AXIS OF IGNORANCE!!! Are you a supporter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
hannitysmall.jpg
bill.jpg
portraits.Par.0028.PortraitImageFile.gif

Hannity, O'Reilly. and Limbaugh

I have been listening a bit lately.
I swear sometimes I think that I am listening to a parody skit, Mad TV, etc.
It is mostly funny. But, then I realize many buy the crap hook, line and sinker.

Mr Deep-
With over 1100 posts under your belt this is one of your weakest ones yet.
I believe you can do better.

thank u

Diamond
:angry:

The ignorance is spreading like wild fire though. I often get bored of music in my car so I listen to talk radio. Everyone with the exception of a few individuals are just completely clueless and talking out of their asses. I'm embarrassed to say I was listening to Howard Stern the other day and he was going off on some rant about the war, and he started talking about how this is payback for 9/11. I mean Jeh suus why are people still trying to make these connections. He's saying how Bush is one of the best presidents this nation's seen...Howard Stern on the same page as Rush when it comes to politics?! The rest of the guys are all local so I don't want to talk about them. But it's ridiculous, I don't care so much that everyone talking is leaning to the right and don't have the same opinions I do. I'm use to that, I live in Texas. But educate yourself on the issues before you just rattle off the same dribble you heard fall out of W's mouth the night before. I've honestly seen a sharp turn in the media in general, it's getting to the point where we'll all be saying "That damn conservative media."

BVS,

I don't know anyone who tunes in to Stern for politics. He is for tawdry entertainment. I can only take him in small doses.

The Mayes family is from Texas, too. They own 1200 radio stations, thanks to deregulation. Most of the talk stations. It is good that you are educating yourself.
Unfortunately I hear many people repeating the illogical, sometimes bigoted arguments presented by the previously mentioned. Axis of Ignorance.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
The ignorance is spreading like wild fire though. I often get bored of music in my car so I listen to talk radio. Everyone with the exception of a few individuals are just completely clueless and talking out of their asses. I'm embarrassed to say I was listening to Howard Stern the other day and he was going off on some rant about the war, and he started talking about how this is payback for 9/11. I mean Jeh suus why are people still trying to make these connections. He's saying how Bush is one of the best presidents this nation's seen...Howard Stern on the same page as Rush when it comes to politics?! The rest of the guys are all local so I don't want to talk about them. But it's ridiculous, I don't care so much that everyone talking is leaning to the right and don't have the same opinions I do. I'm use to that, I live in Texas. But educate yourself on the issues before you just rattle off the same dribble you heard fall out of W's mouth the night before. I've honestly seen a sharp turn in the media in general, it's getting to the point where we'll all be saying "That damn conservative media."

Whoa.

Stern agreeing with the conservatives...

Yep. Hell just froze over.

Anywho, I am a non-supporter of that axis of evil (at least, not Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly...Sean Hannity, I haven't watched T.V. when he's been on, so I can't say what I definitely think of him).

But Rush and Bill...:madspit: :crack: :yuck: :barf:.

Angela

A quick key to discipher this thread

Axis of Ignorance = I don't agree with the views expressed

which leads to

Axis of Educated Opinion = I agree with the views expressed

I don't know who the

Axis of Educated Opinion are.

But, these guys led the charge against FRENCH fries.

And imho that is ignorant.

I thought you meant France, Russia and China :)

All three of these guys can be extremely annoying. But I would not lump O'Reilly in with Limbaugh and Hannity. O'Reilly is different than these extreme close-minded blowhards. Well O'Reilly is one too, i admit, but in a not so staunchly conservative way as the other two. I am a liberal, and I disagree with probably 75% of what O'Reilly says and then sometimes he is right on the money. I am usually pretty shocked when he says something I agree with, but it does happen every once in a great while.

Last edited:
womanfish,

Though I am not one for labels.
I have many more conserative friends than liberal friends.
I never argue politics with them.
I do have some good discussions and exchange of ideas.
O'Rielly claims to be an independent.
All three of these guys talk over their guests and treat people who differ with them poorly.

deep said:
womanfish,

All three of these guys talk over their guests and treat people who differ with them poorly.

