Baseball bat abortion - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America

Well come on. DNA doesn't make a baby, I have DNA in my hair.

Look at it this way. An 8 week old fetus when taken out of the womb will not develop into a child. It's a clump of cells. It takes more than a sperm hitting an egg to make a baby.
What a tiny concept. It's all about picking and choosing. As long as there's a doctor around, it seems you approve of anything.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
What a tiny concept. None of you have replied to my post about picking and choosing. As long as there's a doctor around, it seems you approve of anything.
doctors don't hit women with baseball bats.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:06 PM   #123
War Child

Local Time: 09:18 AM
And you are picking and choosing about the woman's life. Wouldn't you rather see a woman taken care of by a doctor rather than a bat? That is something you aren't answering!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

So it's the weapon used that brings you to this conclusion, although the female was willing to go through with it. Liberal mindset has it that a woman can do whatever she wants with her body. That mindset can defend prostitution as well, but primarily, it can also defend this young woman's choice to have her boyfriend beat her with a bat. Nice mindset, it's real clever.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
And you are picking and choosing about the woman's life. Wouldn't you rather see a woman taken care of by a doctor rather than a bat? That is something you aren't answering!
I don't support either form of taking an innocent life. Now if the woman was a cancer patient, yes I would rather have a doctor take care of her.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #126
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
So it's the weapon used that brings you to this conclusion, although the female was willing to go through with it. Liberal mindset has it that a woman can do whatever she wants with her body. That mindset can defend prostitution as well, but primarily, it can also defend this young woman's choice to have her boyfriend beat her with a bat. Nice mindset, it's real clever.
if you're asking about prostitution, yes it should be legal, and regulated -- keeps everybody safer. works well in the Netherlands.

yes, women can do whatever they want with their bodies. and they have to live with the consequences, whether that's having a lifetime of fantastic sex with many anonymous partners, getting an STD the first time you have sex, having an abortion and living life filled with regret, or having an abortion and knowing she did the right thing for herself.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

if you're asking about prostitution, yes it should be legal, and regulated -- keeps everybody safer. works well in the Netherlands.

yes, women can do whatever they want with their bodies. and they have to live with the consequences, whether that's having a lifetime of fantastic sex with many anonymous partners, getting an STD the first time you have sex, having an abortion and living life filled with regret, or having an abortion and knowing she did the right thing for herself.
How about a "woman's right to allow her boyfriend to beat the piss out of her with a baseball bat?" Would you like to defend that? I hope this couple gets some serious counseling. I wonder how they could dream up anything more awful.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #128
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:18 PM
What's done is done, nothing can change that.

I think more importantly in this case, the issues that need to be addressed are the ones that would drive a young man and a young woman to take such drastic and barbaric measures into their own hands.

Think about it.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #129
War Child

Local Time: 09:18 AM
Quote:
I like how you haven't answered the issue of sex-ed. If you aren't going to educate the public as to what true responsibility sex is then your starch stance on abortion is useless.

Do you realize that there are teens that still think they can tell if someone is "clean" by looking at them, that they won't get pregnant certain times of the month, that the "pull out" method is safe, and then there are teens that have had absolutely no sex ed whatsoever. Conservatives are so damn scared to talk about sex with their children for fear of promoting sex that it's led to generations of kids teaching themselves. There is such a movement of abstinence only or nothing at all that many kids are slipping through the cracks.

What's clever is you can't see beyond your small frame of life. You've never been a girl at the age of 15 and pregnant, in fact you never will know what that feels like.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I like how you haven't answered the issue of sex-ed. If you aren't going to educate the public as to what true responsibility sex is then your starch stance on abortion is useless.

Do you realize that there are teens that still think they can tell if someone is "clean" by looking at them, that they won't get pregnant certain times of the month, that the "pull out" method is safe, and then there are teens that have had absolutely no sex ed whatsoever. Conservatives are so damn scared to talk about sex with their children for fear of promoting sex that it's led to generations of kids teaching themselves. There is such a movement of abstinence only or nothing at all that many kids are slipping through the cracks.

What's clever is you can't see beyond your small frame of life. You've never been a girl at the age of 15 and pregnant, in fact you never will know what that feels like.
Before you posted on these forums, I talked quite a bit about sex-ed. I think both abstinence and protection should be taught. I'm assuming you weren't a 15 year old pregnant female before either, so what's the point? May I assume you don't know what it's like to be a convicted murderer either? My concern is not about "being scared", it's about a widely accepted form of flushing an innocent life down the toilet. I don't think we're teaching enough sex ed. I think it should be as important as math.

What gets me is the people who basically play with fire and expect not to get burned. People are simply refusing to take responsibility for their actions. The mentality is this simple: I don't want my baby, so I'm going to kill it.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #131
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Who said that?
I was asking. I know you don't have a blase attitude toward legal abortion, but at least it's done in a safe environment which doesn't envoke this same reaction as this case does.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't see why any of us are so shocked by this case. If you think it's so awful you should either accept safe, legal abortion or make sure that women/girls don't get pregnant in the first place (that means be willing to promote and pay for contraceptives, even if you don't personally care for them). If you don't want to allow abortions, you need to be willing to come up with a VIABLE alternative (and having the baby is not always viable), instead of just being horrified. Making abortion illegal (or even mostly illegal) will make this type of case much more common. So don't be so shocked.

How about this for an idea to eliminate most (but not all) abortions -- all people (male and female) should be on birth control until they document that they are willing and able to have and support any children they may create.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think Indra has a valid point about why alternatives should be presented. Of course we can't forget about adoption. It was legal last time I checked.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #134
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think Indra has a valid point about why alternatives should be presented. Of course we can't forget about adoption. It was legal last time I checked.
But one must bear the baby first. Sometimes, for various reasons, that isn't viable.

And you know it irks me when people talk about not being able to get an adoptable baby because there are so many abortions (yes, I know I'm going off on a tangent here). Makes the pregnant woman sound like a cow or something. I sure wouldn't want to be someone's cow...just a means for someone else to have a child. And yet that's how it often sounds when some people promote adoption (not all, but enough to make it seem not much better than the human equivalent of a puppy mill). If I'm pregnant, and didn't want to be in the first place, the last thing I'm going to want to feel like is some production machine.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #135
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:18 PM
I agree with indra

it might be difficult to detach emotions on a topic like abortions
but usually when someone has a problem you try to figure out:
A. what the exact problem is
B. what the situation of that person is

I can present my moral and ethics to someone time & time again
but in the end they're probably better of with a solution that works for them instead of something that works for me

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa