Baseball bat abortion - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2005, 10:22 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America
[B]
What? This is assault, this has nothing to do with the abusing of legal abortion.
That wasn't my claim, and yes, it was assault. I would elaborate on how I find legalized abortion abusive, but I'd rather stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America

Who's claiming accidental miscarriage?
Again, not me. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Planned Parenthood defended this girl to death. I think both the boy and the girl should go to juvie hall - instead of being tried as adults, and perhaps the boy should serve more time, seeing that he did most of the damage. In my opinion, this crime was a result of promoting legal abortion, which costs big bucks, and the only differences I find between this and legalized abortion is 1) the financial difference and 2) using a baseball bat instead of a doctor.
__________________

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #32
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe

Again, not me. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Planned Parenthood defended this girl to death. I think both the boy and the girl should go to juvie hall - instead of being tried as adults, and perhaps the boy should serve more time, seeing that he did most of the damage. In my opinion, this crime was a result of promoting legal abortion, which costs big bucks, and the only differences I find between this and legalized abortion is 1) the financial difference and 2) using a baseball bat instead of a doctor.
So not only are you jumping to huge conclusions about planned parenthood, but you're saying this crime was a RESULT of promoting abortion? Plus you claim that one of the only differences is using a bat instead of a doctor? Wow that's priceless and discusting.
__________________

__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 01-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 07:01 AM
I've taken a look at Planned Parenthood, and they have a whatever attitude when it comes to teen pregnancy. I would like to know - besides the legality - why you find my opinion so disgusting.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 12:13 AM   #34
War Child
 
Do Miss America's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Ryan's Pocket
Posts: 738
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
I've taken a look at Planned Parenthood, and they have a whatever attitude when it comes to teen pregnancy.
Even if that's the case it doesn't mean they promote beating someone with a baseball bat. Christian conservatives want to get rid of homosexuals but even they won't come out and promote beating them with a baseball bat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe

I would like to know - besides the legality - why you find my opinion so disgusting.
Because you admittingly don't see the difference in using a sterile and professional setting as opposed to beating someone. I don't care what your opinion on abortion, you have to see the f##king difference.

To me this issue has nothing to do with abortion it has everything to do with abuse.
__________________
Do Miss America is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 03:04 AM   #35
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Oh, good, an abortion thread.

:: resigns self to having no life for the next few days ::
lucky there's 6 other mods then huh.

i'm glad everyone agrees that this is utterly disgusting, regardless of views on abortion itself.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 04:44 AM   #36
Acrobat
 
thacraic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 350
Local Time: 06:01 AM
This boy is not being charged with assualt. He is being charged with the death of a fetus, correct?

Evidentally the LAW does not see it as a difference. If there were a difference between assualt and abortion in this case, he would be being charged with assault not feticide (which is what they are charging him with?)
__________________
thacraic is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 04:50 AM   #37
Acrobat
 
thacraic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 350
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Do Miss America



To me this issue has nothing to do with abortion it has everything to do with abuse.
The other person was willing though so how can it be abuse? That would be like prosecuting someone for participating in S&M. Now of course that is used for sexual acts but the point being, it is a consensual thing.
__________________
thacraic is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 05:09 AM   #38
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thacraic
This boy is not being charged with assualt. He is being charged with the death of a fetus, correct?

Evidentally the LAW does not see it as a difference. If there were a difference between assualt and abortion in this case, he would be being charged with assault not feticide (which is what they are charging him with?)
Was the boy legally permitted to carry out his backyward abortion?

No.

He deserves the fullest punishment he can be afforded. And so does she, but the law disagrees.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 05:16 AM   #39
pax
ONE
love, blood, life
 
pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ewen's new American home
Posts: 11,412
Local Time: 07:01 AM
I really, really doubt that Planned Parenthood would be "whatever" about beating a young girl into miscarrying her fetus. To suggest otherwise is to smear an organization that really does do a lot of good things, regardless of how you feel about abortion.

Although Planned Parenthood does offer information about abortion (the office in my area does not actually perform them, though that could be the exception and not the rule), they also offer crisis pregnancy services, health services for pregnant women, sex education, contraception, etc. A friend of mine goes to PP for her birth control pills because she doesn't have health insurance.

This is a really disturbing thing to happen, nevertheless, and my only guess on why the pregnant woman wasn't charged is because something has to be seriously wrong with you to allow someone to beat you in the stomach with a baseball bat regularly for any period of time. Maybe she's not being charged because she's insane. I'm not being glib about this, either--doesn't that sound a bit nuts to some of you? I think this girl needs some major help.
__________________
and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time


Join Amnesty.
pax is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 05:17 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Posts: 3,854
Local Time: 11:01 AM
nevermind

too controversial
__________________
AcrobatMan is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 05:20 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 06:01 AM
I wonder if they were using birth control. Obviously that's not fool proof. I wonder also if they explored other options before resorting to this.

This quote just sticks in my head..and honestly I can't feel the sympathy for them when other options were available to them Yes I know it is so confusing and scary sometimes to be a teenager, and you don't always think before you act, whether it's about sex or other things. But you have to face up to/be prepared the consequences of sex. That's just my humble opinion.

"Miranda Massie, a Detroit civil rights attorney, believes neither teen should be charged. "My heart went out to these poor kids," Massie said. "I believe it is a terrible mistake to be charged at all. This is a tremendous waste of public resources. "

I just can't understand thinking they shouldn't be charged.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 AM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,494
Local Time: 06:01 AM
i think an irony is that if we do see the removal of abortion rights, we'll be seeing many, many, many more of these kinds of disgusting cases involving not just baseball bats, but coathangers, knitting needles, and god knows what else.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #43
Acrobat
 
thacraic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 350
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


Was the boy legally permitted to carry out his backyward abortion?

No.

He deserves the fullest punishment he can be afforded. And so does she, but the law disagrees.
I really don't understand why you quoted what I said and then replied to it with the above.

What I was saying is in regards to it not being assualt on the girl. It was consensual. It resulted in the loss of a fetus and that is the crime he is being charged with (and she should be as well.)

I really don't get your response. Sorry.
__________________
thacraic is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #44
Acrobat
 
thacraic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 350
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
This is a really disturbing thing to happen, nevertheless, and my only guess on why the pregnant woman wasn't charged is because something has to be seriously wrong with you to allow someone to beat you in the stomach with a baseball bat regularly for any period of time. Maybe she's not being charged because she's insane. I'm not being glib about this, either--doesn't that sound a bit nuts to some of you? I think this girl needs some major help.
It says why she isn't being charged. If they charged her it would conflict with fedral law (Roe v Wade) whether or not she is mentally unstable has nothing to do with it.
__________________
thacraic is offline  
Old 01-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #45
Refugee
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,415
Local Time: 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i think an irony is that if we do see the removal of abortion rights, we'll be seeing many, many, many more of these kinds of disgusting cases involving not just baseball bats, but coathangers, knitting needles, and god knows what else.
Exactly. I shudder at the thought of going back to the way things were pre-1973.
__________________

__________________
Golightly Grrl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com