best article I've read on on aids in a long time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:

one mistake?:huh::

No matter what Republicans do I dont ever think it will be enough for some.
We will always be labeled as selfish bastards because our methods of addressing problems are not the same as Democrats, long story short..

DB9

And substance? What is the "Republican" method of addressing AIDS in poor countries? What are Republicans offering besides the usual call for personal responsibility? The situation is a little beyond that, unfortunately.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue. We need to take all the ideas we can get. If O'Neil thinks it's building wells, great, let's do that. If Bono says it's debt relief and free trade, yes. If Clinton says it's treatment, that too.

DebbieSG said:

And substance? What is the "Republican" method of addressing AIDS in poor countries? What are Republicans offering besides the usual call for personal responsibility? The situation is a little beyond that, unfortunately.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue. We need to take all the ideas we can get. If O'Neil thinks it's building wells, great, let's do that. If Bono says it's debt relief and free trade, yes. If Clinton says it's treatment, that too.

I have to say I completely agree with this.

The republican party has been VERy dissapointing on this issue. And Bush's tacit dismissal of O neil shows his unwillingness to deal with this in any constructive way.

The biggest turn off towards republican admnistrations to me is there complete idiocy on foreign policy. Last thing I need are a bunch of rednecks the likes trent lott, strom thurman, and jesse helms representing me to the rest of the world. You can say what you want about clinton...but he had agood feel for the world scene and the perception of america around the world.

yes.
Yes.
Clinton was an astute poll reader..crafting each policy after reading each poll that was taken..

Now if he woulda wrote an article on "how to lead a country based on polls"...many would be sold..;)

DB9

Arun V said:

The republican party has been VERy dissapointing on this issue. And Bush's tacit dismissal of O neil shows his unwillingness to deal with this in any constructive way.

Well Arun, you better get with Bono because he said even upon hearing of O Niell's dismisal that he thought this adminstration was STILL very committed to DATA/AIDS relief..
Perhaps you can tell Bono on what to think and say?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps if our economy was even sounder that we could donate even more money to this cause, surpassing the record amount Pres. Bush already donated, which would be a "constructive" move..?

The 3 old bastards you mentioned dont represent the Republican Party as a whole.
You know it, I know it.
That was a cheap shot.:down:

Diamond

diamond said:

Well Arun, you better get with Bono because he said even upon hearing of O Niell's dismisal that he thought this adminstration was STILL very committed to DATA/AIDS relief..

Look we are all here because we love U2.

But really Bono would say anything to get money for AIDS. Do you think he is gonna say: "Well the admin is giving up on AIDS and Bush isnt gonna gove us the money"

AH NOOOOOOO!!!!

bonoman said:

Look we are all here because we love U2.

But really Bono would say anything to get money for AIDS. Do you think he is gonna say: "Well the admin is giving up on AIDS and Bush isnt gonna gove us the money"

AH NOOOOOOO!!!!
Well Im not saying Bono loves Bush.

I will say that Bono sincerely likes Bush and respects him.:larry:

Bono continues to say favorable things in the press about Bush, not simple, generic statements either.:larry:
Things like-
" I know Pres Bush genuinely cares about AIDS/Africa relief."
and
" Pres Bush is going to Africa in January because he sincerely cares on what the world's view is of the USA"..

You see if Bono were paying lip service his responses would be more generic w less detail..:|

Now Edge clearly does NOT like GW.:angry:

Diamond

diamond said:

Well Im not saying Bono loves Bush.

I will say that Bono sincerely likes Bush and respects him.:larry:

Bono continues to say favorable things in the press about Bush, not simple, generic statements either.:larry:
Things like-
" I know Pres Bush genuinely cares about AIDS/Africa relief."
and
" Pres Bush is going to Africa in January because he sincerely cares on what the world's view is of the USA"..

You see if Bono were paying lip service his responses would be more generic w less detail..:|

Now Edge clearly does NOT like GW.:angry:

Diamond

Bush is going to africa because he needs to doa few things...most notably get more oil out of nigeria.

if bush sincerely cared about the world view of teh USA..he'd try to get the peace process int eh mid east on track...would have already made averbal commitment to teh american people to fight aids ....and.......exiled annna nicole smith.

diamond said:

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps if our economy was even sounder that we could donate even more money to this cause, surpassing the record amount Pres. Bush already donated, which would be a "constructive" move..?

The 3 old bastards you mentioned dont represent the Republican Party as a whole.
You know it, I know it.
That was a cheap shot.:down:

Diamond

Diamond teh soundness of teh economy isn't an issue in terms of aids in africa. We already give 15 billion dollars in military aid to israel and god knows how much to the saudis.

what I'm saying is..the money is there if we spend a little smarter. even if the economy is bad

Bonoman is right....bono needs to be a politician if he wants to get what he wants out of bush. Notice that the administration has SAID NOTHING about remaining commited to aids relief despite the departure of o neil.

As for a cheap Shot???

you tell me trent lott doesn't represent the republican party as a whole???

isn't that implied by the term MAJORITY LEADER???

Arun V said:

what I'm saying is..the money is there if we spend a little smarter. even if the economy is bad

Bonoman is right....bono needs to be a politician if he wants to get what he wants out of bush. Notice that the administration has SAID NOTHING about remaining commited to aids relief despite the departure of o neil.

As for a cheap Shot???

decent point, but when the economy is good America historically has been more generous.
Not necessarily right, but a fact regardless who is President.

You told me you havnt seen the CSPAN interviews that I have re Bono saying nice sincere things about Bush.
Until then plez refrain from claiming to know of Bono's true feelings of Bush's. Cuz u dont.

GW will be visiting Africa this Jan keeping his promise he made earlier, Bono said.:|
The difference between this administration and the last is-
-one says, toots his horn, then does what he says he was going to do..
-the other just does.
Bush doesnt toot his horn like Clinton.:|

Trent owns a title only..He is only a figurehead.
For how much longer, his days seemed numbered..
Bush condemned him yesterday.
Yes, it was a cheap shot.
You know it, I know it.

DB9

Last edited:
diamond said:

decent point, but when the economy is good America historically has been more generous.
Not necessarily right, but a fact regardless who is President.

You told me you havnt seen the CSPAN interviews that I have re Bono saying nice sincere things about Bush.
Until then plez refrain from claiming to know of Bono's true feelings of Bush's. Cuz u dont.

GW will be visiting Africa this Jan keeping his promise he made earlier, Bono said.:|
The difference between this administration and the last is-
-one says, toots his horn, then does what he says he was going to do..
-the other just does.
Bush doesnt toot his horn like Clinton.:|

Trent owns a title only..He is only a figurehead.
For how much longer, his days seemed numbered..
Bush condemned him yesterday.
Yes, it was a cheap shot.
You know it, I know it.

DB9

I'm claiming to know bono's intent!!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?

I just said he has to be a bpolitician in this matter

your the one whose saying bono was sincere...whose predicting intent!!?!??!?!

LMAO..diamond....you need to come up with one way to attack an argumetn and make sure that your not committing that mistake yourself.

Diamond...on this forum...if you say anythign against the republican leadership..it's a cheap shot to you. He's repbulibcan leadership..figurehead or not..that's his title. Deal with it if you dont' like him...just say you dont' like him but you think there are other examples of conservatism that are better examples than trent lott....dont' call it a cheap shot.

Diamond...if you want a cheap shot....hows this

Strom THurman...is UNSEXY!!!!!

Last edited:
Arun V said:

1-I'm claiming to know bono's intent!!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?

2-I just said he has to be a bpolitician in this matter

3-your the one whose saying bono was sincere...whose 5-predicting intent!!?!??!?!

4-LMAO..diamond....you need to come up with one way to attack an argumetn and make sure that your not committing that mistake yourself.

5-Diamond...on this forum...if you say anythign against the republican leadership..it's a cheap shot to you. He's repbulibcan leadership..figurehead or not..that's his title. Deal with it if you dont' like him...just say you dont' like him but you think there are other examples of conservatism that are better examples than trent lott....dont' call it a cheap shot.

6-Diamond...if you want a cheap shot....hows this

Strom THurman...is UNSEXY!!!!!

#1-yes. based on what u said.

#2- I disagree based on repeated press releases and live interviews that Ive seen and you have not.:huh:

#3-Iam- based on what I witnessed.

#4-try not to.:)

#5-already said I don t care for him, based on his policies/statements..Guy rubs me wrong. I did say there are better examples of conservatiism than this person, that's why we both know it was a cheap-shot..

#6agreed..esp his racist views..altho he was airborne on D-Day in Normandy..that was sexy back in the day.

thank u-
Diamond
:)

Last edited:
Arun V said:

yeh, Bono is thinking positively here.

This is what I learned in a letter from Barbara Lee:

"Despite the obvious implications of delaying increased funding, the administration has yet to display the sense of urgency that this situation demands. Along with many of my colleagues, I worked hard to include a provision in the FY 2002 Supplemental Appropriations bill that would add an extra $200 million for HIV/AIDS funding, $100 million of which would have gone toward the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. Sadly, the President refused to allow the disbursement of this money, along with other funds."

This trip to Africa in January should be interesting...

Last edited:
DebbieSG said:

yeh, Bono is thinking positively here.

This is what I learned in a letter from Barbara Lee:

"Despite the obvious implications of delaying increased funding, the administration has yet to display the sense of urgency that this situation demands. Along with many of my colleagues, I worked hard to include a provision in the FY 2002 Supplemental Appropriations bill that would add an extra $200 million for HIV/AIDS funding, $100 million of which would have gone toward the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. Sadly, the President refused to allow the disbursement of this money, along with other funds."

This trip to Africa in January should be interesting...

Diamond...you can't predict sincerity....period I don't care how many interviews you've seen I don't care if you did the interviews yourself

If I cannot JUDGE insincerity based on what I've seen...then you have 0.0000000 percent grounds to tell me you can predict sincerity.

ahhh yes....it hurts to be right

Diamond..could you give me some examples of good republicans?
Because I guess every democrat is the spawn of satan..so I guess I better switch parties.

Last edited:
Arun V said:

Let's not forget good old majority whip, Tom DeLay. Boy, if the Republican Party was attempting to look "diverse" and "moderate," they certainly failed with their ultraconservative leadership in Lott and DeLay. :|

Melon

Arun V said:

1-Diamond...you can't predict sincerity....period I don't care how many interviews you've seen I don't care if you did the interviews yourself

2-If I cannot JUDGE insincerity based on what I've seen...then you have 0.0000000 percent grounds to tell me you can predict sincerity.

3-ahhh yes....it hurts to be right

4-Diamond..could you give me some examples of good republicans?
5-
Because I guess every democrat is the spawn of satan..so I guess I better switch parties.

1-
I deal w differnt ppl all day long.
I can tell a bull shit artist a mile away, a transparent oppurtunist, I can tell who a fraud is.
I can tell a sincere person as well.
I deal w the public all day long.:)

2-
Halfpint.
You are a mere child of 20 yrs.
Youre right, you prolly are not a good judge of character, given your age and life's expierences..:)

3-:huh:

4-
Yes.
Sen Robert Bird:mac:
The brooklyn born cleric Rev Al Sharpton
Charles Rangel
Tom Daschle

OOPS those are from your side..sorry:sexywink:
:wave:

Lets try again-
GW Bush
Colin Powell
Reagan
Nixon
Teddy Roosevelt
Jack Kemp
Mitt Romney
William Weld
Rudy Guliani
Gov Pataki
Bill Frist
Mitch McConnell
John Mccain
Thomas Sowell
Ken Hamblin
Arnold Scharstenager
Bruce Willis
Condi Rice
Laura Bush
Barb Bush
GH Bush
Abe Lincoln
Liddy Dole

there are more but Im concerned about bandwidth:)

5-No no Democrats are ppl too..:)

Diamond
:dance:

Diamond as much as it seems we disagree. Man you are wrong about Bono. Just because you seen some interviews and read some newspapers make you no expert on Bono. Have you ever noticed bono says alot of the same lines over and over? Ya thats because they're good lines and he has become a politicion over th elast few years.

I am sorry but you saying you know that he is sincere cannot be proven and really has no merit.

ANYONE CAN LIE....EVEN BONO!!!!

bonoman said:
Diamond as much as it seems we disagree. Man you are wrong about Bono. Just because you seen some interviews and read some newspapers make you no expert on Bono. Have you ever noticed bono says alot of the same lines over and over? Ya thats because they're good lines and he has become a politicion over th elast few years.

I am sorry but you saying you know that he is sincere cannot be proven and really has no merit.

ANYONE CAN LIE....EVEN BONO!!!!
Bonofellow-
Listen.
You are 20 yrs old.
I was attending my first U2 concert when you were still wetting the bed.
I ve been to every tour since War in the early 80s.
I was buying U2 records, listening to Bono when you were in still in diapers.:)

In real life, Ive dealt w Bono up close.
I know when he genuinely likes someone or when hes going thru the motions.:|
You shouldnt be bothered by his openmindedness.
You and a few others need to get past this, welcome it, and not feel threatened.

Peace-

Diamond

Last edited:
PLease dont refer to my age as a bad thing...look at it as a good thing. Fresh thinking.

You cannot possibly be convinced you and Bono are mates. Because in my opinion th eonly one that can speak of Bono's chartacter and be for sure are close people to him. Sorry you cant convince me.

bonoman said:
PLease dont refer to my age as a bad thing...look at it as a good thing. Fresh thinking.

You cannot possibly be convinced you and Bono are mates. Because in my opinion th eonly one that can speak of Bono's chartacter and be for sure are close people to him. Sorry you cant convince me.

Bonofellow-
your age is not the issue at hand.
I never claimed to be Bono's mate.:|

You seem to "know" he is lying..and to that I disagree.

Peace-

DB9
:)

Last edited:
bonoman said:

Other than missing my wife and children....
I would love to be 19 again....

I was muuuuucccchhhhh more liberal then!

I could run 2 miles in 10:40.

Party all night....and the next day....wooohoooooo

Now.....2 miles 25 minutes......

Fall asleep before the party.....nap the next day too....

Don't play the age game. I can run circles around a lot of you guys double my age. :sexywink:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom