Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sen. Clinton and anyone would be fine with me!:yes: I would love to have a strong women like her running the country. Maybe she could get it right. Her husband did a great job!

Eh...she would have an extremely strong opposition. I don't think Clinton could get the swing states to go her way.

MumblingBono said:
Wasn't it Biden who was done in by plagiarism in his last attempt to run?

Hm I'd never heard that before but I just googled it. In 1987 he borrowed from some old British politician or something like that.

That doesn't phase me though. He's an excellent speaker and is capable of coming up with speeches on his own. He also didn't have the support of speechwriters and stuff in '87 than he would now.

I don't think that plagiarising a speech in 1987 affects a President's decision making 20 years later.

McCain/Biden should run independently from the Republicans and Democrats. It's high time that more "Independent" candidates run and win. You'd think by now everyone would be completely sick of Republicans and Democrats. These two guys could do it and make it work!!!

The parties would not let them run as independents and they would risk losing their political careers if they did. At the end of the day, everyone still wants a job.

Re: Re: Re: Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

unosdostres14 said:

1) Biden said that him and McCain have talked about it.
2) Biden asked McCain to run with Kerry and he said he wouldn't run with Kerry.
3) PEOPLE MAKE COMPROMISES!!!1111
4) I'm pretty sure Biden supports "the war on terror" also. Although I guess we should call it "the struggle against extremism" now since that makes a difference.
5) McCain is also pro-lots of issues that Biden also stands for.

It's not that far fetched.

Trust me, it is far-fetched unless Biden decided to be on the Republican ticket. Biden and Kerry can talk about their dreams all they want to. McCain is a loyal Republican and agrees far more with Bush's politics than either Biden or Kerry's. The only campaign McCain is going to be involved in, is a presidential campaign that has him at the top of the Republican ticket period.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

STING2 said:

Trust me, it is far-fetched unless Biden decided to be on the Republican ticket. Biden and Kerry can talk about their dreams all they want to. McCain is a loyal Republican and agrees far more with Bush's politics than either Biden or Kerry's. The only campaign McCain is going to be involved in, is a presidential campaign that has him at the top of the Republican ticket period.

Biden wouldn't have said it on TV unless there was some possibility of it. When these men are running for President they have to be extremely careful what they say and there must have been some reason why he said that he would run with McCain.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

unosdostres14 said:

Biden wouldn't have said it on TV unless there was some possibility of it. When these men are running for President they have to be extremely careful what they say and there must have been some reason why he said that he would run with McCain.

McCain already stated that the first rumors about McCain/Kerry were false. If McCain really wants to run with Biden, then he can come out and state that. People have already been talking rubish before, and there is nothing to suggest that is not what is going on now. No doubt that Biden would love to run as McCain's VP, so would a lot of people on both sides of the isle, which is just more proof that if McCain wants to be president in 2008, he will be.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Biden-McCain '08!!!!!

STING2 said:

McCain already stated that the first rumors about McCain/Kerry were false. If McCain really wants to run with Biden, then he can come out and state that. People have already been talking rubish before, and there is nothing to suggest that is not what is going on now. No doubt that Biden would love to run as McCain's VP, so would a lot of people on both sides of the isle, which is just more proof that if McCain wants to be president in 2008, he will be.

Eh...I wasn't saying that McCain WILL run with Biden in '08. I'm just saying that when Jon Stewart said, "did i hear 'with?'" Biden said yes.

Back
Top Bottom