Bearing false witness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
financeguy said:

How about this one? Guess what, I don't need an intermediary, because I have my own Bible.

Then please consult it regarding the issues discussed in this thread and get back to me!

I did so use a quote, here it is again!:

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy;
when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall
be a light unto me."

(Micah Chapter 7, verse 8)

And don't be so bloody patronising.

shart1780 said:
LOL come on dude. I am not full of hate. You're just being completely unbelievable, and it honestly does make me angry (the kind of anger Jesus called "righeous anger")./B]

So you are permitted "righteous anger" and I am not? Interesting.

financeguy said:
Specifically, conservative Christians have claimed that America is a Christian nation (false, as America was founded on liberty for all and separation of Church and state)

If you would just address that one, simple point then I might give your views more credence.

shart1780 said:

The Bible is also very clear about homosexuality. God says it's a sin. Does that mean a homosexual can't get into Heaven? No. The Bible does say though that a child of God will not continue in sin. This means that a homosexual that comes to God will not continue in that lifestyle without an effort to change.

NO IT'S NOT. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

You show me one piece of evidence where God or Jesus speaks about homosexualtly, not man, in the Bible and I'll believe you.

Bonovosupastar raises a good point.

So, I, the so-called infidel, am the only one to actually use a genuine Bible quote in this thread. Strange.

The right wing couldn't even come up with a decent quote to justify their hatred of gays. Well, I suppose if we give them a few hours, they'll come up with something.

Alternatively, they'll just accuse me of something I'm not guilty of, seeing as no-one here knows anything of my religious views or experiences, and at this stage, probably never will.

financeguy said:
Bonovosupastar raises a good point.

So, I, the so-called infidel, am the only one to actually use a genuine Bible quote in this thread. Strange.

The right wing couldn't even come up with a decent quote to justify their hatred of gays. Well, I suppose if we give them a few hours, they'll come up with something.

Alternatively, they'll just accuse me of something I'm not guilty of, seeing as no-one here knows anything of my religious views or experiences, and at this stage, probably never will.

No they'll use Leviticus and they'll use Paul but after that they have nothing. They have absolutley nothing that comes directly out of God's tablets or Jesus' teachings.

Yet preachings of divorce and infedilty which have many backings, they won't do shit about, because that may affect their congregation.

financeguy said:
shart1780 and macfistowannabe, your posts are so filled with bile and hatred, I actually am genuinely concerned for your mental wellbeing. To then quote the Bible in support of your sickening hypocrisy, almost make me want to puke.
No comment, this is not even worth arguing over.

shart1780 said:
This thread is full of hypocrisy and hilarity.

The most misinterpreted part of the Bible is the part which contains the overused phrase "do not judge". That's not the whole verse, people. The whole verse is "do not judge LEST YOU BE JUDGED!". Do not attempt to remove a speck from your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. "Do not judge" has been used as an excuse for ignorance of the Bible far too long, but I don't see it changing any time soon. Maybe you're the ones misleading by misquoting the Bible?

Also, it commands christians to judge righteously. Judge righeously, that would be according to the Bible. What the Bible says goes, period, and anyone who disagrees with the Bible is wrong, and God says so.

The Bible is also very clear about homosexuality. God says it's a sin. Does that mean a homosexual can't get into Heaven? No. The Bible does say though that a child of God will not continue in sin. This means that a homosexual that comes to God will not continue in that lifestyle without an effort to change.

And please, if you're trying to make a point about the God, don't quote Bono. He's not God, and the verses in his songs are meaningless compared to the Bible's.

Also, please, PLEASE don't tell me that some things the Bible says should be discounted because of the fact that the Bible was written through men. If this is true then there's really no point in reading the Bible at all, considering every other line could be a misinterpretation. If anything that the Bible says is untrue then my God is a liar and a fraud. I may as well toss my Bible out the window. Take the Bible as the absolute truth or absolute trash. It can't be both. I'm tired of so called christians cherry-picking the commandments they wish to follow.

Oh, and if you disagree with me on any of these points I'll point you to the exact scriptures which state these Biblical facts.
:wave: :up: :applaud:

Ok, so you're argument consists of:-

(1) saying its not worth arguing over and

(2) repeating someone else's post

Macfisto, hopefully in college they'll teach you something about reason and logic, then you may be able to come back and make your own arguments instead of repeating someone else's or engaging in random chat.

Alright, with all due respect to those who posted here, I do think the thread has run its course.

Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom