Back stage MSG Saturday . To funny . Who do you think was smoken? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-01-2001, 04:10 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
yeah, okay.

You said "Both can kill you". Wrong! If pot was so deadly, there WOULD be overwhelming statistics on this subject.

For example, I've never tried heroin. Even though everyone says it's bad, I don't know for sure. Therefore, it wouldn't be my place to act like an expert.

I was saying both "drugs and alcohol can kill you", which is true. I never said marijuana per se kills people-maybe not kill your body, but can kill you mentally and spiritually IN EXCESSIVE USE.

I don't understand your heroin example: of course it's bad. We know that because it's effects on people are well known. We don't need to try it ourselves to know that for a fact. Common sense: learn from other people's mistakes, so you won't repeat them. Who says you need to try everything for yourself? Take people's word for it.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono
__________________

__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 04:16 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
I was saying both "drugs and alcohol can kill you", which is true. I never said marijuana per se kills people-maybe not kill your body, but can kill you mentally and spiritually IN EXCESSIVE USE.

I don't understand your heroin example: of course it's bad. We know that because it's effects on people are well known. We don't need to try it ourselves to know that for a fact. Common sense: learn from other people's mistakes, so you won't repeat them. Who says you need to try everything for yourself? Take people's word for it.

How do you know marijuana kills you mentally and spiritually? I know quite a few people that smoke pot 3 times a day, every day, and they're fine. So your point is invalid.

My point in my heroin statement was not about whether or not heroin is bad. It was about acting like you know more than you really do about a subject. Try reading my post again.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________

__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 04:30 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
How do you know marijuana kills you mentally and spiritually? I know quite a few people that smoke pot 3 times a day, every day, and they're fine. So your point is invalid.

My point in my heroin statement was not about whether or not heroin is bad. It was about acting like you know more than you really do about a subject. Try reading my post again.

I highly doubt that smoking marijuana over and over again WON'T do at least SOME damage to your brain and mind.
(if not killing a person mentally and spiritually-i said this CAN happen. not necessarily. if a person is so obsessed with a drug that he gets into various delirious stages when he is lacking the drug, i'd say he's dead mentally, wouldn't you? or if a person that gets to the point where he neglects everything else but the drug, he's dead spiritually. same thing if a person gets to the point where he actually is preferring being high to being clean and tries to be high as much as possible during the day.)

You lost me in your second paragraph. I don't get your logic: first you say "i don't know for sure if heroin is bad. i've never tried it" and then "it wasn't about heroin being good or bad".

Huh?!?

I can't act like i know more than i do on a subject. That didn't make any sense. Again, i never said i was an expert on drugs. And i never said i know everything there is to know about them.




[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).]
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 04:53 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
I highly doubt that smoking marijuana over and over again WON'T do at least SOME damage to your brain and mind.
(if not killing a person mentally and spiritually-i said this CAN happen. not necessarily. if a person is so obsessed with a drug that he gets into various delirious stages when he is lacking the drug, i'd say he's dead mentally, wouldn't you? or if a person that gets to the point where he neglects everything else but the drug, he's dead spiritually. same thing if a person gets to the point where he actually is preferring being high to being clean and tries to be high as much as possible during the day.)
Once again, there's no way for you to know this because you've never had the experience.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 04:58 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:

You lost me in your second paragraph. I don't get your logic: first you say "i don't know for sure if heroin is bad. i've never tried it" and then "it wasn't about heroin being good or bad".

Huh?!?
yes, you are lost. For the second time, I wasn't talking about whether heroin is good or bad, I was making an example of why you should stay out of this debate. It's not that hard to understand. Why don't you try reading that post ONE MORE TIME because you obviously missed the point.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:01 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
Once again, there's no way for you to know this because you've never had the experience.

Oh come on. The stuff i wrote in the brackets is proven and i found it in many articles in serious newspapers, not to mention TV shows.
Again, why would i need experience to know this?

__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:03 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
Oh come on. The stuff i wrote in the brackets is proven and i found it in many articles in serious newspapers, not to mention TV shows.
Again, why would i need experience to know this?

Which newspaper? The Onion?

Before I ever tried marijuana, I thought it was the worst thing in the world because that's what adults told me. Now that I have EXPERIENCE, I realized that I was naive and that pot is no worse than alcohol.

I'm not promoting that you try it(though maybe it would help you chill out a little), but I just want to show you how a little EXPERIENCE with something can enlighten you and make you more educated on the subject.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 11-01-2001).]
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:04 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
yes, you are lost. For the second time, I wasn't talking about whether heroin is good or bad, I was making an example of why you should stay out of this debate. It's not that hard to understand. Why don't you try reading that post ONE MORE TIME because you obviously missed the point.

I added the last paragraph just below the words you quoted in that post, which responded to your "acting more like i know" argument. But you didn't bother to read it.

True, some people know more about drugs than others. But this is a worldwide problem and it needs to be discussed, without people "staying out of it".



[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).]
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:11 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
Which newspaper? The Onion?

And you talk about "not knowing the facts".

No it wasn't "The onion". It was the leading newspaper (not a tabloid) in my country which described what drugs to do you (internal organs damage etc.. it was a doctor describing, so you can take his word for it). Same newspaper had an interview with an addict about how drugs take over a person's life completely.
And i saw more than 1 TV show about it (how drugs take over your life etc...), with actual ex-drug addicts in therapy talking about it.
As for medical symptoms of what drug does to your body, several articles in magazines and books can be found.

Credible enough for you?




[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).]
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:14 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
[B] I added the last paragraph just below the words you quoted in that post, which responded to your "acting more like i know" argument. But you didn't bother to read it.
Just because I didn't quote it doesn't mean I didn't read it. Give me a break!

In response to the paragraph "that I didn't read", the fact that you entered this debate puts your knowledge of the subject on the line. And as I've said too many times already, the fact that you don't have experience lessens your knowledge on the subject unless you read books on pot all the time, which I highly doubt. Get it?

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

[This message has been edited by mikal (edited 11-01-2001).]
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:17 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
And you talk about "not knowing the facts".

No it wasn't "The onion". It was the leading newspaper (not a tabloid) in my country which described what drugs to do you (internal organs damage etc.. it was a doctor describing, so you can take his word for it). Same newspaper had an interview with an addict about how drugs take over a person's life completely).
And i saw more than 1 TV show about it (how drugs take over your life etc...), with actual ex-drug addicts in therapy talking about it.

Credible enough for you?


[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).]
Not really.

This article was about drug addicts, and remember, marijuana is not addictive! So much for your BIG source. HAHA!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:18 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Calluna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cloud Cookoo Land
Posts: 3,542
Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:

I'm not promoting that you try it(though maybe it would help you chill out a little),
I sympathize with you, mikal.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes
__________________
Calluna is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:22 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
Before I ever tried marijuana, I thought it was the worst thing in the world because that's what adults told me. Now that I have EXPERIENCE, I realized that I was naive and that pot is no worse than alcohol.

I'm not promoting that you try it(though maybe it would help you chill out a little), but I just want to show you how a little EXPERIENCE with something can enlighten you and make you more educated on the subject.

Just because you didn't have any big problems with it, doesn't mean there aren't people who do. And i'm talking about those people.

For the last time, to have knowledge on a subject a person DOES not necessarily need practical experience. Example: drugs. There are plenty of credible informations to be found about them, in books/TV/magazines.

__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:23 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,917
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Calluna:
I sympathize with you, mikal.

Thanks Calluna! LOL

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 11-01-2001, 05:26 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal:
Not really.

This article was about drug addicts, and remember, marijuana is not addictive! So much for your BIG source. HAHA!

Whatever. This thread was also about what drugs (not just marijuana, drugs in general!) to do people, and i saw plenty of that-from the sources above.

I'm not even gonna comment on "it would help you chill". Don't even go there.

By the way, thanks for the patronising tone throughout your posts.



[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-01-2001).]
__________________

__________________
U2girl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com