Bernie Kerik to replace Ridge? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2004, 04:35 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
A friend told me that kerik is a Czech word meaning...wait for it...little bush.
Cool, a Czech in the Cabinet!

Old 12-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Another New Yorker in the U.S. Cabinet!

I know Commissioner Bernie Kerik. As NYCPD Commish, he went out of his way -- and without any fanfare -- to include all groups and all persuasions. Every June, he was at Mayor RUDY's Gay Pride Celebration at Gracie Mansion. Police Commish KERIK made a visible point of being at the annual Gay Pride Parade! Clearly, another Republican shuns the stereotypes. After September 11, 2001, with dozens of his police comrades murdered in the Twin Towers attackS and the worst American "police situation" in history, I do not know how he's still functioning. Bernie is a very strong, determined, knowledgeable, polite and loyal person.

Not for nothing but KERIK will far outshine his predecessor!

Old 12-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #18
The Fly

Verte knows of KERIK!

Quote:
Originally posted by Verte76
I've never heard of the guy until now.
Verte, trust me, U've not only heard of him but U've seen him on t.v. endless times. Like so many people -- myself included -- U were shell-shocked! And, there was so much going on around-the-clock and from so many quarters. Starting with the very afternoon of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, NYCPD Commish KERIK was giving new and updated reports on local, national and international t.v. channels. He was on all news channels and news shows -- frequently with "live" news conferences -- for at least 100 or more consistent days. Some days he had four or five televised on-the-scene news conferences. That's how he got to be known by ALL of the media and most of America. BERNIE was on the news second only to NYC Mayor RUDY GIULIANI -- who was very successful in seeing that BK deservedly got this Homeland Security position.

Thanks, Suitcased Headache, for the great and comprehensive photo collague of NYC's Mr. KERIK.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:37 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

BREAKING NEWS: Bernard Kerik, President Bush's choice for homeland security chief, has withdrawn his name from consideration, a White House statement says. Details soon.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:07 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

It's another so-called "nanny issue".
Old 12-11-2004, 07:17 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

You know there's more to it than that. There always is in politics.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:03 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, there is more, there was at least one other controversy mentioned in the story in my ISP's headlines. I think it had something to do with $$, which doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

There's another rumor that he had an affair w/ Judith Regan
Old 12-13-2004, 09:00 AM   #24
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:05 PM
Uh, I'd just like to congratulate the Bush administration, for nominating a man who is not only unqualified for the job in the first place, but as it turns out is hopelessly corrupt to boot.

Hopefully, this will prevent a few people from judging the next guy by how he comes across on TV.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #25
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Honestly, you would think that a man with skeletons in his closet would quietly turn down a nomination like this, knowing all of this would eventually come out.

And I've never understood the process of nominating someone for an important position first and checking into their background afterward. Its such a waste of time to nominate someone and find out later they aren't qualified or to have them withdraw when something in his/her past pops up.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:03 AM   #26
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Honestly, you would think that a man with skeletons in his closet would quietly turn down a nomination like this, knowing all of this would eventually come out.
This guy had enough skeletons in his closet to furnish a generation of high-school biology classes. What makes it even worse is that the White House is swearing up and down that the only thing that surprised them was the nanny!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:53 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Talk about having egg in their faces.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:02 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Mr. Kerik was told that skeptics in city government circles were questioning the very existence of the nanny, and he was pressed to provide any kind of evidence to document that she was real. But after taking time to consider the request, Mr. Kerik again decided to remain silent on the subject.

Most puzzled about the nanny, perhaps, are former neighbors of the Keriks and their kin. In the Riverdale section of the Bronx, where the family lived in a first-floor apartment for years before moving last year into the Franklin Lakes home they had extensively renovated, neighbors did not recall any household help. One neighbor, Dennis Doyle, noted that Mr. Kerik's wife, Hala Matli Kerik, a former dental hygienist, not only seemed to care for Celine, now 4, by herself, but that she did her own laundry as well.

In the blue-collar neighborhood of Elmwood Park, N.J., where Mrs. Kerik's mother, Zakia, lived in a rented duplex for years, neighbors reacted with surprise to questions about a nanny, and said that Mrs. Kerik's mother had moved into the Kerik home about a year ago.

"They never came around here with a nanny," said Sophie Borsuk, 55, the longtime landlady and downstairs neighbor of Mrs. Kerik's mother. "I never saw any nanny. This is the first time I heard about a nanny."