

The patterns are pretty cut-and-dry.

Melon
Old 06-06-2004, 03:18 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Quote:
The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;

And this did not apply to the current administration?

i do not believe either Clinton will be on the 04 ticket.

Is it constitutional for Bill?

The first post in this thread states that the Pres. and VP not be from the same state.

Cheney was CEO of Haliburton based in Houston? Texas for several years when he accepted the VP nomination.

Bush/ Cheney entered the Whitehouse disrespecting the Constitution.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:23 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Bush and Cheney knew this too, so, as a media footnote with absolutely no fanfare or outrage, Cheney used a loophole to take residency in Wyoming in 2000. Now he was involved with the state in the past, but still...it was clearly a way to get past this problem.

Melon
Old 06-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

neither clinton will accept a VP nod regardless of if it's legal for bill or not... they want kerry to lose so there's a clear path for hill hill in 2008, where we may finally see the new york senate race that never was... hillary vs. rudy.

alas... that's way too far off to even speculate on. i'll shut up now.