Bad stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Hi guys,

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place - if not would a mod please be kind enough to move the thread?

I just found out my kid sister has lung cancer. She's only 21.

I'm totally in shock so sorry if this post is in the wrong area of the forum :(

A very sad Sara

:sad:

Thanks, that's kind of you. Probably looks weird, my being on the net having just found this out, but I'm too kind of shocked to get up and do anything. If that makes any sense at all:confused:

Not sure about moving it but that's not really my biggest concern right now. :(

I'm truly sorry to hear this and will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts. :hug: I lost my father to cancer in November, it seems to leave no family untouched. :angry:

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
Thanks, that's kind of you. Probably looks weird, my being on the net having just found this out, but I'm too kind of shocked to get up and do anything. If that makes any sense at all:confused:
'

It makes perfect sense to me, it's probably all you can do to just keep going right now.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Hi guys,

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place - if not would a mod please be kind enough to move the thread?

I just found out my kid sister has lung cancer. She's only 21.

I'm totally in shock so sorry if this post is in the wrong area of the forum :(

A very sad Sara

:sad:

A good friend of mine just had part of her lung removed and she has made 100% recovery, there is hope if it's caught soon enough.

Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad Neutral :(

I'm not really dealing with it yet I suppose... just wandering around the messageboard posting daft comments as usual and trying not to get too down.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts.

And sometimes you really need the escapism message boards provide. I think I would have gone nuts when my mom was dying without being able to come here and relax and just not have to think about it for a while each day.

Thanks for all the kind wishes everyone.

We found out today that it's not just lungs - liver and kidney as well :sad: :sad: :sad:

Chemo starts in 10 days.

Sorry to be so bloody depressing but I don't know what tohe hell to do, there's nothing I can do, this is such a load of horseshit. my family and I must have been really bad people in a past life

Sara, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your sister. :sad: My wife and I will keep her, you and your family in our prayers. :hug: Hang in there. Keep us all posted so all of us can keep praying for you. God bless you and your family.

oh shit :yikes: :( :(

oh, I am so sorry for your sister & you/ family.....:hug:
Prayers your way......

Try & stay strong- healing has happened in even worse cancer situations....

Yes, you diffinately need places to express your feelings when need to and/or grab a mini-respite as needed...we'll be here.

:hug:s, again.

Ugghhhhhhhhh that is so awful, I'm so sorry - I'm just now seeing this........

Seeing your first post, I was thinking, ok, they found it in her lungs - where else is it lurking? :( It's very rare, especially in young people, to have primary lung cancer - meaning that it is where it first popped up and the only place affected. When spots show up in the lungs, it is usually because it has spread from somewhere else...

They will have her on the best possible treatment now that they know all the areas affected. I'm praying for your sister and family as you weather this storm :( :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Cancer is such a scary thing to deal with....

You and your family are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this Sara...... i am going to my Temple in an hour and i will pray for your sister.....

be strong and know that God is with you and your family...

Sara, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. :sad:

I know God will be with you and your family through this.

Just keep positive thoughts!!!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom