Bearing false witness - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2005, 10:25 PM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
all christians are the devil
everybody is going to hell
fuck muslims
fuck jews
fuck bush
fuck me

wow. feels good to be just like everybody else
No one has claimed that here, why would you say that?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:27 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Yes, but judging the judgemental is being judgemental.
True, just like judging evil is judgemental. Deal with it, you know? I mean, otherwise, how can there be a basis for morality?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:27 PM   #48
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:29 AM
That's all very true. It now becomes 2 wrongs. I don't know financeguy's religious persuasion but I know mine and I am not a follower of the words of the Bible. It doesn't mean I am without hypocrisy. But as I am not a Christian by most known definable terms (or label of), then this isn't about me. It's about those who use the words of the bible which are only interpreted and loosely at that (but that's another thread), to live by/adhere to or whatever, such claims which by the very book they have all their faith in is still actually a wrong or a sin. Isn't it a selective hypocrisy? It doesn't make those of us who question this free from wrong or sin or even hypocrisy, but the questions dont lift it for those this is asked of either.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:28 PM   #49
Jesus Online

Sorry, the above was in response to macfistowannabe's quote of my post a few replies up...I type slow.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:29 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:29 AM
I'll hold my peace until I find a rational person and a more meaningful thread to post on. I'm done here, so I hope you've enjoyed offending people.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:35 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I'll hold my peace until I find a rational person and a more meaningful thread to post on. I'm done here, so I hope you've enjoyed offending people.
Who do you mean, Macfisto? No-one intended offending anyone, what caused you offence ? (I'm really not getting this)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy
What are you talking about,U2Bonogirl? You implied I wasn't a Christian, how do you know what I am?
Read her last line.... I think she just wants a little lovin'.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #53
ONE
love, blood, life

Indeed, I take your point.

We will hopefully continue this discussion at some future date. Certain questions I feel have been left hanging.

The moral majority retreats, hiding behind a veil of its own mediocrity.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:48 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Read her last line.... I think she just wants a little lovin'.

I wouldnt argue with that one bit!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:54 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:29 PM
This thread is full of hypocrisy and hilarity.

The most misinterpreted part of the Bible is the part which contains the overused phrase "do not judge". That's not the whole verse, people. The whole verse is "do not judge LEST YOU BE JUDGED!". Do not attempt to remove a speck from your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. "Do not judge" has been used as an excuse for ignorance of the Bible far too long, but I don't see it changing any time soon. Maybe you're the ones misleading by misquoting the Bible?

Also, it commands christians to judge righteously. Judge righeously, that would be according to the Bible. What the Bible says goes, period, and anyone who disagrees with the Bible is wrong, and God says so.

The Bible is also very clear about homosexuality. God says it's a sin. Does that mean a homosexual can't get into Heaven? No. The Bible does say though that a child of God will not continue in sin. This means that a homosexual that comes to God will not continue in that lifestyle without an effort to change.

And please, if you're trying to make a point about the God, don't quote Bono. He's not God, and the verses in his songs are meaningless compared to the Bible's.

Also, please, PLEASE don't tell me that some things the Bible says should be discounted because of the fact that the Bible was written through men. If this is true then there's really no point in reading the Bible at all, considering every other line could be a misinterpretation. If anything that the Bible says is untrue then my God is a liar and a fraud. I may as well toss my Bible out the window. Take the Bible as the absolute truth or absolute trash. It can't be both. I'm tired of so called christians cherry-picking the commandments they wish to follow.

Oh, and if you disagree with me on any of these points I'll point you to the exact scriptures which state these Biblical facts.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:54 PM   #56
Jesus Online

Quote:
Indeed, I take your point.

We will hopefully continue this discussion at some future date. Certain questions I feel have been left hanging.

The moral majority retreats, hiding behind a veil of its own mediocrity.
I dont get the offence either, but at your last line I'd tell you to fuck off for sure

On topic and to be serious though, I do want to hear the reponses to the questions. Hopefully we can all get through the offences and find a way.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Who do you mean, Macfisto? No-one intended offending anyone, what caused you offence ? (I'm really not getting this)
You have a lot of explaining to do, to clarify how others are judgemental and how you aren't. Your attacks on a faith system which I believe in were a start, if you want to know how you only begun offending anyone. You had to carry it out to state that you're willing to devote your life to end conservative Christianity. Please, practice this tolerance you preach of. As I suggested earlier, this thread is not in my best interest, I'll probably come back to see your piety shine unlike the rest of us. My interpretation of your posts is that you're looking for a bone to pick.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:20 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

shart1780 and macfistowannabe, your posts are so filled with bile and hatred, I actually am genuinely concerned for your mental wellbeing. To then quote the Bible in support of your sickening hypocrisy, almost make me want to puke.

Incidentally, this is a U2 forum. One would assume that people posting on here would actually believe in some of the things U2 believe in, obviously not.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:23 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

Oh, and if you disagree with me on any of these points I'll point you to the exact scriptures which state these Biblical facts.
How about this one? Guess what, I don't need an intermediary, because I have my own Bible.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:25 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:29 PM
LOL come on dude. I am not full of hate. You're just being completely unbelievable, and it honestly does make me angry (the kind of anger Jesus called "righeous anger"). You're condemning us for misquoting the Bible yet I haven't seen you post one shred of scripture.

You're also judging us, which in your own words is against the Bible.