Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unosdostres14

Refugee
Sen. Joe Biden said on the Daily Show that he would love to run "with or against John McCain". And then Jon Stewart said, "Did I hear, 'with'?" And Biden explained that he is good friends with John McCain and it may be possible that they would run for president together.

TALK ABOUT A DREAM TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think a Biden-McCain ticket could possibly lose (unless the democrats screw up again like they have formed a habit of doing lately :( )

unosdostres14 said:
Sen. Joe Biden said on the Daily Show that he would love to run "with or against John McCain". And then Jon Stewart said, "Did I hear, 'with'?" And Biden explained that he is good friends with John McCain and it may be possible that they would run for president together.

TALK ABOUT A DREAM TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!

Not going to happen! John McCain is a CONSERVATIVE. John McCain is no more likely to be on a ticket with Biden than he was with John Kerry. John McCain is one of the biggest supporters of the war in Iraq as well as the war on terror. He is pro-defense spending, pro free trade, pro life, and pro gun.

32026joeandicropped-med.jpg

If he gets elected I'll be even more proud of this picture than i already am :up:

Re: Re: Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

STING2 said:

Not going to happen! John McCain is a CONSERVATIVE. John McCain is no more likely to be on a ticket with Biden than he was with John Kerry. John McCain is one of the biggest supporters of the war in Iraq as well as the war on terror. He is pro-defense spending, pro free trade, pro life, and pro gun.

1) Biden said that him and McCain have talked about it.
2) Biden asked McCain to run with Kerry and he said he wouldn't run with Kerry.
3) PEOPLE MAKE COMPROMISES!!!1111
4) I'm pretty sure Biden supports "the war on terror" also. Although I guess we should call it "the struggle against extremism" now since that makes a difference.
5) McCain is also pro-lots of issues that Biden also stands for.

It's not that far fetched.

Wow U2Democrat...CONGRATULATIONS! The closest I've gotten to a politician was like 30 feet away from Barack Obama.

My he's tall.......(or you're short :lmao: )

Joe was really tall. I didn't expect him to be but he was. Excellent speaker!!!!!!!!!! I've heard tons of speaches but his is by far the best i've ever heard. It was incredible and extremely moving and motivating. He'd make a great candidate...and a great president.

It is very difficult for senators to win the Presidency. Think about how many governors have become President recently. It's almost always governors. And I knew that the Republicans would pounce on Kerry's voting record.

From my position I think that when in opposition there seems to be the perception of not actually standing for something ~ rather standing against. Now that is something that cuts both ways insofar as how the opposition runs their campaign and how the incumbents one reacts. I guess that the 2008 elections could be interesting because it will not be a case of Anyone But Bush campaigning (unless Jeb runs through some quirky events over the next bit :shocked: ).

Oh and the govenor thing versus senator part is interesting, just looking at the movements by Hillary Clinton when it comes to social issues (e.g. abortion and the GTA: San Andreas unlockable sex scene).

Last edited:
That was a shocked not a smiley ~ I am not blindly partisan, I am a much more of a policy hack ~ the unfortunate situation is that there are no electable leaders who's policies I agree with altogether, I need a Frankensteins Monster of a politician.

U2democrat said:
did you like michael badnarik (i think that's how you spell his hame) at all?
Yeah see on social issues I broadly agree however there is a divergence on matters of foreign policy. Plus the fact that third party candidates are unelectale. I think that an electable moderate from either party with libertarian leanings but with a receptive political climate to get things done is ideal ~ now the odds of that occuring are very slight indeed so one is put in the position of giving minor support to people like Bush and the "compassionate conservative" bunch or for another example Tony Blair with CCTV cameras and national ID cards (I most certainly do not like either of those), europhilia and Kyoto madness (the Kyoto treaty in itself will not do a thing to stop global warming and it will inflict significant economic restrictions, I think that a technological solution - e.g. geosequestering of carbon dioxide - that accomidates industry and environment is ideal).

Last edited:
I'm not wild about McCain...

although, I'm just happy that Bush cannot be president ever again. That is unless he finds a way to change the constitution between now and then. I wouldnt put it past him.

Leftist enthusiasm over McCain is further proof that Americans vote over image rather than substance. That aside, Biden has a very "presidential" image about him, so that should automatically make him more electable than robot Gore or weasly Kerry.

Since it comes down to image, if Biden goes up against Frist in 2008, Biden will have the upper hand, unless Frist somehow convinces America that he had a Vietnamese love child with Jane Fonda. Knowing the current state of the GOP and bigoted Southern voters, I wouldn't put it past the party.

Melon

melon you are right about the image thing. Both Kerry and Gore are extremely intelligent men. However they didnt have enough appeal. Kinda sad how this world is all about image....

LoveTown said:

although, I'm just happy that Bush cannot be president ever again. That is unless he finds a way to change the constitution between now and then. I wouldnt put it past him.

...or if Jeb somehow ascends to the oval office :no:

I don't want Biden to run. He's far to in the pocket of MultiNational Corps. And far to much a beltway insiderand too pro war. I would campaign against anyone who voted for the bankrupcty bill and or Cafta. Though I so think he's a great speaker.

McCain has lost my respect completely. He seems to have moderate views, but his rolling over when push comes to shove against those that personally disgrased him is appalling.

melon said:
Leftist enthusiasm over McCain is further proof that Americans vote over image rather than substance. That aside, Biden has a very "presidential" image about him, so that should automatically make him more electable than robot Gore or weasly Kerry.

Since it comes down to image, if Biden goes up against Frist in 2008, Biden will have the upper hand, unless Frist somehow convinces America that he had a Vietnamese love child with Jane Fonda. Knowing the current state of the GOP and bigoted Southern voters, I wouldn't put it past the party.

Melon

I agree, too much politics is about "image" these days, not enough about substance. If it helps the Democrat next time I can't complain too much, however.

A_Wanderer said:
for another example Tony Blair with CCTV cameras and national ID cards (I most certainly do not like either of those), europhilia

Your euro-bashing is getting a mite tiresome.

What did we ever do to deserve this? :huh:

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
I don't want Biden to run. He's far to in the pocket of MultiNational Corps. And far to much a beltway insiderand too pro war.

Scarletwine has hit the nail on the head here.

Back
Top Bottom