Bearing false witness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A_Wanderer said:
Laying your life down in the fight against conservative christianity, I will join you in that fight when large numbers of conservative christians begin supporting extremist elements who want to kill us all.

Atheists and Jews

The last days are fast approaching

Accept Jesus
or be destroyed in flames

It is written

I didn't think financeguy could have been more succinct. :huh: Perhaps I will be written off as I concur completely with his questions. And wow, worthy of noting today - I agree with Jamila lol.

Pity this thread cannot be discussed as I am very curious as to how this works from a Christian perspective. I've never understood the thin line in what was already posted.

u2bonogirl said:

I agree that christians have no right to be accusing you of anything. actually its really none of their business.
It irks me when christians go around acting all holy when theyre probably at home yelling at their wife or screwing someone over at work.
but still, using something aganst somebody that you dont even believe in is kinda lame

Hmmmm....the quote at the end of my posts indicates to you what exactly?

Macfistowannabe, I think that is the whole point. Christians, certain individuals in the name of Christianity at least, claim that it IS the will of god to do X, X and Z.

See?

Angela Harlem said:
I didn't think financeguy could have been more succinct. :huh: Perhaps I will be written off as I concur completely with his questions. And wow, worthy of noting today - I agree with Jamila lol.

Angela Harlem, you are so cool.

I am pointing out that people who choose to get that pent up over one particular section of religious fundamentalists but will deny the threat from others are blinkered in their views. Fundamentalism defined as following the teachings of your religion exactly, be it peacefully or violently. A fundamentalist Muslim may simply reject modernity and live a pure Islamic life without technology, fundamentalism does not by denote violence.

Christianity was involved in the crusades (which made strategic sense stemming the tide of Islamic expansion during that period ~ there were horrible crimes by both sides), the inquisition, witch trials and pogroms but it was able to change and move forward during the enlightenment and many of the violent measures were abolished. These christian conservative nuts who believe in revelations and attacking gays are bad and they are not my ally - condemning one thing does not mean accepting another.

Last edited:
deep said:
Atheists and Jews

The last days are fast approaching

Accept Jesus
or be destroyed in flames

It is written
And I can say fuck off to them and leave it at that. If they were to then attack people or start calling for people to be attacked then there would be an issue.

Last edited:
What are you talking about,U2Bonogirl? You implied I wasn't a Christian, how do you know what I am?

financeguy said:
What are you talking about,U2Bonogirl? You implied I wasn't a Christian, how do you know what I am?

Well if you are, say you are, if you aren't say you aren't. Don't try to trap someone for your pleasure. Just speak truth.

You stand at a crossroads where if she goes one way you can flatten her, or if she goes the other way you can flatten her. Be a gentleman and just speak directly.

Not a chance. I'm not falling into that kind of trap. Read the blurb at the end of my posts, consider it, and consider, what does it lead you to?

That's all I feel I need to say, this is not a religious website and there is no requirement to align oneself to any religious grouping, and I choose not to, for the purposes of this discussion. Having said that, what I am is evident from the book cited below.

Angela Harlem said:
Macfistowannabe, I think that is the whole point. Christians, certain individuals in the name of Christianity at least, claim that it IS the will of god to do X, X and Z.

See?
Yes, but judging the judgemental is being judgemental. Considering I've never had any desire to attack this guy, it was a little surprising (and believe me, I'm really trying to be a good sport here) that my personal beliefs, which I express openly, but respectfully, are the basis for a personal attack on nearly every conservative Christian here. I'm not a big fan of liberalism, but I've tried to be respectful to those whom I disagree with.

I do believe in a loving, just, and fair God, and I follow the way of life that I interpret through The Bible. I do see hypocrisy in Christians as well, and I try to present myself as someone who is loving, but obedient to the principles that govern my decisions. But you know what? Hypocrisy is EVERYWHERE. Everyone is a hypocrite at some point. If I'm throwing a pissy fit, I'm sorry. I'm sorry my personal beliefs are different from other people's.

Macfistowannabe said:
Yes, but judging the judgemental is being judgemental. Considering I've never had any desire to attack this guy, it was a little surprising (and believe me, I'm really trying to be a good sport here) that my personal beliefs, which I express openly, but respectfully, are the basis for a personal attack on nearly every conservative Christian here. I'm not a big fan of liberalism, but I've tried to be respectful to those whom I disagree with.

Hi there! Is that me you're talkin about? As in "this guy"? If so, speak now, or forever hold your peace, kid!

u2bonogirl said:
all christians are the devil
everybody is going to hell
fuck muslims
fuck jews
fuck bush
fuck me

wow. feels good to be just like everybody else:D

No one has claimed that here, why would you say that?

Macfistowannabe said:
Yes, but judging the judgemental is being judgemental.

True, just like judging evil is judgemental. Deal with it, you know? I mean, otherwise, how can there be a basis for morality?

That's all very true. It now becomes 2 wrongs. I don't know financeguy's religious persuasion but I know mine and I am not a follower of the words of the Bible. It doesn't mean I am without hypocrisy. But as I am not a Christian by most known definable terms (or label of), then this isn't about me. It's about those who use the words of the bible which are only interpreted and loosely at that (but that's another thread), to live by/adhere to or whatever, such claims which by the very book they have all their faith in is still actually a wrong or a sin. Isn't it a selective hypocrisy? It doesn't make those of us who question this free from wrong or sin or even hypocrisy, but the questions dont lift it for those this is asked of either.

I'll hold my peace until I find a rational person and a more meaningful thread to post on. I'm done here, so I hope you've enjoyed offending people.

Macfistowannabe said:
I'll hold my peace until I find a rational person and a more meaningful thread to post on. I'm done here, so I hope you've enjoyed offending people.

Who do you mean, Macfisto? No-one intended offending anyone, what caused you offence ? (I'm really not getting this)

financeguy said:

Read her last line.... I think she just wants a little lovin'. :wink:

Indeed, I take your point.

We will hopefully continue this discussion at some future date. Certain questions I feel have been left hanging.

The moral majority retreats, hiding behind a veil of its own mediocrity.

This thread is full of hypocrisy and hilarity.

The most misinterpreted part of the Bible is the part which contains the overused phrase "do not judge". That's not the whole verse, people. The whole verse is "do not judge LEST YOU BE JUDGED!". Do not attempt to remove a speck from your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. "Do not judge" has been used as an excuse for ignorance of the Bible far too long, but I don't see it changing any time soon. Maybe you're the ones misleading by misquoting the Bible?

Also, it commands christians to judge righteously. Judge righeously, that would be according to the Bible. What the Bible says goes, period, and anyone who disagrees with the Bible is wrong, and God says so.

The Bible is also very clear about homosexuality. God says it's a sin. Does that mean a homosexual can't get into Heaven? No. The Bible does say though that a child of God will not continue in sin. This means that a homosexual that comes to God will not continue in that lifestyle without an effort to change.

And please, if you're trying to make a point about the God, don't quote Bono. He's not God, and the verses in his songs are meaningless compared to the Bible's.

Also, please, PLEASE don't tell me that some things the Bible says should be discounted because of the fact that the Bible was written through men. If this is true then there's really no point in reading the Bible at all, considering every other line could be a misinterpretation. If anything that the Bible says is untrue then my God is a liar and a fraud. I may as well toss my Bible out the window. Take the Bible as the absolute truth or absolute trash. It can't be both. I'm tired of so called christians cherry-picking the commandments they wish to follow.

Oh, and if you disagree with me on any of these points I'll point you to the exact scriptures which state these Biblical facts.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Indeed, I take your point.

We will hopefully continue this discussion at some future date. Certain questions I feel have been left hanging.

The moral majority retreats, hiding behind a veil of its own mediocrity.

I dont get the offence either, but at your last line I'd tell you to fuck off for sure :D

On topic and to be serious though, I do want to hear the reponses to the questions. Hopefully we can all get through the offences and find a way.
:up:

financeguy said:
Who do you mean, Macfisto? No-one intended offending anyone, what caused you offence ? (I'm really not getting this)
You have a lot of explaining to do, to clarify how others are judgemental and how you aren't. Your attacks on a faith system which I believe in were a start, if you want to know how you only begun offending anyone. You had to carry it out to state that you're willing to devote your life to end conservative Christianity. Please, practice this tolerance you preach of. As I suggested earlier, this thread is not in my best interest, I'll probably come back to see your piety shine unlike the rest of us. My interpretation of your posts is that you're looking for a bone to pick.

shart1780 and macfistowannabe, your posts are so filled with bile and hatred, I actually am genuinely concerned for your mental wellbeing. To then quote the Bible in support of your sickening hypocrisy, almost make me want to puke.

Incidentally, this is a U2 forum. One would assume that people posting on here would actually believe in some of the things U2 believe in, obviously not.

shart1780 said:

Oh, and if you disagree with me on any of these points I'll point you to the exact scriptures which state these Biblical facts.

How about this one? Guess what, I don't need an intermediary, because I have my own Bible.

LOL come on dude. I am not full of hate. You're just being completely unbelievable, and it honestly does make me angry (the kind of anger Jesus called "righeous anger"). You're condemning us for misquoting the Bible yet I haven't seen you post one shred of scripture.

You're also judging us, which in your own words is against the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom