Battleground states for November 2008 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 03-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Originally posted by U2DMfan

In fact, McCain is a well known politician, very favorably looked upon and while he's in trouble for being in bed with Bush, is still seen as a straight shooter.

I think once it becomes a one on one campaign, a lot of McCain's recent flip flops and the fact that his lips have touched Bush's ass far too much will rub a lot of the independents the wrong way. I don't think he can sell the "straight shooter" image anymore like he could have in 2000.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Originally posted by U2DMfan
What gives anyone in their right mind the idea that Obama would have a similar following once the Republicans spend a few hundred million dollars expalining to the country how liberal he is?
We've had Democrats elected before, conservative-leaning or not. You don't think the Republicans in those elections tossed out the word "liberal" numerous times?

I think it's quite simple: the Republican Party is weak right now because of its failures and its perceived failures. I think someone like Obama can definitely win.