Ban the Low Riders...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Brittney be warned...

Bill would fine those who wear low-rise jeans

Associated Press
Apr. 23, 2004 10:37 AM

BATON ROUGE, LA. - How low can you go? A lawmaker has filed a bill in the Legislature that would ban people from wearing low-slung pants below the waist, thus "exposing skin or intimate clothing."

State Representative Derrick Shepherd got tired of catching glimpses of boxer shorts and G-strings over the low-slung belt lines of young adults.

His bill would punish anyone caught wearing low-riding pants with a fine of as much as $500 or as many as six months in jail, or both.

An ACLU spokesman says the bill goes too far. He says: "I can think of a lot of workers, plumbers, who are working and expose their buttocks."

Not a pretty picture.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0423lowrise23-ON.html

Does Baton Rouge have nothing else to spend their time and money on? Why is it our politicians want to move us closer to the countries we're trying liberate?

I guess Baton Rouge is a paradise, since their elected officials can concentrate on this level of minutia.

I hope the police will give you a "pullup your pants" warning before you get fined.....

It's interesting this is coming about since the fad is finally on its way out. A few years ago, most teen boys around here went around with their pants so low the belts were actually below the butt. When they took off their shirts, you could see whole boxer shorts :no: I never found this look attractive. "Emo" tightness is finally fading it out now, at least around here.

U2Kitten said:
It's interesting this is coming about since the fad is finally on its way out. A few years ago, most teen boys around here went around with their pants so low the belts were actually below the butt. When they took off their shirts, you could see whole boxer shorts :no: I never found this look attractive. "Emo" tightness is finally fading it out now, at least around here.

It may be fading out with teen boys but it's picking up with teen girls, have you seen all the Britney wannabes?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Does Baton Rouge have nothing else to spend their time and money on? Why is it our politicians want to move us closer to the countries we're trying liberate?

i think we can safely say that one retard doesn't represent all of louisiana's politicians, or america's politicians as a whole.

while many may not like the fad, i would assume this schmo would be in the vast minority of people who actually believe there should be a law forbidding it.

Re: Re: Ban the Low Riders...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i think we can safely say that one retard doesn't represent all of louisiana's politicians, or america's politicians as a whole.

while many may not like the fad, i would assume this schmo would be in the vast minority of people who actually believe there should be a law forbidding it.

No but it just seems to go along with the overall climate in politics that want to crack down on free speech and impose religion into the government, a forced dress code just seems like the next step.

Definitely a stupid idea. It's their bodies, they have the right to put on them whatever they please. And if it offends him or someone else so much, then just ignore them. It's not like these kids are shoving themselves up in these people's faces and forcing them to look at what they're wearing.

The part that really irritated me in that article was when he basically felt that since parents don't seem to be taking control of what their kids wear, that he and other government officials can do it themselves. He's not the parent of each kid in that area, where does he get the right to run their lives like that? It's not that these parents don't care about their children, it's that they just may feel that it's their kid's body, and they have the right to put on it what they wish.

Besides, it's especially funny to hear of some adults trying to tell kids what to wear, considering that those very same adults came from an era in which they had to deal with their parents, teachers, and other various adult figures telling the guys to cut their hair ('cause, you know, long hair automatically meant that you were some sort of heathen or something), and girls couldn't wear pants (my mom tells me about how she never got to wear pants to school until she was in...high school, I believe it was), and things like that. And I distinctly remember a lot of the people who were kids then being annoyed about those restrictions, so...why are some of them now turning around and doing similar things to us?

Okay. Done ranting now. LOL :).

Angela

how exactly are they going to define low riders anyhow :eyebrow:. You can have your underwear stick out of normal rise pants if you are wearing granny panties.

but there must be some kind of cut off point, or is it at the police's discretion.

why am I even talking about this :coocoo:

I think i'm going to pass a law banning stupidity.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yep, good case of the wrong idiot in the wrong place

ILuvLarryMullen said:

I think i'm going to pass a law banning stupidity.

Whoa, slow down and think about this. If your law passes do you realize how fast the jails will be overcrowded? Or that some whole states will be bannished? I won't even get into what it will do to politics...

What we wear is a personal choice, but not always a pleasant thing to see. Some people wear the current style without a thought to whether it suits their body type. Sometimes that DOES seem a crime.

:rolleyes:

First the Sono Bono "no thongs in Palm Springs" law and now this. Give me a break.

Will this just affect young adults or will they be hauling in geezers like me who happen to prefer low rise jeans?

i would lose it if i couldn't wear low riders anymore (except not those ass crack showing ones). they make me look taller. and i can use all the help i can get in that department. :D

Screaming Flower said:
i would lose it if i couldn't wear low riders anymore (except not those ass crack showing ones)

Oh come on now...live on the edge...... :hyper:

I thought this was about trucks...LOL

lt01.jpg
:hyper:

I thought it was about cars when I first saw the subject.

Anyway, I have to wear low riders if I want to wear pants at all since my waist is really small and my thighs are huge in comparison. So jeans that fit my waist won't go up over my thighs and hips and jeans that fit my thighs and hips are like five sizes too big for my waist. :huh:

/girlyification of thread

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Whoa, slow down and think about this. If your law passes do you realize how fast the jails will be overcrowded? Or that some whole states will be bannished? I won't even get into what it will do to politics...

:lmao:

that's why I'm seceding and forming my own country. Citizenship is invitation only :angry:.

This has got to be one of the stupidest laws I've ever heard of, and there are some really bad ones. Are the cops in Baton Rouge bored?

yeah I thought this was about the car as well LOL

I wear low-riders (not the ones that show my crack or anything) but I can't wear pants that go up to my bellybutton :huh: I HATE those. :madspit:

*MG would be arrested as soon as she set foot in Louisiana* LOL

I don't think anyone would arrest anybody for them unless they were indecent. There have always been laws against indecent exposure so it's not that big of a thing.

BluberryPoptart said:
I don't think anyone would arrest anybody for them unless they were indecent. There have always been laws against indecent exposure so it's not that big of a thing.

What's indecent? How do we qualify indecent? Some places of the world a woman's face is "indecent". People create these laws to define what's indecent. No one's been arrested for wearing them now but this quack wants to change that. It is a big deal.

People get arrested for indecent exposure not for wearing their pants too low.

Back
Top Bottom