Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
I don't know if u already seen it before , but , so this came up in a magazine here , in the retrospective of 2006 ..... The marriage of Sgt . Ty Ziegel , of the US military , Before Iraq he looked like :

http://archive.reduxpictures.com/gps.aspx?pid=6938485

After a bombing , and lots of surgeries :

http://archive.reduxpictures.com/Co...=0&rstid=9e021fb6-dd42-4e1b-bddc-a89e484eb310

I wonder if the part of the country , the people who supported it like rooting for a game , or that channel Fox News have seen this

Last edited:
A friend of mine was injured by a bomb when his vehicle got hit. His arm was all messed up for a long time. Compared to this guy, he's rather lucky. :( It was weird though, even after the injury, he couldn't wait to go back to Iraq and was bummed by how long the recovery took. He told us before he left that his goal is to become a chaplain. The military is his entire life.

I believe we are close to or just over the 3,000 US soldiers killed mark. As far as the numbers injured, it's near 25,000. They say 1 in 4 returning soldiers will have long-term health problems.

Of course, if you look at the Iraqi numbers, it's even worse. We're talking about 60,000+ civilian deaths, and I don't even know about the civilian injuries or Iraqui military numbers.

apparently his bride appears to love him very much, which is a great thing, rare in this day and age.

dbs

What I don't like to think , but she's human , and I'd never blame her for that , but what if One day she wakes up in the middle of night look at side , see him and gets scared ..... Or worse , they have children and they are scared of their father ......

Jesus something like this , or she wanting divorce , I don't think he could take it

This single image resumes all the disgust this war is

J_NP said:
This single image resumes all the disgust this war is

I think something like this is what does it for me

Not that it makes it OK or any less severe, but our men and women chose to be in the military. Everyday, innocent kids and babies are blown up or burned because of not only something they didn't choose, but can't even understand.

Back
Top Bottom