I have an older brother like this:sexywink::wave:

Read this-

Al-Qaeda fighting with Iraqis, British claim
March 28 2003, 9:41 AM

Near Basra, Iraq: British military interrogators claim captured Iraqi soldiers have told them that al-Qaeda terrorists are fighting on the side of Saddam Hussein's forces against allied troops near Basra.

At least a dozen members of Osama bin Laden's network are in the town of Az Zubayr where they are coordinating grenade and gun attacks on coalition positions, according to the Iraqi prisoners of war.

It was believed that last night (Thursday) British forces were preparing a military strike on the base where the al-Qaeda unit was understood to be holed up.

A senior British military source inside Iraq said: "The information we have received from PoWs today is that an al-Qaeda cell may be operating in Az Zubayr. There are possibly around a dozen of them and that is obviously a matter of concern to us."

If terrorists are found, it would be the first proof of a direct link between Saddam's regime and Osama bin Laden, the mastermind of the 11 September attacks on New York and Washington.

The connection would give credibility to the argument that Tony Blair used to justify war against Saddam - a "nightmare scenario" in which he might eventually pass weapons of mass destruction to terrorists.

On Wednesday Donald Rumsfeld, the US defence secretary, said the coalition had solid evidence that senior al-Qaeda operatives have visited Baghdad in the past.

Rumsfeld said Saddam had an "evolving" relationship with the terror network.

The presence of fanatical al-Qaeda terrorists would go some way to explaining the continued resistance to US and British forces in southern Iraq, an area dominated by Shi'ite Muslims traditionally hostile to

Saddam's regime.

Heavy fighting continued around the besieged city of Basra yesterday after British forces destroyed 14 Iraqi tanks which had struck out towards the Al Faw peninsula.

Military commanders have decided against launching an attack on Basra because of fears the operation would result in a Stalingrad-style street battle.

It is estimated the Iraqi military forces in the area have been reduced to 30 per cent fighting strength but have now embedded themselves within civilian buildings in the city.

Armed raids have destroyed transmitters and taken state radio and television off the air in Basra and effectively cutting off its communications with Baghdad.

British tanks from the 7th Armoured Brigade, the Desert Rats, could be sent into Basra if there is a sudden civilian uprising against Saddam's forces.

Last night, forces around the city heard loud explosions as coalition helicopter gunships were sent into the area.

This is a pooled despatch from Gethin Chamberlain of The Scotsman.

DB9

No, I am not a supporter. Just ask Diamond...errr...I mean...diamond. By the way, why isn't the "D" capitalized? I thought you were a narscist (sp?).

---The Onion had a photo of Sean Hannity in it's issue about three weeks ago and the caption read: "Fox News Asks the Questions Other Reporters are Too Intellegent to Ask" (I think I may be paraphrasing).----

Now, those of you who disagree with Deep and myself should know that I gave Hannity and Limbaugh and O'Reilly plenty of time to change my opinion of their character. They simply haven't proven that they're anything but loud, semi-ignorant, mouthpieces for the conservative party. Due to their bias I can't hold anything they say to be 100% true. I know, I know....by that logic I should trust Michael Moore or Phil Donahue, but the difference between these two gentlemen and those right-wing fascists is that Mike and Phil criticize both parties (the Republicans and the Democrats...or as I like to call them "The Republicrats") equally. Unlike those Aryan/Italian/Formerly obsese piles of shit. :) LOL.....:p

----Please don't ban me for that last comment. It was made in jest.....honest!!! :/

Deep, you've got a friend in me, and while I too fear the sheeps who follow this flock of ignorance, I have faith that truth will set them free. I just hope the bombs don't kill everything before that time. (Sigh)

We deserve each other? Are you trying to spread your homophobic propaganda around my hood, nigga?

Sho' nuff!

Don't be spreadin' that trif on my ziggy-zag, ya hear?

----That's my imitation of a Hill-billy/Rap Gangsta/White Boy from Oklahoma.

Danospano- terms such as the "n" word and affiliates of it are NOT PERMITTED on Interference, neither are racial/geographical/class stererotypes.

Refrain from using them ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom