Barbara Bush - Please stick a SOCK in your mouth!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do .....

I am sitting here as usual....trying to figure out what the fuck someone was thinking......to be able to maybe put up some kind of a defense....

Usually I am on here and people claim I am spouting the FOX news party line.....The funny freaking thing is...and I say this on my kids lives....I have never ever ever watched fox news....(For more than a second channel flip)

That said....

What the fuck was she thinking?

Dread, why are you surprised?

This is, after all, the same woman who said:

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths," Barbara Bush said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on March 18, 2003. "Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

But I have no doubt we will get a cohort of people here defending her and accusing the rest of us of politicizing and on and on and on.

She's just an overprivileged cow.

No it isn't...I just tested it......maybe you can't link from down under:wink:

I know understand where George got his genes...and it was not his father side of the family....:ohmy:

Not to defend her, but they are a privileged family, it is genuinely difficult for people who have always known privilege to understand life on the other side of the fence. Silly comments, but she's not a political figure in her own right.

Dreadsox said:
I do .....

I am sitting here as usual....trying to figure out what the fuck someone was thinking......to be able to maybe put up some kind of a defense....

Usually I am on here and people claim I am spouting the FOX news party line.....The funny freaking thing is...and I say this on my kids lives....I have never ever ever watched fox news....(For more than a second channel flip)

That said....

What the fuck was she thinking?

I typed out something but deleted it for fear of being completely misinterpreted. I wonder if she somehow meant that if this were some upper class folk, they'd not have the survival and coping skills that people who struggle in every day life might have? These people by absolutely no means deserve it and it is not to be likened to their previous lifestyles. It's plain and simply a tragedy. The entire world is feeling incredibly sympathetic to you all. It doesn't matter what class someone is, it doesn't make a difference, but was Mrs Bush making a badly worded comment perhaps on how the ultra rich cant even change a flat tyre without ringing your NRMA equivilant? In other words, are those who live in the South that were affected, good and strong people who will find a way to emerge from this as stong as ever?

Maybe I'm in denial that someone could insult a whole region who has just suffered more than most of us will ever understand.
:huh:

Have any of you seen this?

Subject: Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Please....I am so sick of the Michael Moore shit...

wtf does that have to do with my thread?

There is another thread already with this....

:mad:

Michael Moore is an ass.

Barbara Bush is a piece of shit.

George Bush was created by one of them, and in turn (effectively) created the other.

Yeah, I'm sick of the Michael Moore thing, too. He needs to get rid of the childish crap and maybe more people will listen to him.

Anyway ...

I'm trying to think of a positive spin for the Barbara quote as well, and failing. Do you think she could have meant it as a "let's look at the bright side of things"?

Yeah, I dunno. That's all I've got.

I think it's also high time we stop wasting our time trying to think of positive ways that she may have meant this. Also goes for people other than her who have made inappropriate statements.

Let's call a spade a spade and stop playing apologist. She's out of line. She has no concept of what it is like to be that poor. And if she cannot muster an ounce of sympathy for them, then shut the f*ck up. Nobody in that Astrodome gives a $hit about her appearance anyway. If you can't be unoffensive, stay home and say nothing.

r2884676509.jpg

Former first lady and mother to President Bush said Monday that evacuees from New Orleans have found a home in Houston.

"Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston," Barbara Bush told NPR.

"What I’m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this --this is working very well for them."

Yes - it is actually going to work out well for them. They will get new homes, cash and new lives. In many, many cases, this new beginning will be much better than it was in New Orleans.

So, I understand what she is saying. For those that were more priveleged, it's gonna suck. Because they lost a lot, and will not ever, ever get it back.

Barbara Bush: Things Working Out "Very Well" for Poor Evacuees from New Orleans

By E&P Staff

Published: September 05, 2005 7:25 PM ET updated 8:00 PM

NEW YORK Accompanying her husband, former President George H.W.Bush, on a tour of hurricane relief centers in Houston, Barbara Bush said today, referring to the poor who had lost everything back home and evacuated, "This is working very well for them."

The former First Lady's remarks were aired this evening on National Public Radio's "Marketplace" program.

She was part of a group in Houston today at the Astrodome that included her husband and former President Bill Clinton, who were chosen by her son, the current president, to head fundraising efforts for the recovery. Sen. Hilary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama were also present.

In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What I’m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."

LoveTown said:
wow, and you know the REALLY scary part....she's the smart member of the Bush family :huh:

I don't know about that, George Sr. graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Yale, he's not without accomplishments to be sure. Barbara has some good traits but she sure as hell didn't exhibit them with this dumbass remark. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Let's lock Kanye and Barbara in a room together and see what happens?

Hmmmmm

Yeah George Sr is smart...even though I find him to be the scary/sleezy kind of smart. You know, like a madman hell bent on taking over the world....

MadelynIris said:

Yes - it is actually going to work out well for them. They will get new homes, cash and new lives. In many, many cases, this new beginning will be much better than it was in New Orleans.

So, I understand what she is saying. For those that were more priveleged, it's gonna suck. Because they lost a lot, and will not ever, ever get it back.

OK, that's just unreal.

Let me tell you something about being poor and losing everything. I lived in a developing country and lost absolutely everything in a war. When I say I was poor, I mean I had the clothes on my back. Literally, that was it.

When you have LITTLE and you lose that LITTLE, you have lost it all. It is much more profound for a poor person to lose the only scrap they have, and in many cases, all poor people have is each other, than it is for a Trent Lott to lose a house.

Do you think those people think they are better off because they lost family members, neighbours and their little trailer they lived in because somewhere down the road they'll get a bigger, shinier, newer trailer? I guarantee you they would give anything to go back to what they had.

There really are two different Americas if people think this way.

LoveTown said:
Yeah George Sr is smart...even though I find him to be the scary/sleezy kind of smart. You know, like a madman hell bent on taking over the world....

By my estimates he has been in charge since 1970. He tried earlier with the Kennedy assasination....and lost power when the nation farted an elected carter.....Then there was the Clinton years.....but....pretty much since 1970 Daddy has been running the shots.

Back
Top Bottom