Back stage MSG Saturday . To funny . Who do you think was smoken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by U2girl:
Just because you didn't have any big problems with it, doesn't mean there aren't people who do. And i'm talking about those people.

For the last time, to have knowledge on a subject a person DOES not necessarily need practical experience. Example: drugs. There are plenty of credible informations to be found about them, in books/TV/magazines.

Look, a little info for you. The worst problem anyone can have with smoking too much pot is being lazy(something you'd know if you had experience). People don't go to rehab for pot addictions because it's not addictive.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by mikal:
Look, a little info for you. The worst problem anyone can have with smoking too much pot is being lazy(something you'd know if you had experience). People don't go to rehab for pot addictions because it's not addictive.

I don't recall ever seeing any official statement about marijuana being addictive or not.

The effect a drug has on people varies: how often it's used, the quantity of a used drug, each human body reacts to "outside" influences different, it can have additional side effects when mixed with alcohol, side effects if it's has additional ingredients (not "pure" drug), a person who has done drugs before will react different to a first time user etc...you can't say "marijuana is not bad" just because that was the case for YOU.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).]

Whatever. This thread was also about what drugs (not just marijuana, drugs in general!) to do people, and i saw plenty of that-from the sources above.

No, this thread is about marijuana. The only other drugs mentioned were not debated over. You're the one trying to make it a DRUG thread because it's easier to just generalize marijuana with all other drugs if you don't know much about it.

------------------

By the way, thanks for the patronising tone throughout your posts.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).][/B]

can you blame me. Everything I say is going in one ear and out the other with you.

I don't recall ever seeing any official statement about marijuana being addictive or not.

It's been proven not addictive over and over again. Don't even try to argue this one. It's a lost cause.

------------------

can you blame me. Everything I say is going in one ear and out the other with you.

It's the other way around: that goes for you, not me.

It's been proven not addictive over and over again. Don't even try to argue this one. It's a lost cause.

Whatever you say. Sure.
rolleyes.gif

I'll believe it when i see it officially announced in the media.

It's the other way around: that goes for you, not me.

I know you are, but what am I? HAHA!

Just look at what you said! You are saying the exact opposite of everything I say trying to get the last word in. This is ridiculous. Once again, you let what could have been a friendly debate turn sour.

------------------

Here we go again: don't talk about it because you didn't try it.
So what? Why should that prevent me from having an opinion?

Because you're obviosly not educated on the subject. Before acting like an expert, you should know the facts first.

------------------

Because you're obviosly not educated on the subject. Before acting like an expert, you should know the facts first.

mad.gif
There's not a single thing i wrote that isn't true.

(Aside from the "addiction of marijuana"-i don't know about that, though it seems weird to me , since it is a drug, that it wouldn't cause addiction. But fine, whatever you say)

Who said anything about me being an expert on marijuana (or other drugs, for that matter?). I sure didn't.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

mad.gif
There's not a single thing i wrote that isn't true.

yeah, okay.

You said "Both can kill you". Wrong! If pot was so deadly, there WOULD be overwhelming statistics on this subject.

I'm not saying this to piss you off. You get way to defensive about things sometimes. Chill out! I'm just trying to point out to you that it's hard to make correct judgements on issues if you've never had experience with what you're talking about. For example, I've never tried heroin. Even though everyone says it's bad, I don't know for sure. Therefore, it wouldn't be my place to act like an expert.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom