Best And Worst Of 2004 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2004, 03:23 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Hey he still has some time left for more

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/b...shisms2004.htm

I've been trying to think of a most inspirational person of 04. Maybe for me the soldiers who died and were injured in Iraq. Their dedication and willingness to put their lives on the line inspires me.

Sadly I can't think of a best personal moment, maybe 05 will be better. Sometimes just seeing the sun come up every day can be a best personal moment. OK, I thought of one-meeting President Clinton at a book signing-also President Carter at his. Also getting my picture taken w/ Johnny Damon meeting Curt Schilling very briefly was great too.

Inspirational politician - Barack Obama at the DNC -positive speech. And I agree w/ Gavin Newsom too-he has political courage

Old 12-13-2004, 03:59 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Most influential political figure-Me (hey, I did convince one of Kerry's top aides to choose Edwards! )

Most inspirational person-doesn't have to be from politics-call me crazy but John Kerry. He seemed stiff to most but to ME he was an inspiration to keep up the fight. I still do love the man.

Most inspirational event- tough one...I'll have to get back to you on that.

Most horrific world event/best, most positive world event
Horrific-Abu Ghirab
Positive-handing over the power to Iraqis 2 days earlier than scheduled.
Dumbest quote from a politician/world leader-"Go fk yourself." ~Dick Cheney

Smartest quote from a politician/world leader-"Shove it!" ~The wonderful THK

Biggest disappointment (in general, not necessarily politics)-THE ELECTION. Still whenever I see Kerry or Edwards I get a sinking pain in my chest.

The thing in 2004 that most needs to change in 2005-the backwards ideology of closed mindedness in this country.

Old 12-13-2004, 04:03 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Maybe my smartest quote from a politician would be Ted Kennedy calling Iraq a "quagmire" Uh, yeah..

Or anything John Kerry said about Bruce
Old 12-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Most influential political figure--George W. Bush
Most inspirational person--Barack Obama
Most inspirational event--Red Sox winning
Most horrific event--poisoning of Viktor Yushchenko
Biggest disappointment--the election
Thing that needs to change the most--the situation in Iraq
Old 12-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:05 PM
Most influential political figure: President George W. Bush

Most inspirational person-doesn't have to be from politics: Ateqeh Sahaleh the 16 year old girl who was hanged by the mullah's for acting in a manner unbecoming of chastity and for having a "sharp toungue" during her trial.

Most inspirational event: The death of Yasser Arafat and the crumbling of the PLO Gangsters.

Most horrific world event/best, most positive world event: The Assault upon Fallujah.

Dumbest quote from a politician/world leader: Abu Mazen: "Yes, we apologise for what we have done" - the ignorance is when people believe him.

Smartest quote from a politician/world leader: To be perfectly honest I have heard very few smart quotes from any political leaders this year.

Biggest disappointment (in general, not necessarily politics): The utter blindness of the general population to the food for oil scam, a rip off that costed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives and dwarfed the major company collapses like Enron / The fact that Kofi Annan is still in the job and all calls for him to step down are labelled right wing slurs on his character.

The thing in 2004 that most needs to change in 2005: The new armour for the HMMWV needs to be put on quicker.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:06 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:05 PM
Re: Re: Re: Best And Worst Of 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by angel_of_L.A.
The thing in 2004 that most needs to change in 2005

The polarization of our country needs to be addressed by Bush. Both red and blue states must come together for the good of the country. Blue states have to stop looking at red states as if they were backwards, stupid and out of touch. They have to put their "elitism" (for lack of a better word) and reach out to the heartland. The red states have to stop looking the blue states as if the latter were moral-less, liberal wankers who don't care about family values and God. Most importantly, both sides have to stop LABELING each other! Labels are a cop out; a way of distracting from the larger problems at hand and an easy way to blame others instead of looking within.
*Stands up and s* Excellent answer-I couldn't agree more.

I liked your other answers, too .

Angela