Baseball bat abortion - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #91
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

he'd also have to be trained to do it which would then make him a doctor -- the person who is licensed to practice a medical procedure. if i sell my friend morphine it's illegal, but if a doctor administers me morphine -- because he is a *trained professional* -- it is legal.
My question is what would this boy be charged with? Praciticing medicine without a license or feticide?

Old 01-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

This boy did nothing more wrong than if he had driven her to the abortion clinic.
Right, because taking her to a place where it could have happened legally and safe and beating her with a baseball bat is the same.

I love how pro-life means they only care about the fetus but once it's out they don't give a fuck about life.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #93
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

It still wouldn't be legal if he wasn't a doctor. What's your point?
What I said to Irvine. What would he be charged with? Not being a doctor and performing a medical procedure or feticide?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by thacraic

What I said to Irvine. What would he be charged with? Not being a doctor and performing a medical procedure or feticide?
Being the kid's 15 and has no clue what he's doing I'm not even sure why this question's being asked. Come on your stretching.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #95
Acrobat

Quote:

I love how pro-life means they only care about the fetus but once it's out they don't give a fuck about life.
Please show me facts of this statement. Show me where the vast majority of people who are pro-life do not donate to organizations that provide for orphans or unwanted children. Show me how people that feel life begins at conception do not care what happens once it takes its first breath in this world. Where are you getting this from?!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #96
Acrobat

Quote:

Being the kid's 15 and has no clue what he's doing I'm not even sure why this question's being asked. Come on your stretching.
Ok so what if he were 30?! How is that stretching. I am putting forth a plausable scenario. What would someone be charged with? Its a simple question!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
your logic is simply too black and white for reality, which is why the law in addition to being a living thing that changes and adapts and has degrees of legality, criminality, culpability, etc. if the law is anything, it's complex.
Complex, logical and based on principle.

I've simply questioned the emotional arguments that apply only in this case because, well, the case is so special.

And conveniently, we decree "life" and "not life" on unprincipled grounds.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Right, because taking her to a place where it could have happened legally and safe and beating her with a baseball bat is the same.
"Legal" or illegal, the result is the same- dead kid. I can't believe how one is justified and the other is terrible!

Quote:
I'm not pro life I'm anti abortion!! I just stated in my other post how I detest all comfy terms for both sides of this argument. It's only pro and anti abortion!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:20 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Please show me facts of this statement. Show me where the vast majority of people who are pro-life do not donate to organizations that provide for orphans or unwanted children. Show me how people that feel life begins at conception do not care what happens once it takes its first breath in this world. Where are you getting this from?!!!!
I hear too often statements like that made by U2Kitten where what this boy did was no different than driving her to a clinic. So many can't see where a woman was beaten with a baseball bat, somehow there hatred of abortion has blinded them to that fact.

The majority of pro-life are conservatives. The majority of conservatives are pro death penalty, they develop some of the worse education programs, and usually they don't want their taxes going anywhere that doesn't affect them personally.

I just don't see the same energy put out by pro-life groups(outside of the church) to harvest these lives. In fact they are much quicker to sentence them to death, throw them in jail for life for one drug conviction, quicker to support war, quicker to deny them medical care, and quicker to ignore the poor.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #100
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Ok so what if he were 30?! How is that stretching. I am putting forth a plausable scenario. What would someone be charged with? Its a simple question!
Fine maybe both, I don't know. The point is they have no right to do what they are doing.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Since when does a 15 year old not know what they're doing? THAT'S a stretch.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I hear too often statements like that made by U2Kitten where what this boy did was no different than driving her to a clinic. So many can't see where a woman was beaten with a baseball bat, somehow there hatred of abortion has blinded them to that fact.

If the girl had been an unwilling victim I'd agree, but being that she wanted it and was in on it makes it very different and no worse than a girl going to a clinic and asking for an abortion. She wanted her child killed and she got the service performed.

As for the rest of your post, I am NOT pro life but anti abortion, and my views are not based on religion so stop stereotyping.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #103
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Since when does a 15 year old not know what they're doing? THAT'S a stretch.
About performing surgery?! Please look at the context of that statement thank you.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #104
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

If the girl had been an unwilling victim I'd agree, but being that she wanted it and was in on it makes it very different and no worse than a girl going to a clinic and asking for an abortion. She wanted her child killed and she got the service performed.
I'm not claiming the girl is innocent in this. But these instances are miles apart from each other. To claim this is the same as having a legal abortion is just ridiculous.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

About performing surgery?! Please look at the context of that statement thank you.
Okay I missed that in the requoting of the post! I thought you meant they didn't know what they were doing as if he didn't know it was bad.